Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mir's Art Thread - Prints Available! New Stuff Soon!

Mirbersc

Now in collaboration with the "Warframe: Lost Sector" independent minigame! Here's a walpaper I did for AnonCat and the rest of the team. Here's a link to their thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/126894-warframe-the-lost-sector-currently-in-development/

Enjoy! High res for download at my DeviantART as usual:

frost_wallpaper_by_josea302-d6v45v3.jpg

Edited by Mirbersc

I just took a closer look. I love how you used the same  curved line patterns in the background on your Frost. It creates a strange movement of effects while remaining slick.

I'm glad you noticed! I've been experimenting with my brushes and I thought it gave it that sort of calm, but still flowing movement. Definitely something new for me, and definitely something I'd like to keep doing if it works :D Thanks man! (Can't wait to see your next piece too, btw, good stuff!)

This is great!

This 8-bit warframe project is really going far :D

And to say it all started by a fanart ^^

Now there is fanart for a project born from a fanart...

Fanartception?

I know haha, I'm really glad that DE is fine with the project. It's looking to be so much fun I couldn't help but to offer them some help with some promo art. Just thinking about playing a Warframe-themed Megaman/Metroid game is reason enough!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay that's it, i am gonna say it.

You're the best artist working on warframe fan art I have seen so far while watching forums and deviantart posts.

that helmet looks top notch quality and design, completely comparable to the original designs from awesome warframe art team.

Okay that's it, i am gonna say it.

You're the best artist working on warframe fan art I have seen so far while watching forums and deviantart posts.

that helmet looks top notch quality and design, completely comparable to the original designs from awesome warframe art team.

Thanks man! That means a LOT to me, really :)

Gotta say though, looking at the actual concept art for the game... damn haha. I wish I could learn from those guys. In fact I tried to imitate Mynki's style a little there, his line work is mindblowing!

But thanks, I seriously appreciate that you think that. I'll try and do some more helmets. I've been sketching a bunch of ideas for years, but I just recently realized that this is the style I think they'd fit best in. Maybe not IN the game, but in the same style. So that's exciting to me :)

Merry (early) Christmas everyone! I'll be traveling back home in like a week, so I'll just post this now. emberchristmas_2_by_josea302-d6xqka7.jpg BTW, Is this TOO saturated? Wouldn't like people's eyes hurting after watching it, haha. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one. I don't have much practice painting fire, so I took it as an opportunity to give it a shot, constructive crits are appreciated ;)

Edited by Mirbersc

So much orange! But I like it. I kind of can't tell who/what the victim is on the left side though, is it also a Corpus Crewman? :)

I knew it! I'll need to keep it down next time. And It's another crewman, but for whatever reason I see that I made his limbs go along with the fire and  I didn't define the silhouette very well. I should fix that, haha :)

Do you think I could solve it by desaturating the fire, or by mixing in some other colors? Maybe both?

Thanks a lot!

Santa Hat fits her really well. Even though, nice choice of a Warframe, nicely done, even the previous version is good.

Thanks! I was going to add a reindeer nose but I thought the hat was enough haha. I'll see if I can get another one before next year.

Ember's curves~ <3

Great picture and use of colors again! The vibrancy is something I love about your work.

Well thank you very much! I like that vibrancy too but sometimes I can't control myself lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! I won't be posting actual artwork for a bit (until mid January or later depending on some other pending stuff), but just letting you know that I have some other alt helmets coming this way, so stay tuned if you're into the last one. Not all of them will be actual frames, since I want to keep some designs for my portfolio and whatnot unrelated to fanart, but yeah more stuff soon.

In the meantime, hope you all had a great Christmas (or equivalent celebration) and a happy new year!

Thanks guys! I won't be posting actual artwork for a bit (until mid January or later depending on some other pending stuff), but just letting you know that I have some other alt helmets coming this way, so stay tuned if you're into the last one. Not all of them will be actual frames, since I want to keep some designs for my portfolio and whatnot unrelated to fanart, but yeah more stuff soon.

In the meantime, hope you all had a great Christmas (or equivalent celebration) and a happy new year!

YAY!