Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A few complaints about SP Disruption

Berzerkules

There is a well documented bug that stops Acolytes from spawning if you get a transmission while an Acolyte spawns. With as often as Little Duck is speaking it is very easy to bug out Acolyte spawns. Little Duck speaks as you start each round and as you finish it, she also seems to speak at random intervals as you activate a pylon. It would be nice to be able to reliably farm disruption for steel essence without worrying about the mission getting bugged. 

• If we could get this bug fixed or at least shut Little Duck up that would be great. 

When Acolytes aren't bugged they have the exact same marker on mini map as the demos. If you get an acolyte spawn while you're chasing down a demo it isn't hard to make the mistake of heading for the acolyte and not the demo. It wouldn't be a problem if you could hear the demo better but the sound is very quiet and Acolytes like talking when they spawn and it drowns out the beeping demos make. 

• Unique markers for Acolytes would be a super fantastic qol. Maybe give each Acolyte their own unique marker so we could see who we are fighting against. I'm probably asking for too much here but it would be kinda cool.

Spawns are also total trash, even in SP you get enemies spawning in packs of 1-3. Since you are running all over the map spawn locations end up getting pulled everywhere. It takes a minute or so before spawns normalize and soon after that you're on the way to the next pylon or chasing down a demo so spawn locations get pulled again. 

The only way I've found to reliably get around this is spam abort disruption missions looking for pylon spawn rooms that are close together and have an area in between them I can camp. I also try not to kill any enemies on the last pylon and in between rounds so I have a chance at quickly getting a key at the start of each round. This way I get "consistently" get normalized enemy spawns but it's still far from a good solution. I'm actively avoiding killing enemies so I don't screw myself and drag out each round. 

• I'm not entirely sure how to fix this. Moving all pylons into one room would keep consistent spawns but would get boring and campy very quick. If there was some way to just double spawns or have regular enemy spawns in the 2 main rooms you could still travel the map and not have a min of down time each time you move to a new location. It feels like disruption has survival spawn mechanics and it doesn't really work when the mission type requires covering hundreds of meters in any given direction constantly. something more like exterminate spawns would be better so there are always enemies in front of you as you advance through the mission.

I actually really like Disruption missions. There are little mini bosses with cycling buffs/debuffs on every pylon. It's the most engaging mission type imo but it's not perfect and I always default back to SP Mot endurance even though I'd rather run Disruption. If we could get just more enemies I would run disruption all the time. 

p.s. I'm just a lowly Void dwelling peasant with a single humble request. Can we please get a Void disruption mission. We have disruption missions vs. Grineer, Infested and Corpus but none vs. The Corrupted.

One major complaint I have about this mode in general is headphone and surround speaker use are absolutely mandatory. You cannot hear where the demo is coming from if you don’t use headphones or surround speakers. I would rather they instantly mark the demo as soon as it spawns, compensate it with a demo run speed increase.

Just now, DrivaMain said:

One major complaint I have about this mode in general is headphone and surround speaker use are absolutely mandatory. You cannot hear where the demo is coming from if you don’t use headphones or surround speakers. I would rather they instantly mark the demo as soon as it spawns, compensate it with a demo run speed increase.

I always listen to music while I play, the only time I don't is when running disruption.

The demo is so quiet compared to all the other background sounds, I've tried going through audio options but the sound effects slider that raises demo volume also increases every other sound effect. It's no easier to hear since you essentially just increased master volume. 

• 1 month later...

Archived