Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

dogdays reward points ?

_Anise_

Dunno if anyone else has noticed this but you only get the tokens to unlock the rewards seems like for personal kills rather than shared across the team,

what's worse is if you shoot someone down to 10% and your "team" member comes along and shoots it, seems like it gives them the point for the "killing blow"

I get team wide points might encourage afking but at the very least players should both be credited for assist kills ?

I also noticed this, Anise.  My friend brought it up in the chat during today's Warframe Community Stream on Twitch, which apparently flew by so fast that [DE]Rebecca didn't seem to notice it... but another person watching did, and they responded that "DE deliberately made it so players are only rewarded for their own kills during Dog Days missions to prevent leeching.

Now, I don't know if what this person stated is actually true, but that doesn't really matter--the bottom line is that:

1. since players are only rewarded for their own kills, and
  2. other players can effectively "steal" kills by scoring the kill shot after you've softened an enemy up,

... this actually discourages playing with other Tenno, as playing solo will almost always be more rewarding since every kill is guaranteed to be your own.

I really wish DE would change this so that everyone on the team is rewarded with Nakak Pearls for the entire team's kills, rather than each player individually.  It would be a far greater incentive to play with others than the way it is now.

In general this shouldn't affect your points, the more effort you display, the more overall kills you'll have on the long term and the less matches you'll need to aquire the rewards compared to other players.

You'll get some easy kills and others will kill your enemies, but the ratio for this will differ depending on your overall effort, it's not a huge issue.

What was an issue was the previous implementation where you got pearls just by entering the game, so 10 games would weild reports on 15 players, so thay had to do something to reduce the number of afk players.

5 hours ago, KIREEK said:

In general this shouldn't affect your points, the more effort you display, the more overall kills you'll have on the long term and the less matches you'll need to aquire the rewards compared to other players.

You'll get some easy kills and others will kill your enemies, but the ratio for this will differ depending on your overall effort, it's not a huge issue.

Shouldn't is the operative word, but that is a far cry different from reality.  The proof is in the pudding, however--after having played this event for the past few years, I have found through experience that I earn FAR more pearls playing solo than I do with a team.  Lag is one major and frustrating issue, causing enemies to "rubber band" and have unpredictable, erratic movement--this gives the host a massive advantage, and more often than not the host will end up with the lion's share of kills.  Add to that other players stealing kills, and it only adds to the level of frustration.

It may not be a huge issue for you, but it is for others (myself included).  I'd rather there be an incentive for playing with others as a team, rather than feeling like playing this event with others is penalizing me.  If they changed scoring to be based on the team's total performance it would alleviate the problems we have discussed above (especially if players were rewarded for assists as well as kill-shots!).  But with the way the rewards are implemented currently, you can earn far more rewards solo than playing with other Tenno.  And that is saddening.

glad someone else noticed !! now you mention the lag issues I have noticed this too and I don't have bad internet, maybe the projectiles are actual projectiles and not particular fast moving or long range ones add to the issue, I only seem to be able to "score" kills in multiplayer are extreme close range which also feels like it leads to the AI being able to kill me more often!

I hadn't considered playing this solo but I think I am going to give it a blast

3 hours ago, (PSN)Knightfyre said:

It may not be a huge issue for you, but it is for others (myself included).  I'd rather there be an incentive for playing with others as a team, rather than feeling like playing this event with others is penalizing me.  If they changed scoring to be based on the team's total performance it would alleviate the problems we have discussed above (especially if players were rewarded for assists as well as kill-shots!).  But with the way the rewards are implemented currently, you can earn far more rewards solo than playing with other Tenno.  And that is saddening.

Prone to afk gameplay, the teams performance would overall drop, reports would increase and warned players would skyrocket

Archived