Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taurog the Labyrinth Beast (Warframe Concept)

Arcsyrine

Taurog was made to hunt the ever-shifting Labyrinth for whatever sport the Orokin threw his way. Can you escape his tortured relm?

Themes:

Thematically based around a Balrog (from Lord of the Rings), Demons, Hell, and the Minotaur. Basically a giant, flaming, demon bull.

Lore:

He was designed to be the monster of The Labyrinth. An ever-shifting fiery pit of eternal pain and torment. The Orokin would send commoners into the Labyrinth for sport, making bets on who would last longer. Occasionally a Dax would be tossed in, to keep them entertained, so it wasn’t just mindless slaughter.

Spoiler

One day the Orokin found that the Overseer of the Labyrinth accidentally ended up inside. They laughed and made sport of his predicament, finding it to be delightfully entertaining as he tried to find his way out. A few days later they found an Archimedean that studied the reactions of people put in the Labyrinth had become one of its subjects. This too, ammused them.

A few more days after that, a member of the capture team they sent to abduct commoners was found inside. But this time, someone had witnessed Taurog dragging the man inside, burning whip coiled around him, screaming, and begging for his life. This was concerning as there was supposed to be no way out of the Labyrinth.

The Orokin sent in several Dax kill teams, but each died more brutally than the last. They even sealed the entrance behind their strongest walls. But slowly, one by one, the Orokin that gambled on the demise of those put inside, found themselves trapped within the Labyrinths walls.

As more and more Orokin were pulled in the Seven decided to destroy the Labyrinth. Unfortunately, all methods failed, it would continuously reform itself from whatever they did. Thus, they decided to seal it away in its own pocket space, cut off from the rest of the universe. Condemning Taurog, and the lost souls within, to roam its corridors for all eternity.

Stats:

Armor: 500

Energy: 150 (Rank 0) / 225 (Rank 30)

Health: 175 (Rank 0) / 525 (Rank 30)

Shields: 0 (Rank 0) / 0 (Rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 0.95

Passive:

Masochist

Taurog revels in pain, gaining energy from suffering.

Spoiler

25% of all Damage received is turned into energy.

• Stacks with Rage and Hunter Adrenalin.

Upon taking lethal damage Taurog drops to his knees and brings out his whip to lash himself. If his strikes are timed correctly, he can whip himself back into a frenzy, and return with full health.

• Essentially the fishing UI timing element, but every success the strike zone gets smaller, and the curser moves faster.
  • 5 successful hits are required to revive.
    • 20 second cooldown on success.
    • 3 failures result in normal Bleedout and Death.
  • This is his version of Bleedout.
    • He can still be revived as normal by teammates.

Flaming Whip

Taurog has a fiery whip coiled around his right forearm. When no melee is equipped he uses that instead.

• This is like Garuda's Talons.

Ability 1: Cursed Flame

Taurog sends out a wave of cursed flames from his whip. Enemies affected are set on fire for 10 seconds, and if killed while under the effects they grant Taurog 1 Soul. Souls are constantly consumed to heal and prevent Status Effects.

Spoiler

Cost: 25 energy

Duration: 10 seconds, 10 second Soul Consumption Timer

Range: 15 meters, 10 Souls Maximum

Strength: 200 Heat Damage, 50 Heat Damage per second, 30% Status Chance, 5 Health per second per Soul

Misc: 45 Degree angle, 1 Soul per Enemy, 3 seconds Status Immunity

• The initial wave deals 200 Heat Damage.
    • Enemies are then set on fire for 50 Heat Damage per second over 10 seconds.
      • Subsequent hits on already affected enemies will only refresh the duration of Cursed Flame. The DOT does not stack.
        • The initial wave will still deal damage though.
  • Enemies that die under the effects of Cursed Flame generate 1 Soul for Taurog.
    • Up to 10 Souls can be stored at a time
    • Every stored Soul heals Taurog for 5 Health per second.
      • Souls are consumed at a rate of 1 every 10 seconds to maintain this.
        • Each soul does not have a 10 second lifespan. The total number counts down every 10 seconds.
    • When Taurog is affected by a Status Effect 1 Soul is consumed to prevent it and he gains a 3 second Status Immunity.
      • This resets the Soul Consumption Timer, but can trigger any time Taurog is affected by a Status Effect.

