Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Request: Tenno Scepter

Lyker

The new Corrupted Mods have, at least for me opened a door for "caster builds".

Therefor I hereby request a new primary weapon, which in a sense is a caster scepter. 

There is no attack with it. What should happens when you hold the trigger is that you get Energy regain ticks.

Also the scepter should have stats ability increases like +20% power, -10% cost etc.

I can totally see a Nyx build with this. Using melee and absorb for damage and stop sprinting once in a while in between packs to hold the trigger on the primary scepter to gain energy. 

And if we could go really wild with it:

It should have passive energy regen and you could be able to slot 1 ability that will be used with fire button.

Edited by Lyker

No the energy regain is kind of pointless since we already have plenty of ways to get some. I also do not consider this a game with magic in it. Even if some of the stuff appears to be magic. A scepter would just look weird and be pretty useless.

Like Ninjas using rocket launchers.

But those still got in.

No the energy regain is kind of pointless since we already have plenty of ways to get some. I also do not consider this a game with magic in it. Even if some of the stuff appears to be magic. A scepter would just look weird and be pretty useless.

Im pretty sure the art team could create something that would not look like something from Harry Potter or LoTR

Update:

googled scepters, took me 1 sec to find:

http://www.blendswap.com/files/images/2013/08/blend_69890/olivier236_untitled_medium_83fa7c2bf8fbdc647531a9e15f9c56811a83f10d.jpg

You can get a Warframe scifi feel to it.

Edited by Lyker

It seems like it would disrupt too many in game mechanics. So, no. 

Everything is already balanced, and adding a scepter that would totally disrupt how energy is gained would be a game breaking item. Imagine a Nova spamming M. Prime. That is bad. Very annoying and bad. You can cast and shoot guns so be happy with that. 

Edited by Sni7ch

You sir are to funny.

I just read your "about me" text and here you are digging your grave again by being rude instead of constructive.

I'm all good with ppl not liking the idea. Was just throwing it out there. Forum is for discussion right?

And this wasn't received well so lets all move on. =)

Edited by Lyker

The first problem I see is that the scepter as you describe it doesn't really do something new:

There is no attack with it. What should happens when you hold the trigger is that you get Energy regain ticks.

Also the scepter should have stats ability increases like +20% power, -10% cost etc.

A very similar Energy gain is possible through the team energy restore and buffing powers is something mods are for.

The other problem I see is that the warframe powers aren't really designed to be used as often as you would be able to with an infinite, free and conveniently instant energy source. In short it seems game breaking to me :\

Although I got to admit the concept of a scepter has piqued my interest and just gave me this idea: what if the scepter was a primary weapon and on it you could equip any 2 warframe power mods as well as the mods to buff them? You'd activate these 2 extra powers with left and right click and they would consume energy normally, however you can't put the same copy of a mod on the scepter and the warframe unless you have multiple copies (just like you can't put a mod on your weapon on the sentinel's weapon) and the mods in the scepter and warframe don't affect each other's powers.

Probably wouldn't be too OP because you still need the energy to use those power, but it would allow a player to do combos that usually require more players.

What you guys are forgetting I think is that you cannot sprint and shoot etc.
So all rules for shooting should still apply and I am talking about ticks maybe 1.5-2 energy sec.

@ CubedOobleck
Thank you for getting involved in a discussion and I like your idea too.

I just felt another door was opened with the corrupted mods and I was just brainstorming around that.

Edited by Lyker

The wand idea is nifty, if not a bit peculiar.

I actually think the idea of being unable to shoot while using it for a regen boost is rather interesting for balance.

So far as the people going "oh no, spam", you don't even need flow with fleeting+streamline. In fact, I can't imagine any reason you ever would. This would actually be rather balanced, particularly if it doesn't work when you swap to your secondary. Considering how many people rely on click-to-kill,

I don't think the suggestion of letting a warframe use another frame's powers is good at all--leaves way too many balance issues, and you can quickly surmise the combo most people would run with(m.prime+iron skin). Would be insanely over-powered.

What you guys are forgetting I think is that you cannot sprint and shoot etc.

So all rules for shooting should still apply and I am talking about ticks maybe 1.5-2 energy sec.

@ CubedOobleck

Thank you for getting involved in a discussion and I like your idea too.

I just felt another door was opened with the corrupted mods and I was just brainstorming around that.

with the right build an ultimate ability cost 25 energy, keep that in mind.

eh... I kindof dont see a point to this... I do... but... Ninja's and Support mages just dont mix well...

Maybe if you had a bard type... where it weaken's the enemy's with debuffs, similar to Nova, just without the explosions. Though playing music in space would also be... kindof weird, cuz nobody would hear you.