Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Open World Pause and Always available Alternate Cycles

Lord_Peppe

As the game looks to go more mobile friendly I think open world pause will become more critcal. 

Mostly solo player and often interrupted, so I use pause heavily.  Assume pause in open world is not enabled due to all the cycles each world has, but what fun / value do night/day or fass/vome provide at this point?  Yes the feeling of an evolving or living world has some novelty, while open world is more complex than a normal node it is about equal to railjack - where we can pause and do multiple missions in one session.

The game seems to be successful on it's core gameplay despite some/many of the anti player systems it had/has.

Recently hit MR30 and the final thing left to farm is Eidolons / Arcanes.  I really like the fight, but the cycle time on Plains of Eidolon night is very un fun.  Would be a little less painful to catch a night and pause my way through the tricap as needed, but it would be a lot less painful if the cycles were not a rigid play on the games schedule system vs play on your own schedule.

Cycles on all the open worlds are similar to the old alert system that you would have to monitor with an app/website and get an actual real world alert to login and play or check the cycle schedule for the day and plan your playtime around it.  That sort of retention mechanism pushes me more toward quitting than playing. 

There have been many suggestions in the past to make night available all the time.  There should not be a large technical reason as there is at least one quest that is on the plains at night that you can enter anytime (but obviously has quest enemies and not eidolons), so the plains map and time of day can exist with different configurations.  Like a day node and night node or bounties selected setting the time of day when you enter.

Cambion Drift cycle much less impactful, but still annoying if you ever wanted to farm something that required Vome cycle and had up to 100 minutes to wait.

Organizing/controlling the cycle through bounties is one option or just even up the cycle time and have two nodes offset?  So if one node is 30 minutes into night the other is 30 minutes into day and the player can choose which node to enter on the star chart.  Or nodes that you can enter from the star chart that always starts you at day 0 minutes and night 0 minutes?

3 hours ago, Lord_Peppe said:

just even up the cycle time and have two nodes offset?  So if one node is 30 minutes into night the other is 30 minutes into day and the player can choose which node to enter on the star chart.

Just let us pick time of day. Not only open world but Earth as well (those who farmed Empowered blades know that pain).

3 hours ago, Lord_Peppe said:

Mostly solo player and often interrupted, so I use pause heavily.

I pause sometimes as well. +1 for being able to pause

Archived