Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Gradivus Dilemma Has Ended, Tenno

The_Lotus

Enjoyed the event, DE! Keep these events going. They're what's bringing me back to the game and keeping things fresh.

I'd like to see the invasion map type stick around, but with more map variety. 100 runs on the same map got pretty old. Also, that forcefield mid-map was a great addition. We really need to see more gameflow-altering pieces like that in all the map types. How about letting the baddies turn them on/off like they do the alarm systems? Retractable bridges?

My my, it seems that some people here get amused really easily. In my opinion this event as been pointless, useless, boring, unoriginal and repetitive. Of course instead of working it inside the campaing, instead they put this 5 day event content they worked so hard and then BAM they remove it off the game...I say useless...Oh wait, worked hard? naah all they did waas some new layer map that they removed and they made all of the mission extermination type OVER, OVER and OVER again... Basically this event was '' go through the same extermination mission you've been doing all over before''...

Conglaturation!!!

You have completed a great event.

And prooved the justice of our culture

Now go and rest our ninja's!

NO, All your base are belong to us. - Sargas Ruk

LOL. Seriously though, those rewards are taking some time. I know DE has a ton of stuff to give out, and they do commit, but they have had more than a week's preparation for this event. Just saying it's another event fiasco with the hacker, too much grind, too long a war, and late rewards. IMO, updates are welcome on Wednesdays, but events should still remain on weekends just for the sake of making sure everything's smooth sailing.

The Grineer weapon should be redesigned so it actually looks like something someone would use. Seriously, both weapons have the worst grips possible, but the Grineer weapon looking like someone took inspiration from crap dropping into water needs to be scrapped. I would rather have an invisible model than that Grineer weapon.

Sometimes, when people tell you a design is poop, it really is poop.

NO, All your base are belong to us. - Sargas Ruk

LOL. Seriously though, those rewards are taking some time. I know DE has a ton of stuff to give out, and they do commit, but they have had more than a week's preparation for this event. Just saying it's another event fiasco with the hacker, too much grind, too long a war, and late rewards. IMO, updates are welcome on Wednesdays, but events should still remain on weekends just for the sake of making sure everything's smooth sailing.

i take it u got the reference? xD

If I stop playing the game, as many other will if they continue to pull out this unoriginal content, there will be no one left to play with. Is that what you want?

Genius...

Well there is all ways new people and some people play for the game not the scenery; plus if its because of unoriginal content that is just lame, plenty of games have only a certain set of maps, even if you add more, and plenty of people still play the game over and over again. So.... you might wan to re think that logic.

My my, it seems that some people here get amused really easily. In my opinion this event as been pointless, useless, boring, unoriginal and repetitive. Of course instead of working it inside the campaing, instead they put this 5 day event content they worked so hard and then BAM they remove it off the game...I say useless...Oh wait, worked hard? naah all they did waas some new layer map that they removed and they made all of the mission extermination type OVER, OVER and OVER again... Basically this event was '' go through the same extermination mission you've been doing all over before''...

It also seems that some people are really pessimistic. There are people who enjoyed the event. What I find interesting, is the content of your post afterwards and all the irony in it. "Basically, this event was "go through the same extermination mission you've been doing all over before"" What's ironic about this post, is that the people who claim this event is the same boring old "cr@p", praise events in other games that are just the same old "cr@p" that's already available. You give me the impression that you're that type of person.

The fact is, any and all events have already been done thousands of times in every MMO imaginable. "Unique" and "Fresh" are merely phrases used to deceive the mind into accepting what they have already been doing as new in some bizarre way. Bizarre events that seem to stick out are merely just the same old thing with different patterned wrappings. Killing or collecting. That's what all events boil down to.

Rather, what's impressive, is that DE is able to give us event after event, to give veterans something to return to. A goal to accomplish in the wake of total and utter boredom. I've never played any MMO that had the ability to host this many events in such a short interval, so in that regard, DE deserves praise, not pointless pessimism.

