Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request: Decreased Zoom Mod.

Won_Doe

Why not change the mouse wheel to allow zooming between regular view and max zoom range while holding aim. It's very simple and makes things so much easier. I don't see why other games can do it but Warframe can't... 

Yeah I never understood either. It seems like a really simple feature to implement but I just can't see them doing it for some reason.

Good idea, it's something I would use as sometimes I'd just really really like to tone down the zoom on the snipers.

Why not change the mouse wheel to allow zooming between regular view and max zoom range while holding aim. It's very simple and makes things so much easier. I don't see why other games can do it but Warframe can't... 

Probably because "mods". Ultimately everything seems to come down to mods in warframe. I agree with Wan_Doe that tying zoom to mousewheel does't feel like something that DE would do, especially with +zoom mods already in game. Who knows though anything could happen.

ps aren't you glad I didn't use that "ancient aliens" meme. :P

Warframe can't do it, because of how DE fixes problems A.K.A "don't fix it, instead, make the fix a super uber rare mod!"

Wouldn't not zooming be what you are looking for?

It's like telling us to no-scope with a sniper rifle. 

Zooming not only allows for a better view of the target, but a quick decrease in mouse sensitivity, which is the main reason why ADS helps us hit targets better.

It's like telling us to no-scope with a sniper rifle. 

Zooming not only allows for a better view of the target, but a quick decrease in mouse sensitivity, which is the main reason why ADS helps us hit targets better.

Maybe i read it wrong or am misunderstanding what he's going after.But decreased zoom would be equivalent of simply not using zoom.I mean really,if you don't want to be zoomed in,just don't use it,problem solved,no mod needed.

Maybe i read it wrong or am misunderstanding what he's going after.But decreased zoom would be equivalent of simply not using zoom.I mean really,if you don't want to be zoomed in,just don't use it,problem solved,no mod needed.

except it's completely different than not zooming in if say you are using a sniper rifle. Sniper rifles zoom is incredibly excessive for any of the smaller map tiles, and the ability to reduce that by a percentage would be enormously helpful in some situations. A zoom decrease mod may be slightly niche, but it's no less useful than being able to increase the zoom on a lex.