Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do I Play With DirectX 11

Jackdaw581

Question

I'm about 3 months into Warframe and earlier on I was able to run the game pretty smoothly with little to no complications. I bought this laptop at the start of the year and everything is updated. I have lots of RAM, storage space and my processors were handling it perfectly fine without any hiccups. However, after a while and a couple updates the game started crashing on startup and I couldn't figure out what the problem was until I noticed the 'Direct X' tab. I changed it from 'DirectX 11' to 'Direct X 12'. When I did that I was finally able to make it past the startup screen and play the game again. But now load times are radically slower, the game glitches frequently and I crash every now and then, especially after entering an open world. At this point the game isn't really fun anymore, so the question here is has anyone had this happen to them and how do I switch back to the settings I had before? How do I get DirectX 11 to work again?

I submitted a ticket about this issue, but the people at the help desk pretty much just told me they can't help and not to submit anymore tickets, so I guess WF cus. service is a dead end. I'm hoping someone here will know how to help.

1 answer to this question

10 hours ago, Jackdaw581 said:

but the people at the help desk pretty much just told me they can't help and not to submit anymore tickets

Wow that suk. If it's not breaking any rules I'm curious what they exactly said.

Anyway, dx11 is the more stable and generally more recommended at the moment. On launcher (the window where you click huge orange "play" button) just click the settings icon on top right, it will bring up a menu window. Just select dx11 from there.

While you're at it, might want to check the engine you're using as well. "Classic" is more recommended at the moment.

Archived