**Note: Maximum Soul count is under Range for balancing, even though they would logically fit better under duration. Can't put time between Soul Consuption and Max Souls under the same stat. It would result in Duration having a multiplicative effect on the Duration of Souls.**

Cursed Flame Augment: Blazing Souls

Holding the ability key consumes 3 of Taurog’s stored souls imbuing his weapons with 50% Fire Damage. Melee attacks and Cursed Flame also burn away 5 Armor per hit.

Spoiler

Cost: 3 Souls

Duration: 30 seconds

Range: N/A

Strength: 50% Fire Damage

Misc: 5 Armor Removed

• Armor removed is from an enemies base Armor amount and stacks with the Shattering Impact mod.
  • Added Fire damage does not mix with any elements on weapons and is a separate multiplier.

Ability 2: Infernal Bonds (Can be Subsumed)

With his burning whip Taurog targets one enemy, and links it to the closest 10 enemies with demonic bonds. A portion of the damage done to one bound enemy is also transferred to all other bound enemies.

Spoiler

Cost: 50 energy

Duration: 20 seconds

Range: 10 meters, 10 enemies

Strength: 50 Damage per second (50% Heat, 50% Slash)

Misc: 25% Damage Sharing, 1 Instance at a Time, 10% Status Chance

• Enemies must be within 10 meters of the initial target to be bound.
  • Bound enemies are not pulled together.
  • Each bound enemy shares 25% of the damage it takes with all other bound enemies.
    • Includes Damage from any source.
    • Shared Damage is 25% of the Total Damage, before resistances and reductions.
    • Shared Damage is converted into 50% Heat and 50% Slash with a 10% Status Chance.
  • All bound enemies are also dealt 50 Damage per second while bound.
    • 25 Heat, 25 Slash and a 10% Status Chance.
    • This Damage is also shared with other bound enemies.
      • Meaning base Damage per second with all 11 bound enemies is:
        • 50 + (50 * 0.25 * 10) = 175 Damage per second
  • Only 1 instance of Infernal Bonds can be active at a time.
    • Casting the ability again on a new enemy will remove the current instance.

Synergy

If one bound enemy is hit by Cursed Flame, all bound enemies are hit by Cursed Flame.

Ability 4: Chasm

If one bound enemy is hit by Chasm, all bound enemies are pulled into the Labyrinth.

Infernal Bonds Augment: Demonic Link

Hold the ability key to cast Demonic Link instead of Infernal Bonds. All allies within range transfer any negative status effects to Taurog and receive 75% of the healing and 25% of the energy he does.

Spoiler

Cost: 50 energy

Duration: 30 seconds

Range: 30 meters

Strength: 75% Healing, 25% Energy

Misc: 100% Energy Cap

• Souls can still trigger as normal to prevent Status Effects passed on from allies.
  • Taurog cannot transfer more than 100% of the Energy he receives.

Ability 3: Magmatic Shell

Taurog turns his blood to magma which hardens over his skin granting him damage reduction, while taking damage increases his chances to burn his enemies with every attack.

Spoiler

Cost: 10 energy per second

Duration: 2% Proc Chance Decay per second

Strength: 50% Damage Reduction, 15 Health per 1% Proc Chance

Misc: 90% Damage Reduction Cap, 100% Proc Chance Cap, 2 second Decay delay

• For every 15 Health lost Taurog gains a 1% Chance to inflict a Heat Proc when damaging and enemy.
    • Affects any source of Damage from Taurog, including Abilities.
    • Health lost per percent is affected by Ability Strength.
      • 15 / [Ability Strength] = Health per 1%
      • Health lost is from Damage taken and not amount of missing Health.
        • Can be healed and still maintain the buff.
    • Percent chance to inflict a Heat Proc is in addition to any regular Status Effects from Status Chance.
      • Works like Hunter Munitions. Every hit has a X% chance to also inflict a Heat Proc.
        • Mutually exclusive with activating Hunter Munitions.
          • Hunter Munitions will take priority and if it procs Magmatic Shell cannot proc.
      • Chance to inflict Heat Proc is capped at 100%
    • Upon not taking Damage for 2 seconds the accumulated percentage decays by 2% per second.
      • Decay rate is affected by Ability Duration.
        • 2% / [Ability Duration] = Percent Decay per second
      • If Magmatic Blood is deactivated the percentage begins decaying immediately.

