Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steelpath Volt Build

(PSN)Senjioh

On 2021-05-11 at 4:57 PM, (PSN)Senjioh said:

So its been a few years since I used Volt for anything and I want to update his build for steel path and arbitrations, my initial idea was Aura CP beacuse armor strip followed by Umbra Vitality and Fiber, stretch, overextended, capacitance, streamline, adaptation, prime continuity, with prime sure footed. Arcanes would be energize and guardian, I dont have the standing for the helmith system yet so this build is just for Volts base kit so please keep that in mind when you suggest changes that I have no subsume abilities yet.  Any suggestions are welcome but please no meme stuff I want to try and make a genuine good Volt build for this I already know he can hunt Eidolons. 

Volt is my most used and what is misunderstood about him is that he is a weapon augmentation frame that DESTROYS in normal modes must be protected via shields and patience in this scenario.

His “1” is a one-handed action stun allowing for reload that doesn’t really work in Steel Path; replace with a Helminth Ability or Damage Augment.  Growing Power Aura can boost Damage Augment mods tremendously.

His “2” is a nice speed boost but really shines for attack speed and reload boost.

His shield “3” has many versions, but Crit Boost and Damage are valued here.

His “4” is a lockdown.  It’s damage is useless and is actually counterproductive against non-armor targets who soak it quicker.

The Capacitance Augment is ok for Overshields.

In one sense Newer Warframe made him stronger as weapons have gotten stronger.  But this means you need big boy weapons with forma.

He is very vulnerable to Steel Path Hordes when you try and keep pace with the rest of your squad.

Riot shield/shield will offer SOME protection.

2 basic strategies:

1.  Duration/Range lockdown build:  Discharge damage is mitigated by armor (even with the rework improving damage to nearby targets) for 8 seconds of stun.

Shock Trooper Augment for Electricity Damage or Helminth Smite via Oberon for Radiation Damage.

Throw  up shields for crit/electricity damage boost and protection and kill at range.

2.  Power Strength Heavy Melee/Heavy attack builds partially supported by the above strategy.

Involves more risk, but with his passive, his “1” Shock Trooper Augment, and Crit Builds with weapons like Pennant and Paracesis, you can do tremendous amounts of scaling damage.

CO builds will work in some cases.

GL

Archived