Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yet Another "Liberate the Camp" Post

(NSW)StoneGhost

BLUF: PoE's "Liberate the Camp" missions are still incredibly frustrating, even after new quests were added following TNW. 

I know this comes up all the time, but there are still a lot of people (myself included) who HATE how the Camp liberation missions work in PoE. It severely restricts gameplay options at best, because it necessitates a nuke build to complete the mission solo. It is frequently bugged because enemies can spawn underground. It frustrates players and makes me want to avoid open world missions at all costs. 

After the TNW, these missions are relevant again. I want to do these missions, but it's obvious that nothing was done to respond to the endless stream of complaints that have arisen over the last few years about this single aspect of PoE bounties. For the love of God DE, try it for yourselves. Take anything but a nuke warframe and try to beat that mission solo. Then try to tell us that there's nothing wrong with that bounty... It's completely different from the other bounty objectives and NOT in a good way. 

It's not about failing the bounty. It's about why. What is even the idea here? The enemies show up and... we need to just run away because there's a single Lancer hiding in the bushes that we can't find? Does that make any sense? 

Solutions have been presented many, many times. But here's a few of my favorites:

1) Give all enemies locator icons and make them show up on the map so they're easier to find like in Exterminate missions (since this is technically an exterminate mission, after all).

2) Slow the countdown waaayyyyy down. Particularly in Steel Path when bullet sponges mean defeat because each takes too long to kill with anything other than the meta.

3) Give us some alternative objective to buy extra time if you insist on trying to keep it tense. If I can't kill or find an enemy, give me something else I can do to pause the clock and keep from failing the mission.  For example, +30 seconds for destroying a drone in the sky perhaps. Just something other than having to find hidden enemies SOMEWHERE before something nondescript makes the mission somehow irredeemable. 

The rest of the missions are all completely reasonable, so this is all a great number of us want. :( 

I find this whole Fiasco interesting if not outright Hilarious because Cetus Bounties have always been Broken....

They were broken before I started playing in 2018 and continued to remain Broken 4 Years Later....

Ofcourse nobody would no this because eventually people stop Doing this content all together and thus the complaints stop.... Now that they locked yet another Warframe behind this content we are reminded that Cetus was never fixed for 4 Straight Years.... 👀

Makes you wonder what other parts of the game are like this....

Excavation Missions ?

Archwing ?

Invested Salvage ? 😱

7 hours ago, BLI7Z said:

I usually do those solo with Vectis + Melee, no need for nuke builds. 

The bugs that screw with the spawn and enemy localization though, I am with you with that. 

Yeah, that's a good build. In my most recently failure (the one that set me off and made me have to take a break from WF again), I had a Nataruk and legitimately couldn't find the enemy for most of the mission. I eventually found a couple and would've killed them, but I was nearly out of time, bullet jumped poorly, landed hard, and ran out of time while crouching between crates. It was super frustrating for all the wrong reasons. I cant comprehend why enemies who pose no threat can win just by breathing Vay Hek's air! The margin for error here is just too small sometimes. 

To your point though, yes you CAN beat that stage with an optimal build and some skill. But that isn't the problem, the problem is that there is a huge disparity between this objective and all the others. That disparity causes a disproportionate amount of failures, unnecessary frustration, and obligates players to find builds that help them work around a poorly designed bounty that could be fixed with fairly simple adjustments. 

I wish I had data on failure rates, broken down by bounty objective. I think it would make the case for me.

Archived