Synergy

Every Soul stored increases the Status Chance of Magmatic Blood by 2%

• Affected by Ability Strength.
  • Additive modifier.
  • Percentage contributed by Souls can exceed the 100% Proc Chance Cap.

Magmatic Blood Augment: Molten Core

Increases the chances of burning an enemy by keeping his shell molten, receiving less protection in the process.

Spoiler

Cost: N/A

Duration: N/A

Strength: 30% Damage Reduction

Misc: 70% Damage Reduction Cap, 300% Proc Chance Cap

• Heat Proc Chance now has a Cap of 300%.
  • Damage reduction and Cap has been reduced by 20%.

Ability 4: Chasm

Taurog cracks his whip along the ground, opening a Chasm and sending enemies hit into the twisted burning Labyrinth for 20 seconds.

Spoiler

Cost: 100 energy

Range: 15-meter length,

Strength: 500 Heat Damage per second

Misc: 3% Enemy Max Health per second, 50% Damage increase per enemy, 1 second opened Chasm, 1 second stun, 30% Status Chance, 1.5-meter width

• The Chasm is opened in a line, 15 meters long and 1.5 meters wide, from Taurog to where he is aiming.
    • Like Nidus' Virulence.
    • The Chasm stays open for 1 second.
  • Enemies fall through the Chasm and into the labyrinth like Hydroids puddle (Undertow).
    • Enemies must be over the Chasm to fall.
    • Does not affect enemies being held by other Warframe Abilties.
      • Like Nidus' Larva, Khora's Ensnare etc.
  • Enemies are in the Labyrinth for 20 seconds.
    • After their time is up they are ejected randomly within 15 meters in line of sight.
      • Upon Leaving the Labyrinth enemies are stunned for 1 second.
        • Neither ejection Range or stun Duration are affected by Mods.
  • While in the Labyrinth enemies are dealt 500 plus 3% of their maximum Health as Heat Damage every second.
    • For every additonal enemy currently in the Labyrinth the 500 Heat Damage per second is increased by 50%.
      • Not affected by Mods.
      • Damage increase begins when there are 2 or more enemies in the Labyrinth.

Synergy

Every stored Soul counts as 1 additional enemy in the Labyrinth.

• Not affected by Mods.

Ability 3: Magmatic Shell

While Magmatic Shell is active the width of Chasm is doubled.

Chasm Augment: Unholy Gateway

Chasms now stay where cast for 20 seconds and pull in all enemies within 5 meters of them.

Spoiler

Cost: N/A

Range: 5 meters pull range

Strength: N/A

Misc: Maximum of 3 Chasms at once, 5 second Enemy Cooldown

• Enemies are still stored and ejected in the same manner as the regular ability.
    • When ejected from the Labyrinth they cannot re-enter Chasm for 5 seconds.
  • If more than 3 Chasms are cast the oldest one will be replaced.

Thank you for reading this far!

Let me know if you have any comments or criticisms I appreciate the feedback!

6 hours ago, Arcsyrine said:

taking lethal damage Taurog drops to his knees and brings out his whip to lash himself. If his strikes are timed correctly, he can whip himself back into a

This effect needs to be tired to a cooldown or resource because the player is imortal as long as the player knows upw to play a minigame and the enemies have no imput on that game

Taurog sends out a wave of cursed flames from his whip. Enemies affected are set on fire for 10 seconds, and if killed while under the effects they grant Taurog 1 Soul. Souls are constantly consumed to heal and prevent Status Effects

Fine

With his burning whip Taurog targets one enemy, and links it to the closest 10 enemies with demonic bonds. A portion of the damage done to one bound enemy is also transferred to all other bound enemies.

