Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De I'm Waiting For This One... But Actually, Put It In

WondahBoah

Sadly I don't think we'll ever get "heavy" weapons when you think about it. Reducing the players movement speed/agility would be the total opposite of what Warframe aims to do.

While it'd probably be appropriate in certain situations - I believe that not all 'Heavy Weaponry' would be movement impeding. Look at the Ogris, for example. In most other games that sort of thing is a heavy weapon.

There isn't any particular rules set for how a heavy weapon would need to work. It is more a case of "This is a big, mean version of this other type of weapon."

Like a Heavy Shotgun, for instance. Even a Minigun would be workable in Warframe.

IMO we won't get those because they should deal more damage, and I don't think DE wants to make even more effective murder machines. I don't think they have an issue with restricting our movement...

I disagree. They don't have to deal more damage - and if they were to get made with more damage there are ways to counterbalance that.

A weapon with an extremely good attribute in one area can be balanced out by a difference attribute that is a pain in the &#!. 

Yeah but the Ogris isn't a stereotypical heavy weapon in the sense that it doesn't restric movement anymore than a pistol. What if they made it as such? The forums would overflow with rage.

Heavy weaponry doesn't have to restrict movement. That is just how games typically go about it. 

imo it would be possibruuuuuuuuu... if you want to fire that planet of a gun you would have to stay statonary....

Nothing wrong with that.

I disagree. They don't have to deal more damage - and if they were to get made with more damage there are ways to counterbalance that.

A weapon with an extremely good attribute in one area can be balanced out by a difference attribute that is a pain in the &#!. 

Well, not all heavy weapons, but the one in that picture? It better deal a lot of damage (if it ever made it into the game). Function has to relate to design, otherwise we could end up with a Noisy Cricket.

Well, not all heavy weapons, but the one in that picture? It better deal a lot of damage (if it ever made it into the game). Function has to relate to design, otherwise we could end up with a Noisy Cricket.

Dontchu hate on the cricket.

Anyhoo - yeah. The image shows a gun way too big to stick on a Tenno. If something like that were to happen first order of business would likely be shrinking it down to make it work with the shape of the Tenno. 

cant wait for a heavy machine gun like that!

You and me both. HMG is something i've wanted for some time. The gorgon is sweet dont get me wrong. But the way this game plays out you might as well have an M-134 at times.

I'm one of those people who can USE that kind of weapon without spraying and praying. 

Recoil control is a learned skill gents knowing the weapon helps.

how I think it should work:

Med-high damage, full auto, slow rate of fire, decent accuracy, and

obscene recoil when standing to fire. When you crouch the animation is changed to a one knee down kneel, and the butt of the gun is jabbed into the ground to almost eliminate recoil. This way the gun can be used like a slower, harder hitting, and more disorienting Latron when on the move. But it'll shine when you have time to settle down and lay down a continuous stream of rounds.

When in the hands of Heavy Grineer the gun behaves as if it is already stable, so watch out