Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My brief experiance with Necramech and New Railjack

Silvertap

Here i will just give my feedback on how i see and feel about the necramech:

1- I think they are cool, they are indeed. But they are weak, and can't be used in big majority of missions, witch is very disapointing. 

2- Leveling them is hell, i mean, it is pure suffering, look i'm mr30, witch means i'm fond of leveling stuff and grinding, leveling necramech is dull, not fun, disestimulating - i don't think i will level my necramechs completely until this problem is solved (or ever).

3- Even with affinity x4 i didn't like to level them, witch came as a realisation to me, i'm getting prejudicial about necramechs...

(IMO) A simple solution, would be for us to use necramechs like we use the archguns.  

Here i will just give my feedback on how i see and feel about the New Railjack:

1- It is almost the same, the biggest diference are the crew, void mission, and new missions.

2- The crew is very good, but it would be good if they could use the forge and shot the ordinance, muiti-task that is the real thing about the railjack.

3- Void missions are ok? No, they are much longer than regular void missions, or at least they few so, and people now a days are all about time, so i very rarelly found people doing them...

4- New missions (fire extinguishing and orphix): They are a bit hard, i mean, both of then involves time maneging with dead lines, i don't like them at all, why both missions needs to be like that? 

5- Give me more ordenance shells when i'm playing railjack solo, pls!!

I think they're waaay too forced, especially in the orphix missions, i refuse to do them, period. Lock us out of literally all of our gear and tell us to use necramechs? I'd rather use my damn operator. It has killed the fun of necramechs for me, as well as any chance i might've had to enjoy them.

1- I think they are cool, they are indeed. But they are weak, and can't be used in big majority of missions, witch is very disapointing. 

I disagree about them being weak. Their damage potential is quite high, and they can take more of a hit than the HP/armor combo leads on if you slap in a certain mod or two. But I completely agree about the disappointment of not being able to be used in majority of missions.

2- Leveling them is hell, i mean, it is pure suffering, look i'm mr30, witch means i'm fond of leveling stuff and grinding, leveling necramech is dull, not fun, disestimulating - i don't think i will level my necramechs completely until this problem is solved (or ever).

Might be a matter of taste. To me it wasn't too bad, I leveled mine in Oprhix Venom event and it was fine, I didn't even leech much because I had good Fluctus already. How did you level them, in some dull way someone else came up with because you couldn't think of anything else? In a group with people who did the killing so fast you couldn't feel like there was any impactful gameplay involved for you? Because that's how I've seen people level their necramechs outside OV, and it doesn't surprise me one bit.

3- Void missions are ok? No, they are much longer than regular void missions, or at least they few so, and people now a days are all about time, so i very rarelly found people doing them...

I like the void storm missions. The only thing they could revamp there in my opinion (and yes that's just one player's opinion, take it as just that) is the rewards. I feel I'm not getting enough rewards I could use outside the Railjack, from those missions.

4- New missions (fire extinguishing and orphix): They are a bit hard, i mean, both of then involves time maneging with dead lines, i don't like them at all, why both missions needs to be like that?

Yes I agree they are harder than the rest of the missions. Too hard though? Not if you ask me. Try solo a tricap (Teralyst, Gantulyst and Hydrolyst) in one Cetus night and you know what's hard. Compared to that this is relaxing. And there are people who do that twice a Cetus night, solo. My plea to DE regarding this would be, please do not nerf this, it's not easy to solo but it's definitely doable, at least the fire extinquishing mission as you put it. The Oprhix missions, are a bit harder but also doable, but I think DE should check the Oprhix missions for balancing and bugs.

5- Give me more ordenance shells when i'm playing railjack solo, pls!!

Sigh. I just use Ironclad Matrix aura and some turret mods and good plating and when soloing I don't even touch ordinance. So... why, just why? Maybe it's the fun factor yeah, but personally I don't get it. If it's because you feel you can't rely on your crew enough, I'd say you're doing something wrong.

So in short, my 2c on this topic: give Railjack stuff better rewards to be used outside Railjack, and let us use Necramechs in more missions, the regular missions too, please.

7 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

I think they're waaay too forced, especially in the orphix missions, i refuse to do them, period. Lock us out of literally all of our gear and tell us to use necramechs? I'd rather use my damn operator. It has killed the fun of necramechs for me, as well as any chance i might've had to enjoy them.

And the timer is really tight if you are leveling or with noobs, so it has i hight chance to fail, especially if you try to do it endless, you have no room to manage it, bucause it is f-timed... it kinda sucks... 

9 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

Do you also refuse to do the... (spoiler below)

Spoiler

...profit-taker? As it has a reoccurring phase you can only do with an archgun, also forced. I wonder, would you do the Orphix missions if they were easier = allowed more freedom of maneuver and tactic?