What would happen if DE released an event that you truly enjoyed with all your might, and someone else claimed that "it's the same boring old cr@p"? You would no doubt rigorously defend it just like people are doing now. 

i am still yet to get my stuff i did 107 grineer missions and they won right? so i was just wondering when i get my rewards

My friend haven't you heard?

the rewards will be our Christmas present after they send out the game for ps4 and remember that we earned rewards.

I actually rather enjoyed the event, and got a lot of nice loot out of it. I also like that the nature of the event forced us to make a hard choice about who to support. I know a lot of people saw it as black and white, "gotta save our fellow Tenno at any cost", but when you think about what we were potentially enabling in the process the choice becomes a lot more grey. If you'll indulge a little "in-character" talk...

We fight the Corpus daily, and their violent disregard for the sacredness of Orokin tecnology -- even at the expense of the lives of the Tenno -- gives us a lot of reason to hate them. But remember that the military arm of a society is not the entire picture, and thousands of innocent civilian lives would have been outright sacrificed to the Grineer butchers in return for a handful of our sleeping brothers and sisters.

Even knowing this, I still fought to reclaim them, but the gravity of that decision did not pass me by. Instead, I weighed the price of the present against a possible future. The Grineer and the Corpus are many, and the Tenno are few -- what fate lies in store for the solar system if we are all but wiped out? Every Tenno life is unspeakably important, and the ravaging of a half-dozen colonies would be like child's play compared to what the Grineer would accomplish with no one to check their efforts.

If I stop playing the game, as many other will if they continue to pull out this unoriginal content, there will be no one left to play with. Is that what you want?

Genius...

Has it ever occured to you that we really dont care what you do and that youre opinion doesn't belong to everybody?

personally i feel that the event carried on for a bit to long! 100 rounds to receive the tier three rewards with only exterminate missions was tiresome and frustrating.

however this doesn't mean they shouldn't do similar things in the future, just as long as their is more diversity in missions and possibly a decrease in the amount of missions you need to do. 

There are many stages to this event that I find personally illogical within the story of the current game.  So much so that I don't think it was worth it to even have the event itself.  The first notable part to this event is the fact that we're choosing sides.  It would make sense if we were really Ninja, and that these two houses are hiring us to assassinate the other's army.  Although the one flaw with this problem, the Corpus are depicted as space pirates that rule on money and riches.  Their only language has a dollar sign per se, within that logic you would think the Grineer would just pay them for their support.

The next illogical point to this war. The Grineer are a conquest war faction, and the Corpus are a scavenger and riches faction.  Yet when they present rewards, the Corpus are cheep and worthless, where as the Grineer are rich and luxurious.  In a sense of a "logical" story, the Grineer have no business with feldrons, nor do they have so many mutagen masses where the corpus only have feldrons.  I think that this event was meant to spite the community, maybe as a test to the community.

I remember the progression quite well. The non stop credits that ultimately once you finish the planet you get an additional 1/3 of what you've earned.  Not bad, but some people gained the time they farmed in platinum. (I.e Mutagen, Feldron, Detonate) Getting them without having to rush them, saving themselves 72 hours for every 3 rewarded.  Not to mention, giving away things that only come from post livestream or login rewards. The Reactor and Catalyst, no wonder people chose Grineer first.  By the the corpus got something slightly more appealing, 100k credits vs morphics. We won our first planet, the next time a Catalyst bp over a Reactor bp.  After one of the next few items for the Grineer showed up as a Feldron, we will forever see a pattern.  Instead of the Corpus's ultimate hope that it would eventually switch back on the Grineer.  Instead it just become all balanced and those that chose the Grineer could stay with them forever.  As I forgot to mention, I think that after complaints on the feldrons they decided to swarm us with 14 Feldrons, which I'm not sure what to use them for unless the Corpus plan to give us a new energy weapon.

The logic with the progression would have made sense if this was intended not toward the story but toward actual gameplay progression.  Giving away mutagen masses because the most recently added items in the game require them, giving away detonate ampules because they are probably the upcoming items in the game.  Although giving away feldrons doesn't make much sense because they are very old tech, which unless there is a plan to expand the energy lab yet again, I don't see the point.  I now have 14 feldrons that I will likely never use.  Yet corpus was appealing to those that had items but needed credits for modding or transmute.  Those that ultimately chose, because they were at the pinnacle of the game will eventually lose because they are given something that doesn't help them in any way.

