Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons that pin ragdolls incorrectly apply the ragdoll to the next shot (after an enemy has died to a status effect?)

Verreater

As the title says, if you use a weapon that pins corpses to walls (Arrow and bolt-based weapons), and the enemy dies to something like a status effect (doesn't have to be from the weapon itself, the enemy just has to not get pinned, i think), after a few seconds the ragdoll flies to the impact point of the next shot. (not the next shot after they die, but the next shot after those few seconds)

This can result in enemies being stuck in the air in front of other enemies, or Ragdolls wildly flying through the air. These corpses can block shots, which is really fun when they swoop right in front of your target and just hover in the air.

In addition: +1 to the "please add a Warframe/Weapon bug category/tag" request counter

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread because this bug has persisted for nearly two months now without a fix. Experiencing this myself, it only seems to affect projectile based weapons that have the capability to pin enemies to wall (including projectile based rifles, not just bows and crossbows). This can render certain weapons unreliably for use in higher level missions.

Secondary video included recorded today (6/2/2022) to show that this bug is still thriving.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you kill a bad guy with the Boltor (possibly other similar weapons?) and it does the "pin them to the wall" thing...that enemy is then ragdoll, dragged (stuck to the cursor/sights) everywhere you aim and places the dead ragdoll over the new enemy you are trying to shoot. Without punch through, now all I can do is shoot the dead ragdoll and not the enemies attacking me.

I'm encountering this bug as well. Occurs with Artemis Bow too, and presumably any other weapon with a bolt/arrow style projectile. While it is kind of funny, it has a negative impact on not only the visuals but also gameplay because sometimes the ragdolls that violently fly into your crosshair end up floating in mid-air and blocking shots.

This is particularly impactful for me because I main Ivara Prime with Boltor Prime, and the ragdolls flying straight into my line of fire, freezing in mid-air, and preventing me from hitting enemies with my two most powerful weapons, is very, very frustrating.

Yes, being a new player and not having many mods (punch through), this bug tends to almost completely negate my Boltor (and probably half the rest of them I will be building soon). Hard to level a gun that can only hit a target when there is no "pinned to wall" guy attached to my cross-hair. Thanks for the gif, that is exactly the problem, except most times, mine don't just fly by, they fly right in front of the one ("pinned to") I am aiming at and shield him 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This has got to be one of the most annoying bugs I have seen in the game. Not the absolute top of the list (that belongs to the frequency of the game freezing since TennoCon), but close. Ranking the bow/bolt/dart weapons was a pain in the ash due to the amount of compensation required for projectiles with lower velocity when engaging subsequent targets.

I think trumna has something similar. While it doesn't pin ragdolls, sometimes I notice that the projectile's flash occurs in the corpse of an enemy that died earlier.

Idk about  is it just animation issue (for trumna, not the weapon described above, it has a real interfering effect)

Archived