Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Sniper Ammo Drops

Nightchills

Different ammo drops can seem pointless if you solo all the time because you're only using 1 main weapon type and have no use for other ammo drops other than side arm. However different ammo drops adds elements to team play when playing with other people. More so before ammo became shared.

Well it's necessary to have different ammo type to cater for everyone having different guns, it creates a seriously huge mess at times. I just feel there are ways to clean it up a bit. My suggestion was for there to be universal ammo drops but the amount of ammo you get is changed depending on the gun or guntype you are using.

Well the most immediate problem that would have created before the made ammo drops shared is a single player rushing everywhere spraying ammo would ammo starve the rest of their team by taking all of the pickups. Even if you only needed 1 bullet you claim the whole pickup box. Ammo in general tends to drop everywhere. By forcing type specific drops even when they're shared it helps keep weapons like the Gorgon in check to a small degree via ammo limitation unless you load up on ammo boxe consumables thus making a player pace or monitor their ammo usage. Or in the case of a weapon like the Snipetron it promotes effective ammo usage by encouraging players to specifically aim for weak points to optimize the damage of every bullet in the limited ammo capacity. Or in the case of shotguns to get players to use them at an appropriate range rather than try to snipe across the room with a Hek.

Sure the drops you don't need will be there. It's not because the game is dropping more of them. It's because you're picking up the ones you need. Personally I like it better with specific boxes especially now that they look different as well. I'd rather have situations of " I need more rifle ammo. All of this here is for shotguns and pistols. Oh theres some over here" rather than "Oh lemme just grab this universal ammo cube and cram it into my gun".

Well the most immediate problem that would have created before the made ammo drops shared is a single player rushing everywhere spraying ammo would ammo starve the rest of their team by taking all of the pickups. Even if you only needed 1 bullet you claim the whole pickup box. Ammo in general tends to drop everywhere. By forcing type specific drops even when they're shared it helps keep weapons like the Gorgon in check to a small degree via ammo limitation unless you load up on ammo boxe consumables thus making a player pace or monitor their ammo usage. Or in the case of a weapon like the Snipetron it promotes effective ammo usage by encouraging players to specifically aim for weak points to optimize the damage of every bullet in the limited ammo capacity. Or in the case of shotguns to get players to use them at an appropriate range rather than try to snipe across the room with a Hek.

Sure the drops you don't need will be there. It's not because the game is dropping more of them. It's because you're picking up the ones you need. Personally I like it better with specific boxes especially now that they look different as well. I'd rather have situations of " I need more rifle ammo. All of this here is for shotguns and pistols. Oh theres some over here" rather than "Oh lemme just grab this universal ammo cube and cram it into my gun".

I was a little confused about if you were talking to my post or not. Ammo is instanced now so it isn't possible to starve the team of ammo. You can still keep guns like the Gorgon, Snipetron or Hek in check through ammo since I suggested that universal ammo should give different amounts to different gun types.

And I'd prefer "opening this locker WILL give me ammo that I can actually use" instead of "opening this locker will more often than not, give me what I don't want". Not to mention the huge mess you see in defense missions, I'd prefer instead of looking around everywhere, I just take a quick glance and instantly know that I can pick it up. Seriously I should just get a screenshot.

So you're asking them to change the game because you're too lazy to use the given tools or adapt your playstyle?

[sarcasm]Well, that sounds reasonable. Carry on.[/sarcasm]

Yes yes, my tendencies are a little ridiculous. My problem isn't actually with running out of ammo (ammo box discussion came out of nowhere...) but something more reasonable like polishing the game and removing some clutter. I swear I'll get that screenshot of the rainbow on the floor.

Edited by Liacu

It this your first time playing a shooter?

The concept of each gun having their own ammo is as old as the first shooters ever and still continues.

It is times like this I wish this forum had a downvote button. Is there any way for you to try make a point without sounding like a pompous arse?

Seriously, why the hell is ammunition not Universal.

Have Universal Longgun ammo and Universal Secondary ammo if you want diversity. There is ZERO logic in having them seperated when Pistol ammo can be for Shotguns, Bolters, Machinepistols and Semi-snipers, yet they all use the same freaking ammo. And how the hell does the Boltor, Gorgon and Braton and Latron use the same type of ammo.

Id rather the ammo pick ups and maximums be tweaked. Say Machineguns (gorgon) has 1000 ammo and +40 per pickup, Semiauto Rifles and Auto shotguns (latron + boar) have 200 and +15 per pickup, Heavy Pistols (bronco, Lex) have 100 +10. (example numbers)

As it stands, Afruis, Boar and Gorgon run into ammo issues if used for more than 2min consecutively and you dont have a buttload of mods, while the Latron, Lex and Bronco are impossible to run out of ammo with.

