Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QOL changes i think would help fluidity and limit frustration to new and returning players

mrhapps

I stopped playing for 2 years and just started back up this month and there's a few details that haven't changed since I left that I always thought were bad for the game so i'm going to list them here to see if other people feel the same way. Not entirely sure this is the best place for this topic, but as most of them involve missions i figured this was the right place.

1. toggle for always skipping landing cutscene. The cutscene is fun to watch maybe the first 10 times loading into a mission but then everyone just ends up having to push 2 buttons to skip it EVERY mission, why can't we just have a way to turn it off, or atleast auto skip for us.

2. void storms in relic runs should activate a lot faster when in vicinity of people, i'm standing around waiting for it to happen the majority of the time I'm in a lith earth mission and some other notable places... i also think that it mostly happens around the host, why can't it happen around everyone in squad more often?

3. add a relic sort feature in dropdown on all relic viewing screens for ordering by vaulted relics so i dont have to wiki everyone of them to find out if they are vaulted or not... or even better just put "VAULTED" in big red letters when im previewing a vaulted relic.

4. add leave with group/friends to abort/leave dojo options so i dont always have to leave my friends only to be forced to re-invite 5 seconds later
the above could also let you get out of a sortie group without leaving your friend you are playing with (have a buddy system added that is separate of the party so you have option of leaving party or leaving party+buddy)

5. guarantee atleast 3 void storms at the end of capture/exterminate missions. Yesterday at least 3 of the exterminate missions i ran had a ton of enemies at the start of the mission that were killed before conversion to corrupted and for the last 400-600m of the mission there wasnt a single enemy not to mention a single corruption conversion.

6. make the waypoint marker better in exterminate missions by always showing the extraction zone but just greyed out so you don't have to spend 2 minutes running backward every mission to kill one guy on his own because hes the "closest enemy" and can instead head toward the direction of the extraction zone even if it hasn't become available yet.

7. STOP making the relic selection screen close when someone leaves the party, This makes me have to open the mission selection again every time someone leaves and then relic selection, and if someone else leaves i have to do it AGAIN, its so frustrating and i feel like majority of people leave instantly after a relic mission because of this annoyance.

8. add some kind of invulnerability shield for people solo extracting from endless missions i've seen newer players unable to extract without help from teammates in endless missions, including a DE dev one time who went on an hour+ long disruption with me one time ... invulnerability might not be the right idea because of exploits possible with that but I'm sure there's another option I can't think of that could improve this for people having trouble extracting.

9. if there is an invasion starting (stalker for example) pause extraction timer until they spawn in the mission. I can't even count the amount of times i've been extracting from a mission only to see the lights flicker in the mission summary screen as the ship is moving away from the extraction point and being disappointed every time. This would be especially nice for defense missions where the flicker happens right before a round ends but the acolytes don't spawn before round ends so either you have to stay 5 more rounds to get the acolyte that was supposed to spawn already or leave without getting to fight it.

10. let me use the chat while decorating, sitting in my ship decorating waiting for trade offers but i can't respond to anyone without exiting the entire decoration mode which btw is like 5 options deep in the escape menu UGH.

11. fix the staircase waypoint on the infested ship tileset... im sure we all know which one... but in case you don't it's the one that shows the waypoint at the end of the second floor but doesn't show how to get to the second floor of which i think there is only one way to get up there and that is the single width staircase by the entrance of the room.

12. let me sacrifice 3 relics for 50 void traces. Theres no good way to farm void traces besides running random relics and when you already have to farm out the new relics with new primes it feels tedious to go do missions just to improve your rng so you don't waste the good relics you want to run. Sacrificing relics would also solve my other complaint which is too many varieties of relics i don't have enough time in the world to run. It would be better if i can sacrifice 3 old relics to get the void traces i need for farming the new relics, also 50 seems like a fair amount for 3 relics since the drop per relic seems to be between 5-50 which means on average i think you would get around 50 traces running those relics even if unlucky and this would also not reward any prime part it would just be for convenience of not having to run a relic mission for traces only.

13. it seems like applying forma that you don't have on a warframe you are forced to buy a 20p prebuilt forma whereas on a weapon in the same situation it gives you the option to buy a bundle or individual forma... i'm confused why it isn't the same result but maybe I'm just wrong.

i think that's everything i can think of atm that bugs me, and while some of these things are really small or stupid to care about, they make the game more annoying to come back to and if other people agree i'd hope to see some of them changed in the future.

16 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

so~, does that mean you're leaving again?

i mean i probably wont stay long once i catch up on everything again, but it won't stop me from coming back. That isn't what my post was about though, more so just what fresh eyes may notice as a problem compared to someone who hasn't left. Perhaps everyone else just accepts these issues because they are used to them? Is there anything you disagree with in my post? Maybe some of the things I think would be improvements wouldn't be good for everyone?

Just now, mrhapps said:

it won't stop me from coming back.

Glad to know.

Just now, mrhapps said:

That isn't what my post was about though, more so just what fresh eyes may notice as a problem compared to someone who hasn't left. Perhaps everyone else just accepts these issues because they are used to them?

The issues you've pointed out aren't universal, and even if someone is somehow affected by the same issues then its very unlikely that they end up being affected by them like you were before and, apparently, still are.

There are people that are affected by completely different issues than the ones you've pointed out. So, the only thing I have to point out is that

Just now, mrhapps said:

Is there anything you disagree with in my post?

