Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there a particular reason why sorties are riven capped?

M2GamerMicroTag

52 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i don't think that's better. if you have too many Rivens, Transmute some.

Mm ok but hypothetically what if someone is at the cap but they don't want to part with the rivens that they have? Transmuting them doesn't really help them in that regard.

54 minutes ago, taiiat said:

you'd instead then have people complaining they did a Sortie and didn't get any Reward and they want theirs retroactively compensated.

Oh no I didn't mean that if they would get a riven then the system would just not give them one. I mean that it wouldn't be part of the reward table to begin with if the player was at the riven cap i.e. the riven reward would be replaced with something different (to keep the drop table chances the same). if that makes sense

4 minutes ago, M2GamerMicroTag said:

Mm ok but hypothetically what if someone is at the cap but they don't want to part with the rivens that they have? Transmuting them doesn't really help them in that regard.

Oh no I didn't mean that if they would get a riven then the system would just not give them one. I mean that it wouldn't be part of the reward table to begin with if the player was at the riven cap i.e. the riven reward would be replaced with something different (to keep the drop table chances the same). if that makes sense

more problems with there being limits, but i digress.

that depends on if the game would make it clear enough that it means they can't get Rivens.
also, that means that doing this wouldn't be considered desirable to some Players. if it would let Players shift RNG in their favor, then it's super unlikely to fly.

2 hours ago, M2GamerMicroTag said:

To me it seems like it would be better if we could do sorties just not be able to get the riven reward if our riven cap has been reached. This would make it easier to complete certain goals e.g. Nightwave's sortie-related missions.

sorties have chance at riven so if your full on rivens game limits you from going in as you might get a riven an wouldn't be able to get it.
Tho think DE could do away with that an just do turning the riven into endo instead

Archived