Edited by Supern00b

It is times like this I wish this forum had a downvote button. Is there any way for you to try make your point without sounding like a popous #$&(%?

Have Universal Longgun ammo and Universal Secondary ammo if you want diversity. There is ZERO logic in having them seperated when Pistols have Shotguns, Bolters, Machinepistols and Semi-snipers, yet they all use the same freaking ammo.

Id rather the ammo pick ups and maximums be tweaked. Say Machineguns (gorgon) has 1000 ammo and +40 per pickup, Semiauto Rifles and Auto shotguns (latron + boar) have 200 and +15 per pickup, Heavy Pistols (bronco, Lex) have 100 +10. (example numbers)

As it stands, Afruis, Boar and Gorgon run into ammo issues if used for more than 2min consecutively and you dont have a buttload of mods, while the Latron, Lex and Bronco are impossible to run out of ammo with.

That's what I've been saying although my reasons are different. (Polish, clutter and reduced randomness) Gorgon is okay but Afuris and possibly Boar don't have enough benefits to weigh out the ammo efficiency so I think it's just a matter of balancing that hasn't happened yet.

While I appreciate all the feed back the point is some what lost and I might not have been as clear as I could have been. The main point I was tring to make is that it seeam like everything but sniper ammo drops frequently and that shotgun ammo seems to drop more than anything else. I do not have a problem buying ammo boxes in fact when I run my snipetron I always have at lest 4 boxes of ammo with me. Even then though during say a bos fight I see rifle, pistol, and shotgun ammo droping all the time but not sniper ammo anywhere near as much. This is the heart of what I was getting at.

Edited by Nightchills

While I appreciate all the feed back the point is some what lost and I might not have been as clear as I could have been. The main point I was tring to make is that it seeam like everything but sniper ammo drops frequently and that shotgun ammo seems to drop more than anything else. I do not have a problem buying ammo boxes in fact when I run my snipetron I always have at lest 4 boxes of ammo with me. Even then though during say a bos fight I see rifle, pistol, and shotgun ammo droping all the time but not sniper ammo anywhere near as much. This is the heart of what I was getting at.

Universal ammo would fix the problem you're having then. I don't know if the whole thread got derailed or not but this whole discussion was sparked from the small sentence I wrote out >_>

I wish the devs would just make all ammo universal so it's less a pain in the &#!.

Edited by Liacu

It is times like this I wish this forum had a downvote button. Is there any way for you to try make a point without sounding like a pompous arse?

What makes that post make some one sound like a pompous &#!?

It's a question asked to provide a better answer. And the question turned out to be correct.

The poster keep comparing this this game to a RPG game that happens to use guns instead of swords.

Have Universal Longgun ammo and Universal Secondary ammo if you want diversity.

That's exactly how it is now. All rifles use the same, all shotguns use the same, all snipers, and all pistols.

And this creates the problems of guns with high fire rates eating through ammo and not having enough from stages while low fire rate ones are fine.

There is ZERO logic in having them seperated when Pistol ammo can be for Shotguns, Bolters, Machinepistols and Semi-snipers, yet they all use the same freaking ammo. And how the hell does the Boltor, Gorgon and Braton and Latron use the same type of ammo.

i dont understand this.... now you are calling for different ammo.

Your posts went in both directions at the same time. It's weird.

That's exactly how it is now. All rifles use the same, all shotguns use the same, all snipers, and all pistols.

And this creates the problems of guns with high fire rates eating through ammo and not having enough from stages while low fire rate ones are fine.

i dont understand this.... now you are calling for different ammo.

Your posts went in both directions at the same time. It's weird.

You act all high and mighty, yet you cant even understand something written in plain English.

Wow...

Anyone else unable to understand what I wrote? Or is it just him?

Seriously, why is ammunition not Universal.

Have Universal Longgun ammo and Universal Secondary ammo if you want diversity. There is no logic in having them seperated when Pistol ammo can be a Shotgun, Bolto, Machinepistol and Semi-sniper, yet they all use the same ammo.

Edited by Supern00b

Okay come on, keep it civil. We're discussing about ammo, not throwing insults at each other. If he doesn't understand your points, you should elaborate so that he can.

What makes that post make some one sound like a pompous &#!?

It's a question asked to provide a better answer. And the question turned out to be correct.

