The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Just Realised This

lautalocos

the PS4 is coming in a week.

that means warframe is going to PS4 in a week.

for some reason, i fear that PS4 players won´t like the game and that warframe will fail and OH GOD IM HYPERVENTILATING BRING ME A PLASTIC BAG NOW NOW NOW!!!

*breath* ok, im fine.

but really, i just fear that they won´t undertand that this is a beta, like what happened with dust 514 (well, yes, that game had some serious design flaws but still)

hopefully the players will understand, they will wait, and then everyone will be happy.

DE, best of luck with the PS4 release.

edit: i almost forgot. as we are going to have a bunch of newcomers in the forums, the "what stalker?" law is back.

Edited by lautalocos

i'd really hope that netcode optimization is incoming VERY soon.

that´s one of my biggest fears.

i think too that they should feed the hamsters again. the last server upgrade was in, what 6 months? 7? im not sure, but i don´t know if the servers are ready for the number of players.

console players are not the best players but they are not idiots either.

all of my friends are console players. they are good people, but with gaming, well, lets say that they don´t undertand the process of game development very well.

of course, im not saying everyone is like that, but im pretty sure a majority is.

I'm more scared by the amount of trolls and dumb kids added to my games.

Hopefully all hotfixes they release coupled with the usual delay in deployment on the console will keep Ps4 users separated in their own little funny world.

And yes, DE will finally feel what it is dealing with entitiled kids.

Expect Drama Queens flooding the forums about how bad the game is and how it killed their kittens. If you think what we have now is bad, you haven't seen a thing.

But being free, it's not going to be a major issue. Even if most don't like it, a huge lot will buy crap with plat and pay  DE.

that´s one of my biggest fears.

i think too that they should feed the hamsters again. the last server upgrade was in, what 6 months? 7? im not sure, but i don´t know if the servers are ready for the number of players.

Being this a p2p game I don't think they really need to. Their servers are just activation and dumb data storage.

Hopefully all hotfixes they release coupled with the usual delay in deployment on the console will keep Ps4 users separated in their own little funny world.

Expect Drama Queens flooding the forums about how bad the game is and how it killed their kittens. If you think what we have now is bad, you haven't seen a thing.

But being free, it's not going to be a major issue. Even if most don't like it, a huge lot will buy crap with plat and pay  DE.

Being this a p2p game I don't think they really need to. Their servers are just activation and dumb data storage.

well, every platform has it´s share of horrible people. hopefully we will see more firendly faces in the forums.

i'm not referring to DE's servers. i'm referring to the netcode that runs between server / client for game sessions.

specifically, the lack of optimization. currently (i'm not making these numbers up)

client upload requirements are between 15k - 40k per user that has to be sustained by the host.

this means that between 45 - 120k of upload bandwidth is required.

most lower-end connections will reach saturation (limit) at between 60-80k upload.

which means a large number of players aren't able to host more than 2 players at a time.

i'm CERTAIN that these numbers can be brought down by as much as 50%

if that can be reached, then hosting on a lower-end cable / dsl connection becomes reasonable.

many users don't have anything BUT these lower end connections.

and since there's no way to specify client-only mode within the game... and most console players either don't care, or don't know... this is going to make for a terrible gaming experience for a large number of players. 

Edited by xethier

OH GOD IM HYPERVENTILATING BRING ME A PLASTIC BAG NOW NOW NOW!

I think you mean paper. Plastic bag will kill you if you're not careful. :P

Although I don't respect consoles in the least, the people who play on them are usually fairly dedicated and skilled, so they should blend pretty well with the current warframe community and add more feedback for DE to chew on. They will also probably add a great deal of blood to be offered up to the lotus god, and an intoxicating amount of greedy milk.

well, every platform has it´s share of horrible people. hopefully we will see more firendly faces in the forums.

consoles are easier things to use. Therefore the userbase on average tends to be less.... uhhh... advanced... for lack of better word... than PC users.

They want their stuff to just work. And rage and call names when it is not.

