Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Test 28 AI Malfunction is displeasing.

Lancars

So i had decided to finally start doing my mastery test. Most of them have been okay. I practice them before hand to know what i am doing.

Today i attempted the Mastery rank 28. I am displeased with the results and i have filed a support ticket for this matter.

In the test you have to grab canisters that are quickly decaying and throw them at the enemies to make them vulnerable. The enemies include Infest and Grineer. The Grineer units are there to make the infested group up better to throw the canister at them. And since most of the infested chargers are Leech types you do not possess any energy. Another issue is when i tried Vauban's Vortex and i would throw the canister at them it didn't make them vulnerable thus you have purposely sabotaged a legitimate tactic.

Now the big issue. The AI decided that it would rather wonder around and not do anything. They stayed spread out and refused to fight the Grineer units. I was unable to get enough killed to pass the test due to enemy distancing and the very short decay time of the canisters. They completely ignored the Grineer units and just wandered around mindlessly.

This does not feel like a proper test of my abilities and strategy if the AI refuses to function properly and you purposely sabotage any tactic i can come up with. My disappointment comes from the fact I know you can do better then this. You have pulled off many things unexpected that where great.

In closing i think some of the mastery tests in general need to be overhauled.

That was an awful one, yeah. I remember. I was totally at the mercy of enough bad guys spawning near me to accomplish the thing before moving to the next one. I failed a few times before finding a way. You practice first at Simaris's, yeah?

One thing I've noticed about these really hard tests is that it's not just about skill. Man, I tried like hell with my Inaros with my best Steel Path everything to beat the MR30 test, but there just weren't ... enough ... seconds. Mastery is also about knowing the right tool for the job instead of just playing your favorite frame. When I thought about the MR28 mastery test 'outside the box' a little, I eventually figured something out that let me cheese it pretty easily. Same with the MR30 test. It'd be nice to just rely on your gaming skill and use your 'main' or whatever, but it's time to think in other directions when there's too much outside of your control.

• 2 months later...
On 2021-06-10 at 9:43 PM, RenzorTheRed said:

That was an awful one, yeah. I remember. I was totally at the mercy of enough bad guys spawning near me to accomplish the thing before moving to the next one. I failed a few times before finding a way. You practice first at Simaris's, yeah?

One thing I've noticed about these really hard tests is that it's not just about skill. Man, I tried like hell with my Inaros with my best Steel Path everything to beat the MR30 test, but there just weren't ... enough ... seconds. Mastery is also about knowing the right tool for the job instead of just playing your favorite frame. When I thought about the MR28 mastery test 'outside the box' a little, I eventually figured something out that let me cheese it pretty easily. Same with the MR30 test. It'd be nice to just rely on your gaming skill and use your 'main' or whatever, but it's time to think in other directions when there's too much outside of your control.

I figured it out after awhile. I used Nidus with the augment to detonate the Larva. Launch while i go to get the canister and then detonate it to drop them and then toss. Issue is i barely got by since the AI again seemed to malfunction and lose their pathing like ants. I'd have to larva several times to get a good group to canister. Quite annoying.

Archived