Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Please Fix The Ogris Puncture Bug

BlackCrower

There is a huge misconception as to what puncture does. Most people think it mean it goes through multiple enemies and never consider its supposed to go through non-target to hit enemies on the other side.
For example: other warframes,shield lancer shields, enemy cover, floor, walls, doors.

There is a huge misconception as to what puncture does. Most people think it mean it goes through multiple enemies and never consider its supposed to go through non-target to hit enemies on the other side.

For example: other warframes,shield lancer shields, enemy cover, floor, walls, doors.

This.

Ehhh, if the floor is thin enough then the shot will go through. Happens all the time when I'm at xini and shooting at the bridge. 

And by the way if the object you shot at is "thicker" than the max puncture of 1.2 meters, then the shot won't go through at all.

It'll just explode when it hits that object. In other words, aim at legs or arms if ya wanna puncture.

Of course your right i'm using shred so however as I said it's shouldn't go through the floor what's the point ? I want my Aoe dmg when i hit the floor, it what the mod should do explode when you hit something thick I consider it as a bug.

The mod works perfectly, but not every mod is meant for every weapon.

Oh, then again I did notice that my Ogris punctures doors and other objects but does not puncture through mobs or allies (and Shred is maxed). Maybe there is a bug(?).

Puncture is not supposed to work on live enemies.

If you are trying to puncture multiple allies it might not go all the way through.

Its definitely a bug, but this bug has been out for a long time.  Then again why do you need to put puncture mods on?  Since Orgis is already does AOE when it explodes.  By putting puncture mods on the only bug i could think of is that the rocket won't explode when it hits.

Puncture is not supposed to work on live enemies.

If you are trying to puncture multiple allies it might not go all the way through.

uh why would you think it's not suppose to work on live enemies? That is definitely one of its intended purposes.

uh why would you think it's not suppose to work on live enemies? That is definitely one of its intended purposes.

Live enemies are supposed to be hit when you shoot them. Imagine shooting an ancient bearing down on you and because you are using puncture the damage numbers are not rolling off him but the small fry behind him.

Live enemies are supposed to be hit when you shoot them. Imagine shooting an ancient bearing down on you and because you are using puncture the damage numbers are not rolling off him but the small fry behind him.

If my interpretation of this is correct, then you are saying that if my Ogris with puncture hits an Ancient, that Ancient will not take any damage. This is wrong, because what puncture does is it allows multiple enemies to be hit with a single shot (and ofc go through objects). For example, a Flux Rifle with puncture on will hit the first enemy, damage it, then pierce through to hit another mob behind the first enemy (assuming the puncture rate is enough). I am pretty sure this is how puncture was meant to work, because what's the point if puncture ignores the first enemy?

In regards to Ogris specifically, puncture allows the rocket to pierce through the first enemy, preventing it from exploding. The first enemy still gets damaged, but it is damaged by the shot alone, not the explosion. So after the rocket has pierced through, anything it hits after causes the rocket to explode if it has used up the puncture distance. 

On a side note, I figured out that apparently the body of an Ancient is "thicker" than 1.2 max puncture rate. Gotta shoot the legs to go through.

Sorry for long post folks.

Edited by Loli-kon