Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery lvl 8 qualification

Nepherixiel

Hello. IDK if it was discussed before, but this "qualification" is unusually annoying, as you have to jump across platforms, have limited attempts, and have an absolutely INSANE 24hour cooldown.

Just why? I mean previous tests are easy, and i did not even aware about that stupid cooldown. Rest of the game is also forgiving about falls, and not like i can use different setup. "trial" mode doesn't help either, cos i was never good at jumping in ANY games, and can't even do same trick twice. This stupid stuff effectively gatekeeping me from progress. This is not fun, guys. #*!% mandatory acrobatics!

5 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

you know u can practise it? by a relay.

practise makes perfect.

And why i should practice precision jumps, if i want to shoot things? Why this is mandatory? Like rest of the game so far require no jumps at all. You can just run, though a lot slower.

Just now, Nepherixiel said:

I can't get to new war, because i stuck with mastery test, that requires completely unrelated skill.

If you believe that you won't need it later on, you're playing the wrong game.

Look, its not mandatory to use it anywhere in the game... I can guarantee you that... But that test is made to test people on how to use that functionality well enough to not kill themselves in the process everywhere else in the game.

But, considering what you have ahead of you, everything is necessary... not mandatory to use it, but necessary to know how to use it. That's why MR tests exist.

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

If you believe that you won't need it later on, you're playing the wrong game.

Look, its not mandatory to use it anywhere in the game... I can guarantee you that... But that test is made to test people on how to use that functionality well enough to not kill themselves in the process everywhere else in the game.

But, considering what you have ahead of you, everything is necessary... not mandatory to use it, but necessary to know how to use it. That's why MR tests exist.

This is a game made for fun, not a tool to "test your skills" for that you have difficulty ratings. Every MMO have content that have hard to access/play, but having this in baseline game is simply unfair. Why this kind of "trial" even exist? If this is a "wrong game" then i want a refund, cos there were no warnings about such ugly game design decisions,

Just now, 16Bitman said:

I get it that you're upset, but you should just keep practising instead of complaining about it on the forums.

DE won't let you skip past the test and they also won't return your money.

I should do whatever i want to do. Like writing an angry steam review to spread a word at least. And warn others to avoid this.

35 minutes ago, Nepherixiel said:

This is a game made for fun, not a tool to "test your skills" for that you have difficulty ratings. Every MMO have content that have hard to access/play, but having this in baseline game is simply unfair. Why this kind of "trial" even exist? If this is a "wrong game" then i want a refund, cos there were no warnings about such ugly game design decisions,

I took the trouble of running this test through Simaris... I'm sorry, but I can't take this seriously, even if you're frustrated, so let me be blunt so that everyone can understand what's happening here...

... Look, if you think its too much to simply shoot 4 orbs that are basically in a straight line to solidify a surface directly below each of them (Being one directly in front of you, then perhaps you should be MR7 forever... Seriously...

... I'm not being condescending, because the skills required to complete this test are skills that you already have, if you do shoot enemies and kill them with your non-Exalted weapons... And, by association, are skills that are required for The New War.

12 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I took the trouble of running this test through Simaris... I'm sorry, but I can't take this seriously, even if you're frustrated, so let me be blunt so that everyone can understand what's happening here...

... Look, if you think its too much to simply shoot 4 orbs that are basically in a straight line to solidify a surface directly below each of them (Being one directly in front of you, then perhaps you should be MR7 forever... Seriously...

... I'm not being condescending, because the skills required to complete this test are skills that you already have, if you do shoot enemies and kill them with your non-Exalted weapons... And, by association, are skills that are required for The New War.

None of you mentioned anything about rank points progression though. It is way less annoying if i can keep playing and earn points, because there is a way to make it a bit easier with Zephyr warframe. Need a confirmation about points though.

Just now, Nepherixiel said:

None of you mentioned anything about rank points progression though.

We can't mention stuff you didn't ask, right...?

1 minute ago, Nepherixiel said:

Need a confirmation about points though.

... Well, complete the Mastery Test and find out... That's always the best way to confirm stuff.

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

We can't mention stuff you didn't ask, right...?

... Well, complete the Mastery Test and find out... That's always the best way to confirm stuff.

Not like answers like "just try harder" have any relevance to my concerns either. And no, that's not an option. I need to know for sure.

9 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

tbh minimal parkour for mr8 needed, and oh boy if u get to mr9 test u gona flip, its stealth kills 

You imply stealth kills is hard to do?) It's not like you have to stealth kill a crowd in that test. It'd say cyberpunk stealth tutorial was harder than that.

1 minute ago, Nepherixiel said:

You imply stealth kills is hard to do?) It's not like you have to stealth kill a crowd in that test. It'd say cyberpunk stealth tutorial was harder than that.

yes basic parkour ? lol.. trust me u will use that in the future.

4 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

yes basic parkour ? lol.. trust me u will use that in the future.

Except you don't have to do all over again if you miss jumped. I don't mind parkour, if it's not limited by several attempts from start and 24 hour cooldown. It's not the same thing. Not even close. I guess everyone have their own interpretation of difficulty, but MR8 is just a brain fart. Whoever designed this deserves a 24 hour diarrhea.

26 minutes ago, Nepherixiel said:

Not like answers like "just try harder" have any relevance to my concerns either. And no, that's not an option. I need to know for sure.

You don't have to like my answers.

... Do you want higher mastery rank or not?

5 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

all test got 24hr cooldown if u fail. practise it, u falling down cause u jump too late.

gimme a bit ill post a vid  for u, mayb it helps?

Well, thanks. But i checked out necessary guides and vids. Angry reviews is postponed for now, but i still feel an obligation to warn ppl about this questionable "feature" this game have.

2 minutes ago, Nepherixiel said:

Well, thanks. But i checked out necessary guides and vids. Angry reviews is postponed for now, but i still feel an obligation to warn ppl about this questionable "feature" this game have.

questionable? this is basic for parkour in the mr8 test..

17 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

questionable? this is basic for parkour in the mr8 test..

Yes, i done it already. Apparently, using aim glide makes it a lot easier, with stationary well planned bullet jump. Which ironically is not a parkour at all. Just requires different approach and testing, which is why it is a bad game design decision. I had enough of this S#&$, when i got my driver's license IRL XD No way such approach is appropriate for a game)

Archived