Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK in the open worlds, an easy solution

(PSN)Amorphous97

So I originally played this game in 2015 and fell away soon after due to school. I started a new account on PlayStation and immediately dove into the open world. Amazing content excluding the spawn rate bugs making kill quests nearly impossible or impossible at times. But with a little over a month in the game again I've realized the biggest problem/irritant is the afk players or ones who go off to mine/fish etc while everyone else is actually doing the missions. It's harder for those people actually contributing since the missions scale with squad members. I noticed a trend of those people usually being a higher mastery rank as well. It's not something that should be acceptable in the community. My suggested solution is the implementation of a proximity based reward system. If you don't finish that part of mission within said proximity you simply don't get that part of the reward. 

10 hours ago, (PSN)Amorphous97 said:

So I originally played this game in 2015 and fell away soon after due to school. I started a new account on PlayStation and immediately dove into the open world. Amazing content excluding the spawn rate bugs making kill quests nearly impossible or impossible at times. But with a little over a month in the game again I've realized the biggest problem/irritant is the afk players or ones who go off to mine/fish etc while everyone else is actually doing the missions. It's harder for those people actually contributing since the missions scale with squad members. I noticed a trend of those people usually being a higher mastery rank as well. It's not something that should be acceptable in the community. My suggested solution is the implementation of a proximity based reward system. If you don't finish that part of mission within said proximity you simply don't get that part of the reward. 

Tried explaining that after the stage is reached there’s a set time limit based on distance from each stage. Once that time is up then it will count the other players as AFK and they won’t get any rewards. I also mentioned that once they step into the proximity they won’t be able to leave it without it counting as AFK. Only certain objectives would allow it. Such as exterminating a large group of enemies or taking out the commander. Those tend to require stepping out of bounds. 

If the objective is completed before the AFK timer is up then it won’t count as AFK. Imagine someone speed rushing through a rescue or capture and completing it within seconds. Not giving others any time to catch up. That’s why I suggest the AFK timer based on distance between the stages. Maybe make the next stage location more predictable if that’s what it takes to implement such coding. Where there is a specific pattern instead of just pure RPG. But it only takes 1 second to sprint with a Frost for 10 meters. If these newbies don’t know how to do that, then it’s too soon for them to be playing such missions. DE shouldn’t nerf the bosses just cause a newbie was carried into the fight that they couldn’t handle. 

I also suggested they bring back the Acolyte Misery as an AFKer assassin. If a player ends up standing still for a certain period, he will appear and hunt them down. Dealing heavy percent damage instead of number damage. So no matter what frame you use, you won’t be able to just tank your way around him. Spawning shadow clones of the other members of the squad. And he will completely eliminate the player. Not just down them. Maybe even leave a life support that becomes guarded by the clones. So if the other players are willing to cut the AFKer some slack, they could simply take out their shadow counterparts and gather the materials to revive the AFKer. 

But I suggested this be implemented ONLY IN PUBLIC GAMES. Cause a fully invited squad is more likely to be coordinated and willing to do favors for others. Like helping a newbie out by completing the objectives while they gather resources. Since RPG farming is a huge factor in this game, and not everybody has the time nor patience. 

Thing is the trolls will use the bathroom excuse every single time when 9/10 that’s not why. I know cause every time they either talked smack, or when I use a frame to force them out of their camping spot, they’ll immediately return. Literally only like 1/10 there was a player who was completely AFK. They had no business joining a mission if they weren’t gonna have the 5 minutes to get through it or the first round. If you have to go to the bathroom then you need to leave on the next stop. After all, DE did make it where you can. Otherwise go to recruit. But these trolls want to act like everybody else should go to recruit to avoid that one person, instead of that one person going to recruit and ask to be carried. Which makes these trolls suspiciously sound like AFKers. Heck, they don’t even be having the decency to let otherwise know that they’ll need to go AFK for a minute. 

So you might want to be prepared for such trolling. I’ve tried breaking everything down step by step but didn’t stop the entitled trolls from bombarding my posts with narrow minded insults. Dudes even argued against making it where when one player reaches Tyl Regor arena, a timer will start that will teleport the other players to the location. Similar to the new Railjack return teleport. Cause some players be either focusing on resources or getting lost in the under water tunnels. Like what logical excuse could one have against that?

Archived