Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thumper farming

Stramvolt

So I was farming for Gauss and needed Star Crimzian. I decided that because mining is boring I'd go and kill a couple thumpers. So I went to Cetus and got myself the tier 5 bounty to get a higher level thumper to spawn. I fly around with my archwing for a little bit and I find myself a Tusk Thumper Doma. I kill it and I decide to just skip doing the bounty and go back to Cetus since I've done this before and I've gotten whatever drops I got from the thumper even if I don't complete the bounty. But to my shock I find that it gives me a mission failed screen and 0 rewards. I decided to try again and the same thing happens. 

Now I don't know if this is a fresh bug or a feature because I didn't see any mention of this in the patch notes but I know it's new because I have done the thumper farming exactly like that before and still got rewarded. If it's a bug I hope it gets fixed soon and if it's not I have to say I disagree with the choice heavily. Many of us don't play warframe to stand around and throw a spear at fish or stand around and cut rocks. I play warframe because I love the combat systems. Having alternative ways to get resources is neat but farming thumpers is going to simply be a strictly worse way to farm if you can't choose what level thumper you want to kill without having to do a lengthy bounty after it. Not to mention how painful it is to try to do plains bounties solo simply because there aren't enough enemies spawning. If this doesn't get reverted to how it used to be I won't have any incentive to kill thumpers... Ever... And it's a real shame because thumpers are a very unique enemy and I honestly enjoy fighting them. I have reasons to use a variety of gear against them. 

I think you still get everything but it only shows it like that on the end screen? happened for me too I was getting sharrac teeths for Xaku. I actually fished them too and I had those fish when I went to cut them even though mission end screen only showed credits and I got mission failed because bounty. 

21 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I think you still get everything but it only shows it like that on the end screen? happened for me too I was getting sharrac teeths for Xaku. I actually fished them too and I had those fish when I went to cut them even though mission end screen only showed credits and I got mission failed because bounty. 

I went and checked and I did not get the Crimzian.

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

It was introduced in Dec 15 TNW update. I'm not sure why it hasn't been fixed yet.

^

I did a lot of thumper farming and extracting without completing the bounty or even straight out failing it didn't affect acquired loot. This is indeed a bug.

Archived