Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An excuse for a minigun

KillerGnats32

Obviously the name is not thought through. I just need a minigun that can be used and as the self-proclaimed village idiot I wrote this.

Warframe: Heavy Weapons Guy

Passive: unused ammo types are collected to boost/fuel abilities as Auxiliary Munitions.

1st Ability- wrist shot: drain AM to fire a volley from your wrist cannon.  May overcharge to increase number of shots in volley.
-durration: initial charge up time reduced and fire rate increased
-range: punch through distance
-strength: total damage
-efficiency: decrease initial cost and increase overcharge rate

2nd Ability- Second Assult: AoE for following, % ammo restore, next reload is faster, added ammo efficiency. Overcharge to boost non-efficiency stats
-duration: increases bonus ammo efficiency time
-range: effected range for allies increased
-strength: increase ammo restored, reload speed boost
-efficiency:  AM cost reduction and added ammo efficiency

3rd Ability- The big one: fire a shoulder mounted explosive cannon that can be overcharged to add bounces to the shot and increase damage.
-durration: bounces per overcharge (scale slowly)
-range: increase velocity of projectile
-strength: damage of explosions
-efficiency: initial cost and overcharge charging rate

4th Ability- Final Stand: arm yourself with a minigun with finite ammo and durration while gaining great physical resistance.  No movement speed reduction but good luck trying Parkour. No overcharge, but no Ability cost. Spend more AM get more fun. Spend it all for extra bonuses (must spend beyond a threshold you dirty spammers)
-durration: initial ammo supply Ability durration.
-range: increase movement speed. (No sense in having a minigun if you can't shoot it at anything)
-strength: damage per shot
-efficiency: ammo per AM charge, charge rate increased.

Exalted Armaments: swap those colors and you swap those faction themes thus getting different base damage types (minigun and big one projectile appearance changed too?). More mods more fun with your gun.

TLDR: new warframe as excuse for a minigun to maximize dakka dakk.

Afterthoughts: Overcharging should probably be nonlinear or something in AM use. Think I'm dumb? Feel free to tell me how to fix it.

On 2021-07-19 at 9:32 PM, KillerGnats32 said:

Obviously the name is not thought through. I just need a minigun that can be used and as the self-proclaimed village idiot I wrote this.

Warframe: Heavy Weapons Guy

Passive: unused ammo types are collected to boost/fuel abilities as Auxiliary Munitions.

1st Ability- wrist shot: drain AM to fire a volley from your wrist cannon.  May overcharge to increase number of shots in volley.
-durration: initial charge up time reduced and fire rate increased
-range: punch through distance
-strength: total damage
-efficiency: decrease initial cost and increase overcharge rate

2nd Ability- Second Assult: AoE for following, % ammo restore, next reload is faster, added ammo efficiency. Overcharge to boost non-efficiency stats
-duration: increases bonus ammo efficiency time
-range: effected range for allies increased
-strength: increase ammo restored, reload speed boost
-efficiency:  AM cost reduction and added ammo efficiency

3rd Ability- The big one: fire a shoulder mounted explosive cannon that can be overcharged to add bounces to the shot and increase damage.
-durration: bounces per overcharge (scale slowly)
-range: increase velocity of projectile
-strength: damage of explosions
-efficiency: initial cost and overcharge charging rate

4th Ability- Final Stand: arm yourself with a minigun with finite ammo and durration while gaining great physical resistance.  No movement speed reduction but good luck trying Parkour. No overcharge, but no Ability cost. Spend more AM get more fun. Spend it all for extra bonuses (must spend beyond a threshold you dirty spammers)
-durration: initial ammo supply Ability durration.
-range: increase movement speed. (No sense in having a minigun if you can't shoot it at anything)
-strength: damage per shot
-efficiency: ammo per AM charge, charge rate increased.

Exalted Armaments: swap those colors and you swap those faction themes thus getting different base damage types (minigun and big one projectile appearance changed too?). More mods more fun with your gun.

TLDR: new warframe as excuse for a minigun to maximize dakka dakk.

Afterthoughts: Overcharging should probably be nonlinear or something in AM use. Think I'm dumb? Feel free to tell me how to fix it.

Sounds like it could be another Grineer theme concept. Like if some frame took fatal damage in a previous war and was revived with grineer cybernetics and enhanced with their artillery. While also getting his mind warped where he believes the Tenno did this to him. So we end up fighting a very unusual grineer but  soon learn he is actually a warframe. Could see it being a quest that Steel Meridian gets involved in. Plus his deluxe and prime would show how he looked before the injuries. 

Archived