Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

On Halloween

Justin_Case001

Think about this: all year round we teach our kids to never talk to strangers and definitely don't take candy from strangers.  Then on Halloween, what do we do?  Tell our kids to go knock on strangers' doors and take candy from them.

"The stranger is offering you candy.  Go on, take it!  No, really, it's ok.  But only for today."

LOL.  Now, don't get me wrong, I loved trick or treating as a kid, and I think it's a shame that it seems to be sort of a lost art nowdays.  But I just think the concept is funny, if you think about it.

I was actually thinking about this very thing myself, earlier.

However, the real issue is: Why is it strangers? WAY back in the day, you knew everyone who lived nearby, so you could actually trick-or-treat at only the houses of people you knew, and get a massive haul.

However, the real issue is: Why is it strangers? WAY back in the day, you knew everyone who lived nearby, so you could actually trick-or-treat at only the houses of people you knew, and get a massive haul.

Ah yes, true.  I guess trick or treating probably originated back in the day when people lived in small M. Night Shyamalan-esque villages (but without the those-we-don't-speak-of) where everyone knew everyone else.