Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva (G)lich weapon spawn rates

(PSN)thorfinn01

I had hoped that this would be addressed in the update but no. I can't say I'm surprised but for some reason I'm still disappointed.

To see how it was going I tracked my larvling spawns as I tried to get the new three. They went like this:

Bramma begat Hek. (Woot, HOPE!) begat Quartakk begat Hek begat Tonkor begat Ogris begat Karak begat Nukor begat Chakkhurr begat Nukor begat Seer begat Tonkor begat Bramma begat Ogris begat Hek begat No Spawn (Waypoint sh!tfu@kery) begat Bramma begat Ayanga begat Karak begat Hind begat Chakkurr begat Brakk begat Seer begat Hind begat Kraken begat Ayanga begat No Spawn (Waypoint sh!tfu@kery) begat Hind begat Zarr (WELL FINALLY) begat Zarr (so much for no two in a row spawns) begat Nukor begat Ogris begat Kohm begat Hind begat Tonkor begat Seer begat Kohm begat Grattler (Finally. The THIRD.)

Thing here is that compared to some experiences I have heard from other Tenno, this isn't bad. Let that sink in for a bit.

So. Potential fixes:

A. (Preferred) Make 1 weapon available in the Vey Hek Assassination. This allows for guaranteed spawn that will also allow for easy use of Valance Fusion to get a feel for the benefits.
That leaves 18 weapons to be dispersed over 6 Grineer planets (including the void) with high enough missions. 3 weapons per planet. While this forces Tenno to go all across the star map it dramatically reduces the useless grind, makes the Lich weapons more collectible, the use of Valence Fusion much more likely but still (predominantly) allows Tenno to run the missions they prefer.

B. (If we have to) Allow weapons to random generate but once rejected each weapon removes itself from the pool until a larvling is selected or the pool empties. Whichever happens first.

C. (IMO to easy) Attach each weapon to an individual mission.

I am sure other Tenno will have more ideas on how to fix this but I'm fairly certain we will all agree that it needs to be fixed.

Man... so much 'begat' in that post.. lol...

I ran larvalings for like 6 hours before getting my first kuva grattler. What a slog.

The sisters are equally frustrating because of how the sisterlings spawn, but at least the pool of weapons is currently small.

Honestly the easiest solution is to lock specific weapons behind specific planets. We could still do the random rolls but splitting the pool into like 4 or 5 pools would be pretty helpful for longterm (more weapons can be spread easily through different planets).

Same for the Sisters.

Archived