Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why?

Llyssa

So, gradivus dilemna was a cool idea full of potential.

However, it leaves a lot to be desired.

There wasn't even the illusion of it being fair or a real choice(why even pretend to offer the Detron?)

It ends up making most of the player base unhappy.

If you supported the corpus, you never had a chance. Sorry.

If you supported the grineer, it's a meaningless farce.

The only people who are pleased with the results are the ones completely oblivious. For an event planned to steep us in lore, that's rather counter-intuitive.

Rather disappointing.

It would've been nice to at least have an illusion of fairness.

It was said that the event would be amazing and operatic and that both sides still had tricks up their sleeves.

Unless the event is going to keep going after the pre-stated conclusion(oddly, it's not over yet?), the only "dramatic" part was the hack.

The rewards are nice, thanks for that, but, overall... it's a bit of a let down.

It ends up making most of the player base unhappy.

1,000,000+ credits

5+ potatoes

A clan tech weapon + resources for it

Most of Vauban

2 new unique weapons, 1 guaranteed with a slot and catalyst

"Most players are unhappy"

Unhappy players can go kick rocks if they didn't think this was the most lavish event to date.

Edited by Archistopheles

I don't really agree. The event was pretty awesome, it gave choices with real consiquences. Although a bit grndy it was well executed (accept the corpus suporter hacking 4 missions). May be a bit disappointing for these of the players that wantet the corpus gear BUT they not only get free weapons but also the event provided at lest 3 catalysts so you can use theyr full potential. Also reactors rare resourses, forma, and huge loads of credits.

Yes maybe the event was not brilliant, but still pretty good.

1,000,000+ credits

5+ potatoes

Most of Vauban

Unhappy players can go kick rocks if they didn't think this was the most lavish event to date.

This.

Also I liked the lore. And yes serious not sarcastic

1,000,000+ credits

5+ potatoes

Most of Vauban

DE can't make everyone in this game happy.

Sarcasm? or are you being serious?

This event has left me with more questions rather then answers.

Yeah it did leave a lot of questions, and you know what that means? That means progress, more is coming it keeps you open minded to what could happen next. This was a huge benefit to players who needed more resources and/or info on the enemies background. This was something that was entirely new and thing they did a good job. This event deserves a strong two thumbs up.

Yeah it did leave a lot of questions, and you know what that means? That means progress, more is coming it keeps you open minded to what could happen next. This was a huge benefit to players who needed more resources and/or info on the enemies background. This was something that was entirely new and thing they did a good job. This event deserves a strong two thumbs up.

Thats fine and dandy but if you fail to answer existing questions, all you do is create confusion. Confusion makes people angry and hostile. Which is something we are seeing rampant all over the forums cause of this.

IMO the people complaining that corpus never had a chance are being ignorant. Think about this if the rewards favored corpus from the start there would be no competition to begin with. None of the node would have switched hands and I don't think vast majority of the player base would have given two $*@('s about the even as a whole after the first day.

edit:

Yeah I sided with grineer but that was before the rewards were even announced. I'm a bad example but my support for grineer was solely to widen the gap between my corpus kills and infested. >_>

Edited by lostinrehab

I don't really agree. The event was pretty awesome, it gave choices with real consiquences. Although a bit grndy it was well executed (accept the corpus suporter hacking 4 missions). May be a bit disappointing for these of the players that wantet the corpus gear BUT they not only get free weapons but also the event provided at lest 3 catalysts so you can use theyr full potential. Also reactors rare resourses, forma, and huge loads of credits.

Yes maybe the event was not brilliant, but still pretty good.

The loot's definitely a nice bonus, sure. However... As a Grineer supporter, I'm actually disappointed in the end result myself. I've said all this elsewhere, could just be me, but I'd rather lose on an even playing field rather than win on a rigged one. I prefer to earn my victories.

The biggest issue is that the War was pretty obviously scripted via the battle pay rewards (which DE admitted to); e.g. they didn't have plans for a successful (or atleast spirited and prolonged) defense of the first nodes such as Gradivus, and as the saying goes, fail to plan... which ultimately blew up in their faces when they failed to account for the momentum the Grineer gained on the first day (particularly if you were clanned and already sank the runs into the Grineer while gunning for a one-time statue). It's pretty obvious the plan was a "Corpus rally" narrative when the rewards started favoring them, with a balancing out at the end... but that Corpus comeback just never really materialized outside of where they offered taters - everything else was largely too little, too late.

Edited by Taranis49

Sarcasm? or are you being serious?

This event has left me with more questions rather then answers.

Serious.

I learned more about the Corpus from looking around at the areas in which they were being attacked, the Grineer from their boarding tube, the Tenno from their role in this event, etc. If you want, I could explain what I've learned, but that'd take forever.

DE basically pelted us with awesome rewards. Seriously, if I could make this kind of wealth every mission, I'd be totally set. And a new weapon every 100 runs? F*** yeah. But no, it was an event. I felt showered with gifts, I didn't even look at the alerts all week.