The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make it mandatory to have a relic if running fissures on public

PrimalordialBob

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Any form of filter is gonna split the player base though. 

Only way to avoid that is if there are no matching teams within a certain amount of time (maybe player set?) the system drops you into unfiltered groups. 

Yeah.

🤔 I like the idea of defaulting to unfiltered after a certain period of time. In an irrational way, I’d kind of miss the legendarily chaotic hodgepodge that is current Public if we were only ever finding each other through LFG. Having it default to unfiltered would be an interesting experience; like having a vague sense of control as it searches according to personal criteria, and then as the timer winds down to “unfiltered”, it’ll be as if the roiling abyss of randoms using their favourite builds looms ever closer, with its blinding effects and mass slaughter and lawlessness.

My main question personally would be how the filtering criteria is defined in the first place; there’s a lot of things that players may want to specifically match for, ranging from exploring for sculptures to just getting traces to fighting to grinding to chilling while exploring open worlds (or whatever)

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Yeah.

🤔 I like the idea of defaulting to unfiltered after a certain period of time. In an irrational way, I’d kind of miss the legendarily chaotic hodgepodge that is current Public if we were only ever finding each other through LFG. Having it default to unfiltered would be an interesting experience; like having a vague sense of control as it searches according to personal criteria, and then as the timer winds down to “unfiltered”, it’ll be as if the roiling abyss of randoms using their favourite builds looms ever closer, with its blinding effects and mass slaughter and lawlessness.

My main question personally would be how the filtering criteria is defined in the first place; there’s a lot of things that players may want to specifically match for, ranging from exploring for sculptures to just getting traces to fighting to grinding to chilling while exploring open worlds (or whatever)

Oddly, I was thinking about this last night.  You know how in Facebook groups you can filter content via # tags?  While blerg personally, it would probably be the best way to let the player set their own filters.  An example would be #SpeedRun, #Farming, #any, etc. and the system just grabs anyone with 1+ matching criteria, prioritizing the highest matches.

No, not really a fully fleshed out idea but it's what I came up with before passing out. 

13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Oddly, I was thinking about this last night.  You know how in Facebook groups you can filter content via # tags?  While blerg personally, it would probably be the best way to let the player set their own filters.  An example would be #SpeedRun, #Farming, #any, etc. and the system just grabs anyone with 1+ matching criteria, prioritizing the highest matches.

No, not really a fully fleshed out idea but it's what I came up with before passing out. 

Hm. This sounds like a preferences system of some sort, where even if a perfect match of all tags isn’t found, the matchmaker will just go down the list until at least enough of the tags match. Makes me think it’s a sort of gradient of matchmaking, where someone may really want a certain thing, but they’ll settle for the second thing, or third thing, and so on until a match is either made or they’ll get tossed into unfiltered Public

edit: I’m not utterly familiar with Facebook so I’ll have to take your word on the tags system

15 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Hm. This sounds like a preferences system of some sort, where even if a perfect match of all tags isn’t found, the matchmaker will just go down the list until at least enough of the tags match. Makes me think it’s a sort of gradient of matchmaking, where someone may really want a certain thing, but they’ll settle for the second thing, or third thing, and so on until a match is either made or they’ll get tossed into unfiltered Public

edit: I’m not utterly familiar with Facebook so I’ll have to take your word on the tags system

I rather like the idea, honestly.  Just give a menu in Navigation to add the tags and let players save them as a standard or set them each time.  

3 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Yeah.

4 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Any form of filter is gonna split the player base though. 

Only way to avoid that is if there are no matching teams within a certain amount of time (maybe player set?) the system drops you into unfiltered groups. 

Why is everyone talking about splitting playerbase,  filtering and auto matching after a certain time regarding my suggestion, that is off the path, I literally don't get it. Have u never played an mmo before? 

Think of people in recruit chat right now at this very moment, they sit there for 5-10 minutes spamming "H 2/4 Cryotic"  or "H 3/4 Eidolon"   over and over until someone sends a private message saying "invite me plz" ... in a proper LFG system the group leader would just list an advertisement in the   LFG menu and people could select it from a list, than press apply. 

People who want to make the group would LIST (title, activity, description) and people who want to find a group would SEARCH and than click APPLY when they found one they like. No auto matching or anything, if the group leader denies u bad luck and if nobody joins bad luck. 

The whole point is to get AWAY from auto matchmaking. That's why even though recruit chat is terrible, terrible design people still use it. 

10 hours ago, Daffan said:

Why is everyone talking about splitting playerbase,  filtering and auto matching after a certain time regarding my suggestion, that is off the path, I literally don't get it. Have u never played an mmo before? 

Think of people in recruit chat right now at this very moment, they sit there for 5-10 minutes spamming "H 2/4 Cryotic"  or "H 3/4 Eidolon"   over and over until someone sends a private message saying "invite me plz" ... in a proper LFG system the group leader would just list an advertisement in the   LFG menu and people could select it from a list, than press apply. 

People who want to make the group would LIST (title, activity, description) and people who want to find a group would SEARCH and than click APPLY when they found one they like. No auto matching or anything, if the group leader denies u bad luck and if nobody joins bad luck. 

The whole point is to get AWAY from auto matchmaking. That's why even though recruit chat is terrible, terrible design people still use it. 

I like auto matching.  It means less time trying to find a team and more time playing. 

Having an application process would be interesting for invite only lobbies, though. 

Archived