Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Garuda's talons don't count as melee weapons for whatever reason

DinoDash777

I can't be the only one that finds not being able to use Garuda's talons by themselves or in missions that require one of every weapon type. It doesn't really make much sense that they would not count melee weapons, due to the fact they share mods. I could except if this was somehow for balancing but I don't see how it would matter and In my opinion Garuda isn't really that great and it would be a pretty minor change.

Idk if there is some reason I am just too dumb to think of but I genuinely don't see one other than thats how the ability is made.

It probably is just some line of coding that checks what is equipped/needs to be equipped not 'seeing' them since they are a part of the frame and not a separate weapon. Apart from the MR tests I can not think of what else mandates having all 3 weapon slots filled though, but yes being able to change to them mid mission would be cool, but DE could not do that with the Dark-Split Sword so probably a limitation in the games code sadly.🤷‍♀️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2021-06-13 at 1:20 PM, DinoDash777 said:

I can't be the only one that finds not being able to use Garuda's talons by themselves or in missions that require one of every weapon type. It doesn't really make much sense that they would not count melee weapons, due to the fact they share mods. I could except if this was somehow for balancing but I don't see how it would matter and In my opinion Garuda isn't really that great and it would be a pretty minor change.

Idk if there is some reason I am just too dumb to think of but I genuinely don't see one other than thats how the ability is made.

On 2021-09-30 at 9:39 PM, jautja said:

Obviously, this is a programmer's mistake. Honestly, Garuda should be able to use her claw anywhere on any mission, even where close weapons are prohibited.

As someone who played Garuda since launch, I have bad news for you and that is Garuda's Talons as a melee weapon is an afterthought since she was launched without it and was only added after a lot of players feedback the talons on Garuda seems redundant with feedback having it turned into a claws melee weapon but with a caveat that no melee weapon must be equipped.

This makes Garuda's Talons neither counts as a separate melee weapon nor an exalted weapon which also means you cannot use it in melee only sortie mission type. Unfortunately, the way it was coded into the game by the programmers (most likely hastily) also makes Garuda bugged when performing melee finishers since she will do the claws weapon finishers instead of your equipped melee weapon.

With that, I did make a suggestion back in July but it hasn't gotten traction which also include my take on Garuda's Talons as a exalted weapon ability while differentiate from being a copy of Valkyr.  Hopefully it will receive the attention by Auntie Rebecca and Uncle Scott otherwise Garuda Prime, which is due to release in year 2022 will be seriously underwhelming (she is already the second least used Warframe) but that would require every Tenno to help me bump my forum post up to their attention.

Archived