Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excessively Repeating Rivens

(PSN)Xzelian

I'm writing this as I think somewhere along the line there is a call object error that is preventing objects from properly refreshing.

Out of the last 10 rivens I have unveiled four of them have been atomos and two marelock.

Given the ridiculous number of variable weapon possibilities, the likely hood of this is almost impossible.

Please note that I have varied frames, equipped weapons, and many were different challenges from one another.

In addition, I believe this ties to an associated bug in which I had done roughly 100 Railjack missions without receiving Sevagoth systems (exceeding the official tables +/- ratio of "nearly guaranteed.")

I am on PS5 and have attempted clearing cache as well as rebuilding database with no positive results.

I have a long running post in which I have been tracking smeeta procs which exceed normal timing for affinity by absurd numbers.

While initially I felt these issues were independent, I now think it could all trace back to the same root issue, possibly a bad object call as mentioned above, or a general memory leak.

What's worse is that players who luck into this scenario are able to exploit it severely should they tap into unveiling a high plat repeatable riven.

(and yes I believe I have that opportunity now with a different weapon type but am not exploiting it.)

I have found closing the game after unveiling no longer works and the instance needs to be repeated. I think the root of the bad call may stem from segmented instances in which railjack missions could have unintentional overlapping object models.  Since a bug fix previously applied in which "railjack instances launched from orbiters caused a crash" was implemented, I have found stability and cross instance loading issues when launching from the dojo.  I firmly believe it's all connected.

The simplest solution I believe would be to create a single instance test server to isolate possible overlaps more readily, which after the new mod migration I honestly think is the next stability step anyway.

I hope I've pointed you in the right direction to address this .

Isn't it more likely that you just have damn good luck? and that a bunch of unrelated glitches are really just unrelated glitches?

You don't see everyone else experiencing a string of repeated rivens in a row.

While the probability of such a thing happening is low, in a big enough sample of players it will eventually happen to someone; you just happen to be that someone.

naturally when the sample observed is just yourself, there's going to be confirmation bias

3 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Isn't it more likely that you just have damn good luck? and that a bunch of unrelated glitches are really just unrelated glitches?

You don't see everyone else experiencing a string of repeated rivens in a row.

While the probability of such a thing happening is low, in a big enough sample of players it will eventually happen to someone; you just happen to be that someone.

naturally when the sample observed is just yourself, there's going to be confirmation bias

No.

You didn't actually read my post, rather replied assuming that I must be new given my limited posts.

This is because I would rather play a game than talk about it and with over 4000 game hours I can assure you I'm not "new"

Firstly let me start by saying that getting the same riven or set over and over in series of repeating patterns is not "good luck", especially if I'm trying to get something different.

Having my smeeta proc everything BUT affinity for an hour and a half while I wait looking at steel essence on the ground is not "good luck."

To the point, having these events happen more than three times period( but in my case we're talking 5-7 times per day or more) is not bad luck either. It is by all accounts so statistically impossible that that it is proof of an issue.

Second, if it is only happening to me (which it isn't and I have confirmed this to be the case as I've brought others in to increase my data pool) then it would as I initially believed need to be an account bug, (or penalty) but now not so.

Third.  Your opinion on the matter as a non-shared experience challenge is detrimental to the solving of what I believe is a serious issue.  Further the only insight that you offer is that you don't acknowledge it happening to you.  It also doesn't mean it isn't and you are a practitioner of the blind rng religion.  I believe this to be the case.

My message was not for you.  It is for the developers. It is a bug report and not posted for public scrutiny or debate, although I will happily talk directly with developers should they request.  I appreciate that you may not agree, and that changes nothing.  You are entitled to your opinion, but not always to share it without causing damage.

I find the attempt to discredit people attempting to file bug reports over discerning opinion rather than fact utterly abusive. 

Any further attempts will be reported as such, especially as you didn't bother to clearly read my op.

In what universe would you consider getting 4 atomos, 2 Lato, 2 marelok out of 12 rivens "good luck?"

With the hundreds of potential secondaries on the table, it is as I mentioned before, statistically impossible, and not just the first, second or even third time this issue has surfaced.

Please stay out of the way so I can actually try to do some good here.

Well, glad I could contribute as a data point. There you go: 1 example of it Not happening. Useful information to see how prevalent it is. be sure to add me to the totals, after all if all you do is record the positives and not negatives, you can't get an accurate picture of how often it happens. (confirm bias).

My last 4 rivens were archgun rivens direct purchased from the Arbitration store: I got Dual Decurion, Grattler, Imperator, and Kuva Ayanga. in that order. over a period of about a week. I don't have the specifics of stats, since they've been transmuted since.

Interesting of note is the challenges to unveil were similar: I recall 2 instances of "kill X enemies with out getting status affected", 1 was "kill vrush turrets without being downed", and another was "kill X enemies without getting a Magnetic debuff"

the fact that 3 challenges appear to be variants of the same one May Be Significant to your study. They didn't unveil as the same weapon as yours did, so it may not be as severe an issue, but its worth noting.

Hope that's useful info in detecting any Pattern Abnormalities.

10 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Well, glad I could contribute as a data point. There you go: 1 example of it Not happening. Useful information to see how prevalent it is. be sure to add me to the totals, after all if all you do is record the positives and not negatives, you can't get an accurate picture of how often it happens. (confirm bias).

My last 4 rivens were archgun rivens direct purchased from the Arbitration store: I got Dual Decurion, Grattler, Imperator, and Kuva Ayanga. in that order. over a period of about a week. I don't have the specifics of stats, since they've been transmuted since.

Interesting of note is the challenges to unveil were similar: I recall 2 instances of "kill X enemies with out getting status affected", 1 was "kill vrush turrets without being downed", and another was "kill X enemies without getting a Magnetic debuff"

the fact that 3 challenges appear to be variants of the same one May Be Significant to your study. They didn't unveil as the same weapon as yours did, so it may not be as severe an issue, but its worth noting.

Hope that's useful info in detecting any Pattern Abnormalities.

Thank you for being data minded and contributing.

There is one thing you have misunderstood which is that I record both positive and negative results, when available: however I usually see more negatives, as when I get a riven I actually want I move on. This is absolutely nonobjective and I really need to look at this more closely.

More often I will agree that I tend to notice more personally when the results are negative, but for entirely different reason as I usually don't push those repeating positives to not exploit.

I'll need to account for that and in fairness it's anomalies I'm recording and wont get a true accurate count unless I record good repeats with the bad (although In did have one instance of 3 consecutive Rubicos.)

But here's the thing.  It's anomalies not "averages."

Please note that your arch gun analogy falls right in line with my theory, as they would be a different object base being both railjack, open world, and mission oriented.

The gist hasn't changed though.  These repeating items are far out of the normal statistical realm of a real world rng scenario.

It is happening to many, not just me and regardless it should be addressed, or at the very least looked into.

I have partially paralyzed hands and typing is absurdly pain full.  I have more to say but need to take a break...

To be continued...

Archived