Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black Screen And General Lag

TunaMayo

After last patch game became unplayable for me, with each update it becomes worse and worse. I never had problem of this kind when I started playing somewhere in September. Now I have constant freezes that d/c me or other people 50/50 of time or just horrible lags on proven hosts thats been good before.

Edited by gritthoseteeth

I've gotten this a lot recently as well.  I'm pretty sure it's not my PC or Internet. (30mbps+ down, 5mbps-ish up on a gaming computer.)  Chat seems to work either way though with the game lag.   Ex.-  A strange French guy last game started to dictate that it was my Ignis and that I was an idiot for not selling it.  He claimed my weapon was messing with the "servers memorie" as he threw down his Vauban vortexes

in many

many

many broken

lines of text that didn't seem effected by the lag.  (derp)

Seems pretty hit or miss with the lag, not able to hit, pickup, or open doors though.  The black screen at the end seems random and unrelated too.  Although I don't think it's happened whenever I've hosted something public.  The issues other than the black screen never seems to effect the host, just the people that join.

Hopefully they fix this one soon.  I don't want to deal with any more misinformed angry French people.  (No offense to angry French people everywhere)   :)

Edited by HDShock

Hi there, again. This is getting really annoying, i can't even do high lvl alert for alternative equipment because of this problem. Lvl 100 ennemies are too much for me alone with a mobile defence (except if i use all my revive)... Hope it get fixed soon ! :(

To quote iUDEXnCr from this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/127523-extreme-lag-stuttering-and-freezing/#entry1526356

"huge issues with me too..
- host says I'm not moving but I am running around and can see enemies.
- cannot damage enemies
- cannot change weapons sometimes
- cannot open doors
- cannot pick up items
- etc
- black screen once game finishes when host or others extract"

This is what I've been experiencing in almost every online mission I've been in since the latest patch with the addition of not being able to swap between primary/secondary weapons, although melee works fine. These issues pop up about a minute or two after starting a mission and hosting or joining a match makes no difference.

Edited by Alien7

The same thing has been happening with me but then what happened to me just about 5 minutes ago was even after it showed the finish and it went black, I failed the mission since I got killed after the match finished somehow. I really hope this kind of stuff gets fixed soon.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/702853606663224761/09E0A7AAA9C77C72FE263C0B25E446AE4E6B3E51

Edited by jogrady96

This is also happening in my missions. Quite aggravating, but please remember to submit a support ticket everyone. It's good to have a thread like this, but the best way to bring it to DE staff's attention more directly is through support tickets. If you have already submitted one, then we'll just have to wait for a hotfix. If not, please make sure to submit it; also remember to provide info as to the specific circumstances. While it seems to only occur in Online mode (for me so far at least) in squad based play, as with any game, it's helpful to the devs if those of us having issues contribute as much information as possible. So far, I've only had it happen in Grineer missions, though that's unlikely to be the issue as I've only done a couple missions today, all Grineer. It does occur in both normal and nightmare missions.

Same for me. Happened to me in game yesterday. Unable to switch weapon, collect items, open doors, no melee damage being done.

Then happened to other players when I was ok. To me it looked like the people are running on the spot. Just lagged but to them, they experience what I describe above.

Then after the mission, black screen seems to follow where you can type, shoot, use abilities etc. Sometimes you die in this screen and get prompted to revive.

Only way i seem to get out of it without gaining a quit or losing a revive it to pull my network connection or end Warframe. This has already put a 'Quit' on my unblemished record before i tried disconnecting.. very annoyed.

Edit: It's happened it T1/T2 defense and an OD exterminate vault run

Edit 2: happened yesterday after the update to my clan mate in dojo where I was host

Edited by gicronin

To quote iUDEXnCr from this thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/127523-extreme-lag-stuttering-and-freezing/#entry1526356

"huge issues with me too..

- host says I'm not moving but I am running around and can see enemies.

- cannot damage enemies

- cannot change weapons sometimes

- cannot open doors

- cannot pick up items

- etc

- black screen once game finishes when host or others extract"

This is what I've been experiencing in almost every online mission I've been in since the latest patch with the addition of not being able to swap between primary/secondary weapons, although melee works fine. These issues pop up about a minute or two after starting a mission and hosting or joining a match makes no difference.

yup since the new hotfix trying to "fix" black screen... it's kinda just created ore problems then it's solved.....

Just wondering, why can't they just change back the way it was before the hotfix concerning the black screen problem ? Should be fast to do, isn't it ? Would let us play again online and let them the time to look for a solution...

The game is unplayable. I can only repeat what others have said. 

Besides i have been monitoring my network for lag with hosts in uk and usa and latency is normal, no packet loss, etc.

DE, undo last patch and try again please. As it is the game is getting worse. 10 missions today and 9 of them i lagged, the other one all 3 other players lagged.

Cheers

Well, I got a little annoyed about it last night and messaged DE_Megan :P This is the response:

"I believe we are trying to reproduce the bug, it would help immensely if players could send us their EE. Log in a support ticket right after that black screen bug occurs."

"EE.log"  found in \%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe. I'll certainly be doing that and I hope more people will too.

In fact, the first problem is to play online with other players properly. The blackscreen, though being annoying, didn't keep us from playing a game in good condition, we even could get our rewards even with a blackscreen.

Well... i'll do some online games just to have theses EE.log, hope this help. And thanks for telling us that EirikAura, i don't understand why it's not someone from the staff who do that...

Well, I got a little annoyed about it last night and messaged DE_Megan :P This is the response:

"I believe we are trying to reproduce the bug, it would help immensely if players could send us their EE. Log in a support ticket right after that black screen bug occurs."

"EE.log"  found in \%LOCALAPPDATA%\Warframe. I'll certainly be doing that and I hope more people will too.

I read in the Hot Topics that DE have acknowledge the Black Screen of death. But no mention of the desyncing worries me that it isn't being addressed.