Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich System: Some needed improvements before the Corpus liches come

(PSN)Vexx757

Since we are getting Corpas lichs, I through it would be appropriate to put forward some ideas. Even through I`m glad that this is a thing,I think that their are somethings that needs to be improved and it needs to happen before the Corpas versions come out.

Here are some ideas that I think can improve the kuva lich system:

Parazon

Spoiler

·       If you attack enemies with your melee weapon when the parazon symbol appears above enemies, they are invulnerable for 1 second so that you get a chance to perform a mercy kill on it instead of missing your chance because enemies die too quickly.

·       Increase the speed of grineer hacking terminals.

·       Increase the speed of mercy kill finisher animation.

Meeting Larvling

Spoiler

·       The larvling can appear in syndicate missions.

·       The larvling will have an ephemera on them.

Lich influence

Spoiler

·       There is a location with a mark that shows that the lich will have a 100% chance to spawn on that location.

·       Defeating the lich will give double the resources that was stolen from you.

·       Instead of the lich mission having their own missions, make them be a part of other missions.

Kuva syphon missions

Spoiler

·       Make kuva syphon missions also appear on Lua, the void and Uranus.

·       Decrease the time it takes for the kuva cloud to appear from 30s to 15s.

·       Make kuva syphons appear on open spaces instead of narrow spaces. (eris)

Finding Clues

Spoiler

·       The thralls can appear in syndicate missions.

·       There is a special thrall (that is highlighted yellow) that will run away when it spots you. When it spots you a timer will start if you fail to stop it from escaping, it will disappear however if you capture it you will be presented with two choices; you can either kill it which will give you five extra requiem murmurs (clues) or you can capture it with the operator which will reveal one strength and one weakness of the lich. (this will appear on the kuva lich menu)

·       These yellow thralls pop up randomly in missions.

·       Killing them will have a 50% chance to drop 1,300 kuva or two requiem relics, capturing it will reveal the location to treasure.

·       When the treasure location is reviled, a red trail will appear which will lead you to it. (like the first mission of the Octavia`s anthem)

·       When you find the treasure chest you will receive a codex entry about the lore of the kuva lichs and a chance to receive a rare parazon mod or a lich beacon. (the lore will display like the lore for ordis)

·       If you are doing fissure missions and the yellow thralls appear whether you find all the clues or not which on capture will reward you with 100 void traces killed or captured.

·       The lich won`t appear until the mission is complete.

·       If you have all three murmurs, kuva drop chance from thralls will increase from to 60% and will drop 500 kuva. Yellow thralls in fissure missions will drop 200 void traces.

Random examples of strengths and weaknesses

Strengths

·       Immune to primary weapon attacks.

·       Immune to cc warframe powers

·       Increase movement speed.

·       Does viral attacks.

Weaknesses

·       Scared of kubros & kavats (even through this is already a thing the lich don`t react to seeing one and the dialog doesn`t match with what is happening)

·       Weak to operator attacks.

·       Can be opened up to finishers.

·       Easily knocked down.

Unique lichs

Spoiler

As mini bosses they need to differ from other bosses when it comes to their fighting behaviour.

Different behaviours

·       The ability to summon companions

·       A roar that can increase enemies` movement speed.

·       Able to perform dodge manoeuvres.

·       Berserker mode when damaged.

·       They will let you know when you attack them that they are resistant to or weak against.

·       If you try to attack it with its weakness but you failed to defeat it, they will remember what you did and mention it the next time they sent you a massage.

·       On the third health bar, they go berserk by moving faster and changing their behaviour.

Convert and Vanquish

Spoiler

Me personally I don`t think it’s rewarding enough for the amount of grind it has when it comes to the choice to either vanquish or convert, so I’m going to give points on some ideas to improve the rewards you can receive.

Vanquish

The only thing you get from killing a lich is a weapon but what if you got all the weapons already or (like me) you only want 4 out of the 13 weapons and don`t care about the ephemeras? (since you mostly can`t see it) there needs to be something you can receive that will be worth the time even if you got all the weapons. Here are some ideas of some rewards;

·       More weapons. (new weapons)

·       7,000 kuva.

·       If the lich is wearing a syandana, you will also get it as well. (this also can be seen on the larvling) It will come in a form of a blueprint so you have the option it you want it or not

·       200 void traces.

Convert

I don`t think this is a big deal for the fact that there is no difference between them and a spectre besides looks, their need to have something that separates them from a spectre something unique, a reason for you to want to convert them. Here are some ideas of what they should do and what perks you can get if you decide to convert them.

·       It will stay in the mission until the mission is complete.

·       If they are wearing part of an armour set or a sigil, they offer it to you as a reward. (rare)

·       They will give you 500 void traces.

·       5 riven slivers.

·       You will receive two refined requiem relics.

·       When accompanying you in missions they should give you a buff, here are some examples;

-        You receive an extra 30% strength, duration or range on abilities.

-        20% running speed.

-        Infinite ammo.

-        Immunity to knockdowns.

-        40% damage reduction.

-        50 (over) shields on enemy kills.

-        Fire damage on weapons and abilities.

-        X2 resource and affinity booster. If they decide for them to join you in a kuva fissure or a normal fissure mission, you will get this automatically.

·       The lich will give you two buffs.

·       They have the ability to instantly revive you once.

·       If a lich is after you, you allied lich will have a 20% chance of revealing to you what requiem mod you need to defeat the lich by telling you.

