Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mandachord Limitations

(PSN)SHINOBISERPENT

Can we get the option to change the amount of beats in a measure, add the other notes? I think it's missing the flats and sharps. it's missing a lot of notes. I don't think that it needs whole octaves or something but being able to have that full range would give us bit more creative freedom. Also being able to change the speed it rotates would be nice but it's not super important an bpm doesn't mess up a song the way wrong notes and time signature does. So If I wanna make a beat that kinda rides on a migos flow, it might be tri-pl-et, tri-pl-et, -tri-pl-et. Right now, we can only get 1 2 3 4, tri-pl-e-t, tri-pl-e-t. taht's also not super duper important because most music uses a 4/4 time. I also know that It could create a bit of chaos having two competing songs with octavias running around having two clashing songs. but the note range I think would make running octavia feel more personal and unique to each player. the percussion is pretty good already. there doesn't have to be a lot of variety in percussion but a bit more would be nice too. The notes, though, would be nice if they were added.

• 5 weeks later...

It sure limits what you can do with the Mandachord and I haven't been able to do some songs I like because of it but I guess there are also reason for it.. Not too much freedom to replicate every song. I am not sure if it would have some copyright problems? I know at least one game that can have problems with such thing.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-10-31 at 4:28 AM, Oswelux said:

I am not sure if it would have some copyright problems?

It would not.   DE do not copy songs.  They only provide instrument.

For example, if I use Cubase to copy all of the world's music, nobody will sue Steinberg for that.  They will come for me.  

Archived