Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An idea to make relics feel less random.

Derpberus

So I'm going to get right into the point, as the system currently is, it feels very unsatisfying to do relic runs. While it is possible you get the item you want quickly, it's also very likely that you spend hours grinding for one part only to get nothing of use out of it. The way it currently is feels too random to be fun.

As a suggestion, maybe a system that allows you to mark an item you want would be good. Essentially, you pick an item from a relic that you want to get and every time you open that relic and don't get the one you want, your odds are increased for the next run. This stacks until eventually, you're more likely to get that item than the other items in the relic. This would mean that even if you get the wrong item, you still feel like you're actually making some progress towards getting it instead of feeling like you're stuck waiting for a dice roll to land on the right number.

If anyone has any better suggestions, feel free to say.

28 minutes ago, Derpberus said:

This stacks until eventually, you're more likely to get that item than the other items in the relic. This would mean that even if you get the wrong item, you still feel like you're actually making some progress towards getting it instead of feeling like you're stuck waiting for a dice roll to land on the right number.

Not intending to shoot down the idea of improving odds in the slightest, because who wouldn't want to see improving odds. 

But with that said, the game already has a method for you to completely avoid bad luck: trading.  The baza BP was being a real pain for me and I ran a lot of radiant relics trying to get one with no luck.  I told my buddy I needed one knowing he needed some things that I already had.  Boom, he ran one baza relic and got the BP and one trade later we were both happy.

Knowing when to stop beating your head against RNG and when to hit up trade chat is a valuable thing.

Aye that is definitely a fair point. I just feel like it may be good to have a way of making the system itself feel more rewarding. By that I mean that it can feel like you aren't really making any progress at times, so the idea for the fix is more of a way of making relics feel like there's progress being made towards earning a weapon, hopefully that makes sense.

But I do completely agree, trading is definitely a valid way to get around the RNG.

Or just, I don't know...

... making a possibility for a relic to give all rewards in a single mission, depending on how many fissures were closed...? Now that I think of it, perhaps this would fit best in Void Storm missions...

On 2021-05-17 at 12:57 AM, Haushi said:

You can, it's called upgrading the relic using void fissures to increase the odds of getting the blueprint you seek out of that relic.

It's not very good (still heavily RNG-based). I've run ~26 runs with Radiant and I got 0 uncommon/rare stuffs.

On 2021-05-14 at 7:55 PM, (PSN)Agent_CHAR said:

Not intending to shoot down the idea of improving odds in the slightest, because who wouldn't want to see improving odds. 

But with that said, the game already has a method for you to completely avoid bad luck: trading.  The baza BP was being a real pain for me and I ran a lot of radiant relics trying to get one with no luck.  I told my buddy I needed one knowing he needed some things that I already had.  Boom, he ran one baza relic and got the BP and one trade later we were both happy.

Knowing when to stop beating your head against RNG and when to hit up trade chat is a valuable thing.

It's good and bad thing.

I buy uncommon/rare stuff from time to time. Wanting to get rare or even uncommon stuff from while you are playing solo is not nice. Some parts are "relatively" cheap so I don't waste my time.

On other hand some parts are more expensive for some reasons. You still need to earn plat some way. If you want to earn it then it's the same job as with RNG relics. Unless you have some nice items.

Archived