·       You have the option for them to stay in one spot or to follow you.

·       In the codex, give a toggle option of them appearing in missions.

·       Fix – The converted lich`s attacks can harm you in missions.

Weapons

Spoiler

·       Depending on what planets you go to will determine what weapons you have a chance of getting.  (brakk, drakgoon, stubba found on Uranus ogris, karak, kohm found on Earth)

·       Each time your lich levels up, all weapons stats will increase by +2 points. (-1 for reload)

·       You can go beyond level 5 if you add a special mod on the parazon that makes it to where you cannot kill the lich and it will continue to level up by difficulty and the weapon bonus will scale.

·       Have the option to change the name of the weapon.

Expansion to the lich system

Spoiler

After defeating 3 liches, you will receive a message from the main boss. In any of the locations where the boss has influence, you will have to seek out three thralls for the coordinates to the location of its ship which you will have to use your railjack to reach him.

First you will have to defeat the enemy fleet (30 enemies) attacking you then when you board the bosses ship the mission will either be an exterminate, sabotage or spy. In these missions, you will also have to search for thralls (using the codex scanner) to figure out the combination to defeat the boss, there is also an option to free some prisoners that will fight for you. In the sabotage mission, you have to destroying the ship by finding its power source while spy missions are you stealing information on the boss’s weaknesses to exploit. 

If you fail to defeat the main boss, it will level up increasing the difficulty in which he will start a self-destruct sequence in where you have to escape however if you defeat it you will receive;

·       30,000 kuva.

·       1,000 void traces.

·       One of each refined requiem relics.

·       A unique weapon he is using.

·       5 forma.

·       10 riven slivers.

New unique rewards – Para forma and Kuva forma

When equipping the para forma on a weapon, it gives you the ability to have more mod space without having to level up whatever you put it on.

The kuva forma gives you increased mod space with the bonus of enhancing your kuva weapon, increasing the weapon`s damage stats by 7%. They can be done up to three times to maximise its stats.

One thing I would like to see is a corpus and an infested version. For the infested version it could relate to the infested from the nightwave series or the maconans (glast gambit quest) and similar to the stalker`s acolytes with weapons corrupted by the infested.

Lich System: Kuva, Corpus, Infested weapons

Spoiler

Their are also some weapons I would like to see from each faction.

Here are some I would like to see;

Grinner

Kuva Argonak

·       Increase fire rate.

·       Increase damage.

·       Decrease reload speed to 2.0

·       Unique feature – primary fire is silent.

Kuva Amphis

·       Increase magazine.

·       Increase damage.

·       Decrease reload speed.

·       Increase critical chance.

·       Increase critical multiplier.

·       Increase accuracy.

New: Claws

·       One (or two) bladed Claw weapon that increase finisher damage and increased finisher speed my 30%.

Corpus

Duel Cycron

·       Increase damage.

·       Unique feature –

Duel Plinx

·       Increase damage.

·       Increase accuracy.

Arca Plasmor

New: Claw boots

·       Unique – bladed foot weapon where equipping it will make you skate on the ground with charge attacks that make you spin around using your hands to support yourself.

·       An amalgam of a rifle and a sniper, the secondary fire goes into sniper. mode.

Infested

·       Dual Toxocyst - increased fire rate and reload speed

·       Phage

·       Proboscis Cernos

·       Embolist

·       Caustacyst

New: 

·       An amalgam melee weapon mutates from a sword to dual swords by equipping a sword or dual sword stance mod.

·       Infested tonfas

·       Semi-auto secondaries

·       An infested sword where it the user is affected by a status proc it will apply it to its attacks.

If these ideas were to be implemented, I feel that it will drastically improve this game mode for the better.

• 2 weeks later...

The most important thing liches need, is incentive and making them more satisfying to pursue. 

I think this can easily be done, and I've said this since day 1:

•  Just like they steal resources from you, you steal resources from them whenever you defeat them (They run away), this physically drops a random number between 3-6 different random rolls of drops possible on the node you're on.  Credits, endo, possible mods, kuva, and planetary resources.  
  •  When you finally beat the lich, they should physically drop all the items they had stolen from you on death.   This may or may not be multiplied based on the lich's level.

Reason A) This ties the otherwise dumb and unwarranted stolen resource system into something given purpose and instead of just being a negative downer on the player, it becomes a positive experience.

Reason B) Physical drops mean that people are now more interested in farming liches in squads instead of off on their own, and people are drawn to the nodes to increase lich encounters via other player's liches, to share in the experience of collecting the lich drops. 

This would boost the population of lich nodes, player satisfaction, and cohesiveness of game mechanics. 

On 2021-04-16 at 5:58 AM, Kingsmount said:

The most important thing liches need, is incentive and making them more satisfying to pursue. 

I agree, their needs to be a incentive for ppl to keep playing. What do you think of some of my ideas for the lich system?

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-04-19 at 8:19 AM, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

I agree, their needs to be a incentive for ppl to keep playing. What do you think of some of my ideas for the lich system?

That or make them so annoying, such as increased taken resources up to say 90% at rank 5, to make players have to do something about them. They are personalized enemies and feel as if they barely do anything but 'Oh look, I took something' and it's barely anything, even at rank 5.

But they do have to have some greater incentive other than exclusive Kuva/corpus weapons and making them part of your railjack crew is barely enough to do one.

Archived