Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What am I missing with Polearm stances?

TheSixOfDiamonds

Question

So the horizontal slash in Lethal Gust (Bleeding Willow), Slashing Wind (Shimmering Blight), and the first slash in Spiraling Pinnacle (Twirling Spire) have something I cannot describe sufficiently and really want to figure out.

What it feels like is that there's a forced pause or some timing window I miss (running all at 1.55 speed, since it feels the most fluid). I can have several successive combos and then just seemingly out of nowhere I'm mysteriously off cadence. I'll just be doing that opening slash instead of rest of the combo, and it's really starting to get to me since I love Polearm weapons. A clanmate of mine has also noticed it, and we use different input methods (he uses M&K for everything, I use controller for melee only runs). I'm also not running Berserker, so there's no timer to run out, just Primed Fury.

Am I missing something, or do Polearm stances have some weird baked-in pause? Does anyone know where in the animation I might be missing my input window or something?

2 answers to this question

So, which attack type(s) are the attacks you are asking about (neutral, forward, neutral block, forward block), and what part of that attack is failing and going into a different combo?

Some combos in various stances have at least one attack with a very short input window after it, so that might be what you are experiencing. These short windows are made even shorter with attack speed, so too much attack speed can make some stance combos impossible.

But without more specifics, I can't really elucidate on what you are asking.

30 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

o, which attack type(s) are the attacks you are asking about (neutral, forward, neutral block, forward block)

It's different for each:

Twirling Spire's is the forward

The other two use the same moveset/animations but for one it's the neutral and the other it's the forward.

30 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

what part of that attack is failing

The first horizontal slash, as I said.

40 minutes ago, TheSixOfDiamonds said:

the horizontal slash

32 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

going into a different combo?

That's just it, it's not going into a different combo, the combo is just stopping. It wouldn't bug me if I ran into it in any other weaponset, but I don't (or don't remember, at least)

Archived