The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

self damage + rad damage

(PSN)cairneys

my tenet envoy is capable of blowing me up and doing rad proc/ damage to nearby teammates.

put simply shots will occationally self damage and kill me, team mates and objectives. 

I think the enemys are reflecting damage but due to it being a missle with rad damage + primed firestorm, its causing a small issue...

Build: Serration, Galvanized chamber, Primed Firestorm, Point Strike, Rime Rounds, Thermite rounds, High voltage, Malignant Force, Vigilante Supplies Primary merciless

the fun part is it doesnt even do rad damage normally it only has blast, magnetic and corrosive. i dont know where the rad comes from it just does it on its own.

Well im of to go use it on my clan members...

Doesn't "do it on it's own", it's either a game modifier (Sortie) or an enemy unit procing rad. These units can appear in arbitrations (not sure if there's anywhere else). Once you get a rad proc, you can one shot yourself or team with any big-boom weapon.

31 minutes ago, (PSN)isbergen said:

Doesn't "do it on it's own", it's either a game modifier (Sortie) or an enemy unit procing rad. These units can appear in arbitrations (not sure if there's anywhere else). Once you get a rad proc, you can one shot yourself or team with any big-boom weapon.

No some aoe weapons bug out and still do self damage occasionally. They're not suppose to. but they do. And when they do they don't just damage you, but everything else they shouldn't as well. Including defense objectives and other players. It's not the old self damage code resurfacing because DE did a shoddy job. cus otherwise it would only damage you and not be able to proc radiation status.

It's like something changes the faction of the projectile.

I'm not sure what causes it to happen. Sometimes I have it happen several times a mission before going months before I see it again.

I experienced it a lot during the last plaguestar event. I can't think of any enemies that can reflect damage like that or it would happen with non aoe weapons as well.

Its easy to tell it happens when you suddenly get viral, slash, and 3 other statuses proced on you immediately after firing your weapon and you health evaporates, in a mission where enemies shouldn't have viral or be strong enough to deal that much damage to you. Or when a defense objective is at full health and you suddenly fail in a level 10 mission.

The only things that can proc radiation are Void or Deimos tileset Lasers. or Radiation hazard mission modifiers. If you get radiation proced and you're not in one of those tiles or a sortie, and your weapon has radiation on it, you hit yourself somehow, or someone else did. And if you have radiation status, you don't take self damage from your own weapons.

isbergen - well it was in arb it wasn't from an enemy proc. hydron sedna arb, nothing there that can proc rad as far as I know.

pollex - good to know i aint the only one that gets it, I blew up my 12.5k health inaros and the near by wisp... 

after checking my saved clip it was occurring when I blew up a nox's dome then like you said viral, slash, impact etc. followed by my fancy frame going splat.

Archived