I really hope I't just my issue that I know a ton of idiot kid-men using consoles, and that it isn't as prevalent as I see around me.

But we will find out in a few weeks. I'll grab my helmet just in case.

I'm more concerned with what the split in resources is going to mean for PC gamers. PS4 players (who 'pre-ordered' Warframe) are already getting a unique skin for their braton, which makes me super jelly that I don't have a special PC skin for my braton. >inb4 vandal

any half-decent CGI artist can whip-up a decent weapon skin in half an hour.

As for real manpower for the PS4 port, that should be greatly reduced by the fact that the PS4 is basically a PC running linux, with probably some badass compatibility layers to run natively windows binaries, worst case they have to recompile the game engine from source, but it won't be any more the old pain in the backside that it was having games that worked in weird alien IBM architectures like the PS3.

Edited by bobafetthotmail

consoles are easier things to use. Therefore the userbase on average tends to be less.... uhhh... advanced... for lack of better word... than PC users.

They want their stuff to just work. And rage and call names when it is not.

I really hope I't just my issue that I know a ton of idiot kid-men using consoles, and that it isn't as prevalent as I see around me.

But we will find out in a few weeks. I'll grab my helmet just in case.

any half-decent CGI artist can whip-up a decent weapon skin in half an hour.

As for real manpower for the PS4 port, that should be greatly reduced by the fact that the PS4 is basically a PC running linux, with probably some badass compatibility layers to run natively windows binaries, worst case they have to recompile the game engine from source, but it won't be any more the old pain in the backside that it was having games that worked in weird alien IBM architectures like the PS3.

I wasn't concerned with the skin taking a while to create. I just mentioned it because it makes me jelly.

Once again, we can see that DE doesn't know where to put its energy! How do they dare to release a game for another platform if the actual game is not even "finished"? There are so many bugs and other issues to be worked on, and DE doesn't take time to focus on the PC WarFrame, how stupid is that? I am sure they have a certain motivation, however this might be money anyway "-.- And I'm not saying they were not allowed to earn money BUT how does this strategy actually look like >>Aw, hey... the PC game isn't working like we imagined it could be, let's move on to PS4!<<

It would be smarter to get primary things done before starting something new because it will slow down the development process of both game versions if DE will work on them simultaneously, so pc as well as ps4 players will have to wait pretty long for the full release.

In addition, I think pc players are not so idiotic as console players (in average) - just my opinion :P

have a nice day and regards

TRSS

Once again, we can see that DE doesn't know where to put its energy! How do they dare to release a game for another platform if the actual game is not even "finished"? There are so many bugs and other issues to be worked on, and DE doesn't take time to focus on the PC WarFrame, how stupid is that? I am sure they have a certain motivation, however this might be money anyway "-.- And I'm not saying they were not allowed to earn money BUT how does this strategy actually look like >>Aw, hey... the PC game isn't working like we imagined it could be, let's move on to PS4!<<

It would be smarter to get primary things done before starting something new because it will slow down the development process of both game versions if DE will work on them simultaneously, so pc as well as ps4 players will have to wait pretty long for the full release.

In addition, I think pc players are not so idiotic as console players (in average) - just my opinion :P

have a nice day and regards

TRSS

the game will be released in beta in the PS4, but my fear is that PS4 players won´t understand that

Meh, what matters is that a huge amount of people will buy plat for their PS4 account. It takes a while to see all game issues. That will significantly boost DE's aability to make more stuff.

And frankly, considering how dull and repetitive is the average console shooter, they might actually love Warfarm.

I still fear for our forums though.

Also, MIC TROLLS!!!!

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Meh, what matters is that a huge amount of people will buy plat for their PS4 account. It takes a while to see all game issues. That will significantly boost DE's aability to make more stuff.

And frankly, considering how dull and repetitive is the average console shooter, they might actually love Warfarm.

I still fear for our forums though.

Also, MIC TROLLS!!!!

we can quickly mute them with a thing called "options menu"

long live the master race!

yeah, maybe im taking the master race thing a little bit too far now.