Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dakra Prime

PixalatedVortex

Oh wow, I just looked up the Dakra and only now noticed it has lelvel 6 mastery requirement.

You're all wrong. Dead wrong. Dakra is at best a mastery 1 weapon, and only barely that. Dakra is what Skana should be.

That's because all longswords are horrible. Dakra is one of the best Longswords. That's not saying much, as a Fang is better than most Longswords, but the point still stands. If you want to go into the higher-ranked Longswords, then work for it.

reasons why it would probably cause it to have a XP lock on it.

Heavy normal hit melee.

sometimes hits red numbers.

medium crit chance.

fast.

if modded correctly it can hit 500+ normal hits (I hit around 530+ sometimes, depending on the level of the mob)

can hit multiple targets at once.

Sexy.

Not safe for work, nor children.

and downright bad***.

The dakra is probably the most powerful one handed weapon in the game.

That's because all longswords are horrible. Dakra is one of the best Longswords. That's not saying much, as a Fang is better than most Longswords, but the point still stands. If you want to go into the higher-ranked Longswords, then work for it.

It's barely above skana, and even then only a tiny bit in base damage, cleave, and speed, if it needs to have a mastery rank, then the appropriate rank would be 1, not 6.

Seriously, it's just polished turd, nobody should need to work for that.

It's barely above skana, and even then only a tiny bit in base damage, cleave, and speed, if it needs to have a mastery rank, then the appropriate rank would be 1, not 6.

do you have one... if not, then you have no say about this awesome weapon...

I personally LOVE it, and it isnt a "polished turd", its just dam straight Awesome.

Edited by GhostUnitVII

I don't need to be a turd collector to recognise turd.

Apparently you need to recognize what a "Turd" is... Or get the definition corrected in your state of mind.

So anything in your room that shines, or in any game that has a rare value item in your inventory is considered as a "Turd"? Dammmm thats messed up.

Edited by GhostUnitVII

Apparently you need to recognize what a "Turd" is... Or get the definition corrected in your state of mind.

Turd is feces. And I am trying to imply that Dakra Prime is crap. Because it is. Because longswords in Warframe are crap. Because melee in general is crap and ineffective.

But that's not the point of this thread, so: My opinion on Dakra, a tl;dr directors cut etc: Dakra Prime has far too much requirements with 15 Orokin Cells, several Void keys to get the parts and a MR6 on top of all that.

E:

So anything in your room that shines, or in any game that has a rare value item in your inventory is considered as a "Turd"? Dammmm thats messed up.

No, actually. I consider Dakra, like all longswords, to be quite the massive pile of feces because it's performance is subpar to almost every other alternative.

Edited by Voidcrash

Thank you for explaining in more detail. I do agree with you slightly, with the XP requirement to performance and what not. when I 1st got it, it worked OK, but once you get the right set of mods like... Fury, Rending Strike, Focus Energy, Beserker, Reach, Pressure point, Molten Imact, and Spoiled Strike. I found the Dakra to be one capable weapon, and a powerful one at that.

With nearly every elemental type, excluding ICE, the sword performs exceptionally well, since it does 2 hits per second, which is bout 500+ x 2 = 1000+ damage per second.

this "pile of feces" may look like crap on the board, but the speed, and damage per second adds up quickly in the right hands.

snip

Guns are much better than all of the melee weapons. As such the main purpose of melee weapons for many of us is to look good on your frame's back. Dakra Prime looks very good on your back, it's shiny and golden and premium looking. As such it needs higher level requirement.

Turd is feces. And I am trying to imply that Dakra Prime is crap. Because it is. Because longswords in Warframe are crap. Because melee in general is crap and ineffective.

But that's not the point of this thread, so: My opinion on Dakra, a tl;dr directors cut etc: Dakra Prime has far too much requirements with 15 Orokin Cells, several Void keys to get the parts and a MR6 on top of all that.

E:

No, actually. I consider Dakra, like all longswords, to be quite the massive pile of feces because it's performance is subpar to almost every other alternative.

So really, what you're saying it, Longswords need a buff. Dakra Prime is one of the best Longswords. No one ever said it was one of the best weapons in the game. The Dakra would be equal to a hightier two-hander in Skyrim (which you have to work for) or an Iron Sword in Minecraft (which you have to work for). Yes, there are better weapon in total in other categories, but for it's category, it's very powerful. It's like saying the Infinity in Borderlands 2 is S#&$ because all repeaters are S#&$. Yes, yes they are, but that particular one is amazing for a repeater.

You must be mistaking Dakra for Pangolin Sword or something. A +120% increase in damage per hit plus a +30% increase in attack speed is not "barely above Skana". It completely destroys every Longsword weapon in the game in terms of normal attack capabilities, and that includes the Machete Wraith due to its animations.

It has nearly double Dual Ichor's base DPS if criticals aren't taken into account, and, if they are, then Dakra still beats Ichors by a long shot when both are unmodded.

It's obviously crap compared to weapons like Fang Prime and crit-modded Ichor when all are fully modded, but "barely above Skana" is (forgive my rudeness) quite possibly the most ignorant and unfounded claim I have ever seen someone make about this weapon.