Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Storms and Corrupted Holokeys

Alguerath

Can we take a moment to address the change in the drop table of Void Storms?

Before the update it was possible to earn bonus void traces, the amount of them that could be earned even scaled with mission tier, starting with twenty five to a grand, grand total of One. Freaking. Hundred. But after the update, these were (injustly in my opinion) done away with in favor of the corrupted holokeys...and with it I lost incentive to do void storms more often. It really felt rewarding and efficient, encouraging with the prospect of being able to get Radiant Relics and Void Traces to refine even more relics, suffice to say that I do not approve of the change, but it wouldn't be constructive criticism without a suggestion.

The suggestion is that DE could either:
1) Restablish the previous iteration of the drop table for Void Storms, and make Corrupted Holokeys drop from Hounds and/or Sisters themselves.
2) Remove the planetary resource bundle from the drop table and replace it with the Holokeys, so that:
-Reward redundancy is reduced, as planetary resources can be obtained in, non Railjack missions in said planets.
-Reward dillution is avoided by only having truly exclusive and/or worthwile things drop.
-Allow both Void Traces and Corrupt Holokeys to coexist, and in turn increasing the efficiency and attractiveness of void storms.

Thanks for reading my humble suggestion and have a good day.

I want them to be a more consistent thing from void storms. 

Also I want the tweak so there is a reason to do endless void storms you can get multiple void storm rotation rewards so there is a reason to do them or makes them feel more beneficial to do. 

Slowly scaling rewards perhaps? That is a very valid point and would increase the attractiveness of storms, considering that they are not really as fast as regular fissures, there needs to be incentive so that the discrepancy in completion speed is balanced and properly compensated.

Why not both? Keep in mind the only thing you can use Holokeys for is the weekly rotation weapons.
Adding guaranteed Key drops from both sources and having the traces bonus would let us both, play the game modes more. And Use the new weapon system they designed around the drops.

I Disagree entirely.
I'd happily drop 40 keys on a sub par element. If it means I could just buy 2-3 more of the same element and boost it up to max. I'd feel like i'm working towards a goal, and not just waiting weeks on end for the right gacha to pop.

-I totally want Void Traces back in the reward pool 

-Swap endo 4 kuva

-Remove normal relics (keep radiants.  Normal relics can be farmed in other parts of the game, they dont have to be everywhere)

-Move Holo-keys to drop from normal void storm enemies or random spawning special units in void storms

-remove RJ resources from End of Mission rewards.  (slightly boost the amount that drops from breakables/lockers)

=========================

Getting extra void trace is a really awesome reward.   Kuva is a really awesome reward.   These are things people can actually use instead of their 50th thing of credits/endo/rj res/ rj parts.    VS still have rad relics but they are buried in an overcrowded reward pool of mostly garbage.   Now they are just like any other mission type.  No draw or purpose.  

hace 7 horas, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ dijo:

-I totally want Void Traces back in the reward pool 

-Swap endo 4 kuva

-Remove normal relics (keep radiants.  Normal relics can be farmed in other parts of the game, they dont have to be everywhere)

-Move Holo-keys to drop from normal void storm enemies or random spawning special units in void storms

-remove RJ resources from End of Mission rewards.  (slightly boost the amount that drops from breakables/lockers)

=========================

Getting extra void trace is a really awesome reward.   Kuva is a really awesome reward.   These are things people can actually use instead of their 50th thing of credits/endo/rj res/ rj parts.    VS still have rad relics but they are buried in an overcrowded reward pool of mostly garbage.   Now they are just like any other mission type.  No draw or purpose.  

I want them back too, it was efficient and encouraged me to do more void storms...now that they're gone the incentive is almost gone.

I would agree to swap Endo for Kuva, but ONLY if there was a special type of mission for that, because in the normal missions there are Syphons/Floods, and we also have Kuva offerings on Nightwave and via Teshin, and I'd think it would be weird if Kuva dropped without having the Grineer actively involved with that on a especial capacity...considering that they have quite a vested interested in Kuva, otherwise it wouldn't really feel justified.

Regarding holokeys, perhaps, though corrupted holokeys are supposed to be kind of special so it wouldn't really make sense for them to drop from normal enemies, so it would have to be a new, special one. Though I did suggest replacing Planetary Resource Bundles for the Holokeys...considering that the bundles are not really special in any capacity.

Archived