The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Performance Problem (Fps Drop).

Nevzuavyer

Hello Warframe Community, on start sorry for my not-very-well english. ^^

My problem is related with performance, where FPS drop to 28 FPS, (average 50-80 +/-).
Drop appear when I go to larger areas, like event map where ship of Corpus and Greener are linked.

My specification:

Windows 7 Professional
Intel Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20Ghz (2 cores, 4 threads)
AMD Radeon HD 5700 series (5770)
4GB RAM DDR3

- When i got FPS drop, CPU(40-60%), GPU(60-80%) and RAM(60-70%) are not overloaded.
- Same performance drop when I play solo, and online (non-hosting).
- I installed lastest drivers for graphic card, motherboard, directx too etc.
- freshly after format and disk defragmentation (ccleaner, defraggler).
- Trying to change resolution to 800x600, low all the settings (in AMD Catalyst Control Center too), 32 and 64bit mode, multi-threaded rendering, V-sync off, nothing change.

- Razer game booster off/on, nothing change.

And additional question, problem may be caused by HDD drive? In program 'HDD Health', my disk have 71% health.

Thanks for all replies, cheer! :)

Yeah recently I have experienced major fps drop... the only thing I have done is lowered my graphics all to low and taken warframe shadows off etc..I use to be able to play Warframe well but now after these updates it's become almost unplayable and because of that I probably won't be able to finish the event with 100 wins :(

- Thanks and sorry. 

My problem is related with performance, where FPS drop to 28 FPS, (average 50-80 +/-).

Drop appear when I go to larger areas, like event map where ship of Corpus and Greener are linked.

This is unfortunately quite common. It's less noticeable with a higher-end GPU, where the 40% drop in framerate in these areas might mean going from 100 to 60 fps, but on older or less powerful hardware, it becomes exactly as you describe regardless of settings. My Radeon HD 7950 can hit 120 fps or so; yet I see drops to even 50 fps in situations like this.

It's an issue with how the game engine renders environments and enemy mobs, and it has persisted for the 9 months I've played. Multithread rendering helps a bit, but not enough to completely solve the issue. The combination of large rooms, many enemies, effects like fire, and physical projectiles like Eviscerator blades / Napalm shots / bolts / arrows ruin the frame rate. There's nothing to be done but make a report like this and hope DE can improve the game's efficiency.

• 1 month later...

My problems are a little worse. Well, a lot.

PC Specs:

CPU- AMD FX 6200 (6-CORE) Windows 8- 64bit

GPU- ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series ( 1920x1080- 60Hz )

Motherboard- AMD 970 Chipset

RAM- 10Gb DDR3

I cannot even load the login menu with full-screen enabled( I used to be able too.) While in windowed mode I get around 7-12 FPS while loading in ( used to get around 40 FPS, because it's a still picture.) When I am finished loading into the menu, my FPS drops to about 10 while typing in my password. Once I finish typing my password in, I get EXACTLY 10 FPS; 100ms ( This slows down everything, to the point I close it and play DayZ with 60 frames.) Ever since update 11, this has been happening to me. I have updated all my drivers, OS, and even uninstalled and reinstalled Warframe from both Steam and the website. I used to get around 75-90 FPS in-game. Now the loading screen drops my framerate around 80 frames. I have debugged, defragged, and updated everything. I have no explination why or how this is possible. I have ruled out internet, drivers, HDD health. So if you have even the slightest theory that would maybe help, please let me know. I love this game so much and I cant even play it. So please help, thank you!

Edited by unbound_cobrah

Yeah recently I have experienced major fps drop... the only thing I have done is lowered my graphics all to low and taken warframe shadows off etc..I use to be able to play Warframe well but now after these updates it's become almost unplayable and because of that I probably won't be able to finish the event with 100 wins :(

- Thanks and sorry. 

Yup used to play fine all maxed dx11 very smooth , but game performance has been dropping since every update, I am now playing in dx9 and still getting in the red, worse and worse every patch is weird :(  Have a i7 580 gtx.

So if you have even the slightest theory that would maybe help, please let me know. I love this game so much and I cant even play it. So please help, thank you!

In the launcher settings (click the gear icon in the upper right corner), deselect multithreaded rendering. This option was enabled by default for the first time with update 11, and it sounds like it doesn't play nicely with your system. That should put you back to normal performance.

