Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you remove Nightwave Prestige Tier Limit ?

With the amount this has been asked for, and the fact that the devs did an update that increased the prestiege alittle bit, i imagine theres some annoying coding issue with it thats preventing it being infinate.

46 minutes ago, (XBOX)TBone Panzer said:

There is still stuff I would like to buy but current Nightwave Intermission is capped at 60. Why is there a limit anyway?

The limit is there to... limit how much stuff you get 'free' from the NW Store.

thereby encouraging people to instead Buy from Market using Platinum. I believe the Orokin Reactor/Catalysts are the main big sellers.

Before NW existed, the 'free' avenue for such items was Random Alert Missions. There's no explicit 'Cap' however behind the scenes DE would regulate the distribution rates by throttling How Often the alerts would show up.

Casual gamers complained about Life Schedules making them miss Alerts, so NW was invented instead with the Credit system allowing earnings to be buffered and claimed on your own schedule. So there's your Ranking Cap - to regulate how much 'free'(non-plat) items get distributed.

So if this NW has gone overtime, why hasn't the cap been adjusted? I suspect DE has realized that NW being more accessible than Alerts has taking a bigger cut out of Market Purchases than expected and they're looking for excuses to kill it off. "busy working on future updates, no time to update NW" lets it die slowly without the same backlash as just straight up cancelling it all.

Archived