The poster keep comparing this this game to a RPG game that happens to use guns instead of swords.

It may be an rpg but Mass Effect 2 and 3 are also considered shooters in the same vein as Gears of War. The fighting mechanics are very similar to Warframe so I don't get the why the genre is a consideration. A more true rpg with guns would be the 1st Mass Effect or Fallout 3.

As for the pompous &#! part, you do make it sound like you're calling me some kind of noob. The question was completely unnecessary but seriously I don't care.

Edited by Liacu

You act all high and mighty, yet you cant even understand something written in plain English.

Wow...

Anyone else unable to understand what I wrote? Or is it just him?

I dont act like anything, you are putting your own spin on a normal conversation.

I understand what you say but what you are saying is separating ammo even more than it is now.

You are calling for the ammo to recognize the gun of the user and adjust it's number accordingly......

I think that would require a lot of info to be loaded per stage to cover every single weapon in the game.

So much memory would be taken up.

It may be an rpg but the Mass Effect 2 and 3 are also considered shooters in the same vein as Gears of War. The fighting mechanics are very similar to Warframe so I don't get the why the genre is a consideration. A more true rpg with guns would be the 1st Mass Effect or Fallout 3.

Like i already said, ME is an RPG first then shooter second which, like i said, does not have it functioning in the same way as a shooter first when dealing with mechanics.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Like i already said, ME is an RPG first then shooter second which, like i said, does not have it functioning in the same way as a shooter first when dealing with mechanics.

How so? I'm telling you these genres we keep labeling games are kind of irrelevant in this case. Specifically, I'm not considering the very first Mass Effect because its rpg elements heavily affect the shooting. However that is not the case for 2 and 3. Especially 3's multiplayer which I keep telling you is very similar to Warframe. Heck you could consider Warframe more RPG than 2 and 3 because we actually have a proper inventory system and skill tree.

And you know, RPG is a really vague genre in the first place.

Edited by Liacu

How so? I'm telling you these genres we keep labeling games are kind of irrelevant in this case. Specifically, I'm not considering the very first Mass Effect because its rpg elements heavily affect the shooting. However that is not the case for 2 and 3. Especially 3's multiplayer which I keep telling you is very similar to Warframe. Heck you could consider Warframe more RPG than 2 and 3 because we actually have a proper inventory system and skill tree.

And you know, RPG is a really vague genre in the first place.

Wait, you are still trying to explain this stuff to him?

I am 90% sure he is a troll. No one is that stupid. Or atleast I hope not.

Wait, you are still trying to explain this stuff to him?

I am 90% sure he is a troll. No one is that stupid. Or atleast I hope not.

Well some good discussion did come out of it. Maybe I should make a new thread, this is way off topic. Consider it like some kind of brain storming. It's nice way to pass time as I'm loading levels in the game.

Troll or not, I don't really care and it hasn't really mattered.

Edited by Liacu

• 2 months later...

Hello Warframe community, I am new to this game but as an old fart I have played 1st person shooters since the birth of the PC.

I am afraid that my post won't be read by the staff since this post quickly deteriorated into a flaming match between two or three people which we all know isn't helpful, however I hope this will get to the right people.

I saw the descriptions of the different weapons and immediately noticed that there were four types of weaponry: Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols and close combat weapons. I know that there are a few exceptions to this main rule: a bow that doesn't use ammo, a machinegun which seems to be a category of its own and even close combat weapons which can be thrown. However in ALL the descriptions the operative word is listed as Rifle or Shotgun and so on, BUT if you read this as a given you come across a nasty surprise (unless you start by reading ALL of the Warframe wiki) as the Snipertron is a sniper-RIFLE, the surprise is when you come across rifle ammo ingame and run to pick it up and to your surprise nothing happens at all.

Now as I said I am new and should probably have read everything I could on the subject but it seemed fairly straight forward to me as with everything else in this game but having spent hours getting the money needed to finally buy the snipertron and then finding out that there's almost no ammo for it ingame was a bit too much which is why I urge the staff to at the very least rename the sniperRIFLE to something that makes sense like the rest does or include ammo drops in all maps as common for ALL weapons.

A great big thank you to the entire staff at Warframe.com for the opportunity to play this wonderful game for free and a hope that it will continue for many years to come, keep up the great work guys and girls :)

I wish the devs would just make all ammo universal so it's less a pain in the &#!.

Of course not, why would the DE ever give up the massive profit they must turn from omni ammo box sales?

(Sarcasm, in case it wasn't obvious)

Edited by Report_For_Feeding