Well, did what Morcant suggested. Really helped! But the brightness, the nits and details on our warframe isn't as nice as multi threaded enabled. Hopefully the devs will fix this asap. Can't believe my GTX765M and i7 wouldn't support this out, else I'd have to get a PS4 :-/

I've noticed that my fps gets locked somehow at 40 after I run a single mission. Relaunching the game restores my regular framerate of ~130 or so, but its quite annoying having to relog after every match. I wonder if it's got something to do with the latest hotfix that was meant to 'address fps loss', as this issue has only cropped up since then. 

Im having lot of performance issues ever since the orokin derelict came. Ive been playing for almost a year and i started at medium-high settings where i had stable 60+ fps.

Yesterday i played after a while and my frames were 35-50 on LOW! Everything disabled. Tried different drivers and no change.

My rig:

CPU i5 3570 3.4GHz

GPU Radeon HD 6790 1GB DDR5

Ram 8GB

OS Win7 ulti

Anyone with similar specs having the same issue?

Edited by Lateralus

I used to play the game maxed out at 40-50 fps (even when i was the host). Now i have the graphics turned all the way down to be able to play.

Specs:

Cpu i5-3230M 2.6 Ghz (3.2 ghz on turbo boost)

Gpu nvidia geforce 710M 1gb 

Ram 8gb

Windows 8.1

I am gonna try disabling the multithreaded rendering option.

Edited by Nulgath

I used to play the game maxed out at 40-50 fps (even when i was the host). Now i have the graphics turned all the way down to be able to play.

Specs:

Cpu i5-3230M 2.6 Ghz (3.2 ghz on turbo boost)

Gpu nvidia geforce 710M 1gb 

Ram 8gb

Windows 8.1

I am gonna try disabling the multithreaded rendering option.

Ok, first of all, A 710M?!?! And secondly, When you had 40-50 fps, you were on Windows 8 correct? Because I have heard that 8.1 has large performance drops. As to the GPU, what resolution were you playing at? Curious as to how you were able to accomplish max settings with 40-50 fps. 

It's not Windows 8.1.  I've played Warframe on Windows 8.1 since it came out, and just recently started having framerate problems.

Intel Core i7-3740QM 2.7 GHz (Turbo Boost to 3.7 GHz) 4 Cores hyperthreaded to act as 8.

16 GB RAM

Dual AMD Radeon HD 7970M 2GB each

I recently went from having 120-180 fps (depending on tileset) to 25-40 fps (on Grineer vs Corpus invasion).

EDIT:  All playing was done at 1920x1080 with all graphics enabled except light bloom and VSync.

Edited by Telogor

Could be an update to something. I'll be the first to admit that a crossfire 7950M should not have a problem. I can run warframe on high settings on my 4670M, so that shouldn't be a problem at all. Did you update windows or change any settings recently?

Up until yesterday I was able to play the game fine with minor glitches/lags, but right now after Update 11.5 everything is gone downhill. At start up the FPS is at 40-60, I was able to visit market and Foundry just fine, but once I am in the maps the FPS went down to 20-30, and in the game, almost every map can't raise it higher than 15 FPS and event maps are always 10 FPS. 

Everything was then set down to the lowest settings and I updated the GPU to the lastest driver, see if it helps. It did not work. Not sure if anyone else have the same problem with Update 11.5 though.

I've been having the same problem as well with my computer. I was having a good 40-60 FPS yesterday, but today it went down to a very bad ~12-13 FPS. On my other laptop though, it runs at a good 40 FPS. Maybe its a problem with certain graphic cards. The laptop I use has switchable graphics and the other one doesn't.

dunno this will help you or not but worth a shot
1. check your launcher setting (check the setting icon on the launcher)
2. disable multi thread rendering (i found this thing make me suffer FPS drop haha)
3. go to your game setting
4. put the display setting to windowed 1200x720 (or something smaller, less windows to show means less lag)
5. reduce the field of view to 1/3 of the bar (except you are heavy zoom user)
6. turn off : anti aliasing (less graphic smoothing more FPS you gain)

high dynamic range , dynamic lightning , depth of field, motion blur, bloom & character shadow should turned off (less graphic again but more fps)

7. shadow quality low , but the graphic can be medium or high (if you can't stand bad graphic like me)
8. the most important thing is turn of vertical sync (this eat your ram a lot, about 1GB for sync)

this step works for me hopes it work for you bro