I've worked with a similar ability a while agor. I must say is a ability the game is missing right now.

Taurog turns his blood to magma which hardens over his skin granting him damage reduction and radiating immense heat.

It's  a DR skill. It's mundane but necessary for slow and shield fate less frame to work.

It's a beat on the weak side given a comparable with Gara mirror shard thing . Gara can cast on ally , damage scales and has lower up keep. Maybe bake in the argument for free and make the armor able and go as far to give the explosion a scaling mechanism.

Taurog cracks his whip along the ground, opening a Chasm and sending enemies hit into the twisted burning Labyrinth for 20 seconds.

Frankly speaking I would just make thr whole go to the labirnthba pocket map. Tap sends enemies to a unique room , them go there yourself ( bunch of buffs and debuffs ) , when all enemies caught die player returns on the side off the player closest to the object. Hold, just send the enemies to the labyrinth.

The kit is solid and the formatting is quite good and well.nice job.

8 hours ago, keikogi said:

It's a beat on the weak side given a comparable with Gara mirror shard thing

You were right it really was a poor mans Splinter Storm. I've changed it to be more unique and tie in his theme of taking damage to power himself more.

This effect needs to be tired to a cooldown

Have done so and have also added the ability to fail.

I would just make thr whole go to the labirnthba pocket map

That was my first idea for this ability but I thought it would interrupt the flow of game play too much. Being constantly whisked off to a side map while everyone else clears the objective would not be fun for me. Think stuck in Hydroid's puddle while everyone else zooms ahead. You could also potentially miss out on drops from enemies if you return to the map past where they were, meaning you'd spend a lot of time running back through the map to find them. Or if you returned where you left, you them have to spend a bunch of time catching up. I also thought load times / lag could pose an issue with constant teleporting in and out of a pocket map. This was the best solution I could think of.

the formatting is quite good

Thank you for noticing! I spent quite a bit of time on it and appreciate your compliment a lot.

Thank you for the constructive feedback! If you have any ideas about fixing the issues I mentioned with the fourth skill let me know.

36 minutes ago, Arcsyrine said:

That was my first idea for this ability but I thought it would interrupt the flow of game play too much. Being constantly whisked off to a side map while everyone else clears the objective would not be fun for me. Think stuck in Hydroid's puddle while everyone else zooms ahead. You could also potentially miss out on drops from enemies if you return to the map past where they were, meaning you'd spend a lot of time running back through the map to find them. Or if you returned where you left, you them have to spend a bunch of time catching up. I also thought load times / lag could pose an issue with constant teleporting in and out of a pocket map. This was the best solution I could think of.

Maybe tap to yet enemies into the lab. Hold to send yourself there. Add the mechanic while you are on the labirinth the frame has full loot sharing so ppl on thr normal map gets the loot you got on the Labyrinth and you get the loot of the normal map. Also change it to teleport back on the closest ally to the objective so you don't loose time. Also make sure the frame has a huge home field advantagebon his Labyrinth.

1 hour ago, keikogi said:

Add the mechanic while you are on the labirinth the frame has full loot sharing so ppl on thr normal map gets the loot you got on the Labyrinth and you get the loot of the normal map.

I feel like this just creates the problem of AFK abuse. And you still miss out on helping with the objective and other players. It just feels segregated from everyone else. I appreciate the suggestions but I don't think I want to go that route with how Co-op Warframe is.

I could turn it into a Limbo Rift type ability where allies get a damage buff while in the Labyrinth.

8 minutes ago, Arcsyrine said:

feel like this just creates the problem of AFK abuse. And you still miss out on helping with the objective and

Afk abuse is easy to fix just disable the gear wheel in the labirinth and add a chanelling cost to the skill. 

About being away from the squad there no fix but railjack pretty much says side objective is a part of the gameplaybloop of warframe.

12 minutes ago, Arcsyrine said:

turn it into a Limbo Rift type ability where allies get a damage buff while in the Labyrinth.

Removing allies from the map might anos them to much. Leaving a door where youbleft is fine since going into the labirinth is voluntary but of the skill drags the ally there it will be hated.

Archived