6 minutes ago, Zi-of-Jinx said:

Might be a matter of taste. To me it wasn't too bad, I leveled mine in Oprhix Venom event and it was fine, I didn't even leech much because I had good Fluctus already. How did you level them, in some dull way someone else came up with because you couldn't think of anything else? In a group with people who did the killing so fast you couldn't feel like there was any impactful gameplay involved for you? Because that's how I've seen people level their necramechs outside OV, and it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Hey man, i won't answer all the points you mention because, as metter of fact, lots of things are indeed subjective, are a metter of opnions. But about the necramech leveling, i didn't do orphix venon event, i just came back to the game, but if the only satfisfying way to level the necramechs are at the event, or been rushed by other then it sucks (IMO). And just for me to check here, the ways to level it is: 1-Playing in open worlds (especially Fortuna and NecraVaults), 2- Orphix Venon Event, 3- Orphyx Missions (nobody plays them enymore), 4- A defence mission that nobody plays. Or are there other ways?

18 minutes ago, Zi-of-Jinx said:

Do you also refuse to do the... (spoiler below)

Hide contents

...profit-taker? As it has a reoccurring phase you can only do with an archgun, also forced. I wonder, would you do the Orphix missions if they were easier = allowed more freedom of maneuver and tactic?

profit taker is different, you can use your warframe and other gear near the profit taker, you just can't use it to damage the profit taker. With orphix you have none of that, while being heavily bombarded by corpus and sentients. 

Not to mention the several weapons specifically added to counter sentients like the paracesis, the umbral/sacraficial mods, as well as umbra himself... that you all can't use because your gear is locked. If they were going to do this, lock your gear against sentients, why add those items at all?

1 minute ago, Silvertap said:

Hey man, i won't answer all the points you mention because, as metter of fact, lots of things are indeed subjective, are a metter of opnions. But about the necramech leveling, i didn't do orphix venon event, i just came back to the game, but if the only satfisfying way to level the necramechs are at the event, or been rushed by other then it sucks (IMO). And just for me to check here, the ways to level it is: 1-Playing in open worlds (especially Fortuna and NecraVaults), 2- Orphix Venon Event, 3- Orphyx Missions (nobody plays them enymore), 4- A defence mission that nobody plays. Or are there other ways?

Fortuna might be the most efficient way to level Necramechs right now, I think at least... and Necravaults as you call them, the most fun (very subjective but yes). Oprhix Venom event was probably the most effective and fun way, I think, but that event isn't here now, so yeah. Orphix missions may be too hard to level Necramechs with, solo at the very least, which sucks if you ask me too, at least the higher level ones. But there's a lower level Orphix mission in Venus Proxima which you can probably solo with a good Nekramech setup, so that's a little variation. And that defense mission, I'm not sure which one you're talking about, some railjack defense mission?

profit taker is different, you can use your warframe and other gear near the profit taker, you just can't use it to damage the profit taker. With orphix you have none of that, while being heavily bombarded by corpus and sentients. 

There's certainly that difference, yes. It's a matter of taste though, if you ask me. I admit I too felt a bit limited by OV event's only-necramech aspect, but I also liked it because you couldn't cheese your way out with a frame like most would had. I still think it's more about how you execute those Orphix missions as a game developer, than about whether there's a limitation like that or not. Though I agree it'd be better if there was an actual reason to use the Necramechs in Orphix other than "you have to because we say so", but it's a matter of opinion and taste.

Not to mention the several weapons specifically added to counter sentients like the paracesis, the umbral/sacraficial mods, as well as umbra himself... that you all can't use because your gear is locked. If they were going to do this, lock your gear against sentients, why add those items at all?

If my memory serves right, Paracesis was added like a year after umbral mods which were released with Excalibur Umbra? And Shedu was released like a year after Paracesis? I'm not sure at all, but something like that? Considering that, isn't there consistency in the timetables? But moreover, Oprhix was supposed to be a pre-taste of sentient missions, not the thing in itself really. Not the Tau system that I think we were promised. I just see Orphix missions as a testing ground for DE's future sentient implementation, just like the sentient missions in early railjack were. If you recall those early railjack sentient missions, I think they were rather dull and uninteresting. Just raid a sentient ship, kill 20 basic sentients who won't pose a problem if you're properly equipped (no eidolon big boi level difficulty but more like buffed vomvalysts lol). Considering that, I'd say Oprhix missions are a biiiiiig improvement, even with the compulsoriness of Necramechs. I won't treat them as a final product, but as something that will be improved upon, one way or another, as it has been with the railjack missions too.

To answer this question of yours: I bet those items were added for something that comes after the Orphix missions. And perhaps when Necramechs can be used in most or all missions, we'll finally have ways to level them more comfortably and thus have maxed-out Necramechs to do the Orphix missions easily enough, and then people will play them more. Perhaps DE wanted to test Necramechs a bit further in those Orphix missions before taking that step of adding them available to all missions. I hope so, at least...

Archived