Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Void Storm missions worth doing

(XBOX)KayAitch

I can run a regular Void Capture or Rescue mission and crack a relic in 2-3 mins. A Void Survival or Exterminate in 5.

Or I could take my Railjack and go do a complex multi-part mission with bonus objectives that takes 10-15 mins (and is awesome the first time you play it) and also crack 1 relic.

It's just going to leave the Void Storm missions a dead content island as we all go back to cracking relics the quick way.

The fix would be:

- Queue up to 5 relics before starting a Void Storm mission.

- Now in mission your Void Trace meter goes up to 50.

- You crack 1 relic for each 10 traces up to 50

- Note that there are around 10ish traces dropped in each objective, so most missions will give 20-30

- At the end screen you get to pick one relic from each tier, so 1 from everyone's 1st, 1 from everyone's 2nd, etc. If you're the only player that got to 50 you won't have a choice for your 5th relic.

This makes Void Storms more like Survival for relic cracking - you can crack more as you hang about longer, but overall you're not really going to be opening them any quicker, or getting wider selections to cherry pick from.

No relic inflation (which DE are worried about) and a reason to play Void Storms! 😃

1 hour ago, Steeldragonz said:

The issue here is while the time to reward ratio is bad. Some can and do solo RJ missions much faster then others. Personally I consider a RJ mission taking more then 8 minutes slow. But that's just my style of play and how I built my RJ. 

I'm X1 so only just got the new Corpus RJ missions, but they seem very dependent on what the objectives you get are. Lots of mobile defenceish objectives. Sometimes you get unlucky and have to traverse a lot of level to get to the objective. They're certainly not as quick as Gian Point used to be with the maxed out previous meta.

However, even at 8-10 mins that's 3-4 times slower than Void Capture. I could play 2 rounds of Survival and crack 2 relics in about the same time.

Archived