A way that could have helped, once one person reaches a certain point, 5 missions complete for a faction they earn a badge. At this point they can equip it to the frame they are using.  Only after that would it count toward their faction.  It was not fair to allow flip flopping sides toward the better reward. I also debate what the logic is with our part in this war at all.  If by one side winning means that we can go and recover the tenno?  At least that seems to be what has been said, that doesn't make sense.

As far as I know, the Grineer wanted the tenno for themselves, as well as the Corpus did. I don't think helping any one side would have given them back to us.  Although I know for a fact helping the tyrannical slave leaders of the solar system was not a good start.  I compared this war to an outside induced civil war between Tenno.  Where as we're forced to chose the side of the slave masters or the side wishing to free us from slavery.  Although to that logic, whom is enslaved?  The Tenno that don't work for Lotus perhaps?  It was never quite clear who owns the solar system, and who the Grineer are trying to conquer.

Either way if you think about it in that sense, the confederates offered up many rewards from the start. The rich planet owners had many riches to spare to force their Tenno slaves into this war.  Mindless sheep to the slaughter.  On the other side, the Corpus didn't ask much.  They gave a reasonable sum to start.  Nothing over the top of extravagant, for those to choose to fight for their cause.  Their cause being ultimately our own cause.  I don't understand why Alad V was outside Sedna and yet the war happened in Mars. Why such a heavily owned Corpus area being taken over by tyrannical slave masters were so easily captured I will never know, but I'm sure it doesn't make much sense unless the point of this story was to side with the slave kings so that we ourselves are servants to the Grineer.

Lastly I would like to make a point about the rewards.  For a week event, 100 as the top tier reward is much too low. Even the lazy people in our #1 overall Ghost clan had 200.  While our top 4 all had close to or over 800, I think that Alad V should still reward us with a weapon.  Do you really think we would take anything from the Grineer after this loss?  We spent countless hours farming away trying to hold back our kind from slavery only to come up short and be rewarded with the enemy's gun and melee weapon.  That's just sickening. I would rather get all blueprints for corpus tech than ever have to use a Grineer weapon.

Anyways, I'm still half asleep waiting for our week long event taking an extra 8 hours to finish, because for every day we farmed it takes an hour for DE to work out the rewards.  I hope that we can battle for the Corpus in the future.  I will forever support them.  If anything this event told me one thing that I already knew, I hate the Grineer.

Thanks for reading otherwise TLDR.

I actually rather enjoyed the event, and got a lot of nice loot out of it. I also like that the nature of the event forced us to make a hard choice about who to support. I know a lot of people saw it as black and white, "gotta save our fellow Tenno at any cost", but when you think about what we were potentially enabling in the process the choice becomes a lot more grey. If you'll indulge a little "in-character" talk...

We fight the Corpus daily, and their violent disregard for the sacredness of Orokin tecnology -- even at the expense of the lives of the Tenno -- gives us a lot of reason to hate them. But remember that the military arm of a society is not the entire picture, and thousands of innocent civilian lives would have been outright sacrificed to the Grineer butchers in return for a handful of our sleeping brothers and sisters.

Even knowing this, I still fought to reclaim them, but the gravity of that decision did not pass me by. Instead, I weighed the price of the present against a possible future. The Grineer and the Corpus are many, and the Tenno are few -- what fate lies in store for the solar system if we are all but wiped out? Every Tenno life is unspeakably important, and the ravaging of a half-dozen colonies would be like child's play compared to what the Grineer would accomplish with no one to check their efforts.

Agreed, in that sense it was a tough decision, but you are right; if we didn't save our brethren then there would really be no one left to keep them in check, so even more would die. But given the situation I sincerely hope that they are worth it.

I feel sorry for the fallen Corpus in this war.

They are traders and merchants, while Grineer are endless hordes of highly trained clones. They can easily replace the lost men.

A majority of us chose to side with the stronger men.

I hope those who supported the Grineer won't regret this in the future.

- Anonymous Corpus Sympathizer

You just like Alad V, "Agni". JK!