Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Black Screen Of Death Thread

Matoro6

Wow, what a grueling T3 survival run.  It was really close but you just made it past 20 minutes with 2% life support remaining.  As you run into extraction, you laugh at the enemies still shooting your escape pod.  The mission results screen displays and you see those prime parts you really wanted.  Finally the screen goes black and you wait for the loading screen to come up.

And you wait.

And it never comes.  What the heck?  You try to push some buttons.  You fire--you can hear the sound of your weapon shooting.  Suddenly your health drops to zero instantaneously and the revive screen comes up.  You waste three revives like this thinking it will exit.  Your teammate chats that he is walking around in the level, but there is no HUD, no enemies, and he can't complete the objective.  Eventually you are forced to alt+f4 out of the game and restart.  You check your inventory and there are no prime parts, nor any other rewards.

Have you experienced any of these symptoms?  If you have or have any info on the Black Screen of Death (BSOD), go ahead and post it here.  DE-player feedback is welcomed too.

It's caused by laggy hosts, apparently. If the host leaves/alt+F4s, then the rest of the group can complete the mission and it resolves the black screen on mission complete.

DE is already looking into this issue as it should have been fixed with the last hotfix, though it was only made worse. Expect an actual fix for it come Monday or Tuesday.

Wow, what a grueling T3 survival run.  It was really close but you just made it past 20 minutes with 2% life support remaining.  As you run into extraction, you laugh at the enemies still shooting your escape pod.  The mission results screen displays and you see those prime parts you really wanted.  Finally the screen goes black and you wait for the loading screen to come up.

And you wait.

And it never comes.  What the heck?  You try to push some buttons.  You fire--you can hear the sound of your weapon shooting.  Suddenly your health drops to zero instantaneously and the revive screen comes up.  You waste three revives like this thinking it will exit.  Your teammate chats that he is walking around in the level, but there is no HUD, no enemies, and he can't complete the objective.  Eventually you are forced to alt+f4 out of the game and restart.  You check your inventory and there are no prime parts, nor any other rewards.

Have you experienced any of these symptoms?  If you have or have any info on the Black Screen of Death (BSOD), go ahead and post it here.  DE-player feedback is welcomed too.

If you can't abort the session, you can also quit the game (entirely).

I've had this on a Survival run and I still got to keep my rewards.

I was looking to make a similar thread about this bug but since there`s one already....

Anyway, there is a small (temporary) fix to this bug. After you got BSOD, just press Esc, select Abort Mission, click Ok and wait. After a couple of minutes the windows with the rewards will pop up. And things will be back to normal again (at least till you start another mission mwahahahahah). :D

Edited by Karela2

If you can't abort the session, you can also quit the game (entirely).

I've had this on a Survival run and I still got to keep my rewards.

Yes, this is how my clan "fixed" it as well. It's annoying have to quit and come back in, but it's a short term fix to keep your rewards. I also have a small heart attack every time I do it thinking it's not going to work one of the times. It's nerve racking thinking you've got all these rewards sitting there and then to exit without the confirmation reward screen. :S

It's caused by laggy hosts, apparently. If the host leaves/alt+F4s, then the rest of the group can complete the mission and it resolves the black screen on mission complete.

DE is already looking into this issue as it should have been fixed with the last hotfix, though it was only made worse. Expect an actual fix for it come Monday or Tuesday.

Sorry to disagreed, but got nothing to to with lagg, DE when tried to fix the black screen, may had broke something, and now this happen to the person hosting, but not bc of lagg.

Im going to give example, I sometimes play with other 3 portuguese friends, like I always did, and most of the time im the host with no problem caused in gameplay for them bc i have a pretty good connection and we live close to each other, but yesterday when ever i hosted a void or even any of them, the end of mission was like the OP explained, and the computers are the same, the connection the same and the only thing diferent is the game version bc of the update. 

So i think before we start point the finger to each others connections, maybe DE should fix what cause this, bc this is flamming the games at fast rate, and i cant understand how DE didnt fix this with a hotfix like other times.