Your post is your view of the issues that you've pointed out due to the resulting effects those issues have on you... I hope the non-existent use of anything other than "you" and its equal variables isn't a problem.

... I'm not saying that you shouldn't share your point of view. You should and its your absolute right to do it... And you did, and I hope you keep doing it... But do keep in mind that maybe, you're one of the very few affected by those issues, something I've pointed out ^up there^...

I can't really disagree with the issues you pointed out because they're basically non-issues for a vast majority of players, myself included, and I'm not using "alleged" here out of respect for your avoidance to include other people in an attempt to validate your post's content... Its a genuine post containing certain points in the game that, for you, are issues due to the lack of improvement, and you are offering room for other people to share their views.

Just now, mrhapps said:

Maybe some of the things I think would be improvements wouldn't be good for everyone?

For a vast majority, those improvements have no weight.

For me, those improvements are unnecessary... Except, maybe and a huge maybe, points 4 and 12. Those might be positive improvements for me... The rest of the other points either have no weight for me or simply remove maneuver room for me to finish up things I'm doing IRL... Those "idle" moments, for example, that you classify as an issue for you may be things that other players treasure for these little things that you may not matter at all to you, but they may matter to another player.

... It matters to me. I prefer, for example, having that mission start cutscene because it means I'm not getting killed in the process while I'm washing my hands after eating chicken wings, for example... Or using that cutscene to get a glass of water so I can drink it while doing said mission... This is just an example, but you can see where the rest would lead if I offered examples for the other points of your post...

"What if you don't have to do any of those?" You might ask... Well, I can just skip it because there's an option for it. Your improvement, in that aspect, would completely eliminate the cutscene and the associated skip option, simply because, lets call it as it is, you don't want to deal with it... That's not an improvement that has weight for a vast majority, it only has weight for you.

... Look, there's always room for improvement pretty much anywhere in the game.. But ifs faster to see improvements on things that positively affect, or intends to, the vast majority than the minority...  Unfortunately, that's how it is, otherwise the Quick Melee function would be gone a long time ago and players would require to manually equip their Melee weapons in order to use it...

I like all of these changes, more QoL doesn’t hurt. Most of these are pet peeves of mine, especially 1/3/4/5/6/9/12/13. I would most definitely like to have the 4th suggestion since I like to run relics with friend—along with two other randos. The awkward moment of silently waiting for a random to leave, or biting the bullet and leaving the squad myself, is rather ridiculous.

On 2022-04-24 at 7:27 PM, (XBOX)Lady Ukita said:

I like all of these changes, more QoL doesn’t hurt. Most of these are pet peeves of mine, especially 1/3/4/5/6/9/12/13. I would most definitely like to have the 4th suggestion since I like to run relics with friend—along with two other randos. The awkward moment of silently waiting for a random to leave, or biting the bullet and leaving the squad myself, is rather ridiculous.

i actually read something in the patch notes about them adding the vaulted text on the relics, but in my upgrade relic module of orbiter i didn't see what they were talking about. Maybe i just read it wrong, but hey maybe we are in the right direction here :D Thanks for echoing my request for QoL changes though, i feel like the posts that don't create controversy get buried quick even if they only have constructive quality of life changes instead of complaints.

1. Yes that would be nice.

3. add a relic sort feature in dropdown on all relic viewing screens for ordering by vaulted relics so i dont have to wiki everyone of them to find out if they are vaulted or not... or even better just put "VAULTED" in big red letters when im previewing a vaulted relic.

When hovering on the relive press TAB button, or the button mapped to scroll through to the next tab denoted by the diamonds.  It will tell you if it's VAULTED or where the known locations to obtain the Relic.  That you know of in game.  For me mostly it's ???? next to the planet/moon locations. I know it was present a few weeks ago, not certain when exactly sorry.

Most of the other stuff is higher tier than I'm currently at, or content I'm not feeling necessary to explore in depth. I've done a few void stuff and I'm completed Deimos - terrifying at first but a great story resolution, with more to come.

I would add the removal of stuff that doesn't belong in the game any more.  Or at least a review of the resources in the game and perhaps some sort of rebalance/streamlining.  It's odd to be fishing in Warframe.  Not bad per se, just odd.  Like whiplash almost.  A better map of those open areas would be fun too.

On 2022-04-23 at 10:46 AM, mrhapps said:

*snip*

1. Good idea, just not sure how it would handle people who don't want to skip it in groups with those who do.

2. Haven't played voidstorm recently, can't comment.

3. Vaulted relics being clearly labelled would be great, apparently pushing tab while hovering on them shows if it is vaulted but an icon on the relic itself would be nice.

4. Good idea. 

5. Same as 2.

6. Great idea.

7. Yes please. And when someone else selects a relic while you're in the menu it exits you out too I believe.

8. Invulnerability I don't think would work, but maybe a console that can manually extract without the timer instead?

9. Would be nice, but not sure how people would feel when they're not interested in fighting them anymore and just want to extract.

10. Would love chat to work properly in decorate mode. Currently you can open the decoration list to be able to type without leaving deco mode, but it can bug out and stop the menus from working (Though haven't tested recently it may have been fixed)

11. I never have a problem with fixing waypoints.

12. I think that's a good idea to cull some unused relics, not that I'm ever really in need of traces it seems like a worthy trade

13. Should offer bundle and single. 

Archived