Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Need An Ash Guide Also Why So Much Ash Hate

ramnosan

I personally dont hate Ash at all

yeah he is very self serving but he is still cool and fun to play

Ash gets hated on because he has no good CC, and doesn't work well in a team (compared to frost, nova, saryn, loki, trinity, rhino, etc)

Edited by Anatolius

basically he doesnt bring anything to the table for serious team play

but dont be put off by that, u can still have alot of fun with him and do alot of damage with him, his cool factor is prob the highest of all frames

if there is ever a stealth mode introduced he will be one of the go to frames

Ok, my standard Ash build is to enhance his already solid durability and mobility. So health and shield mods, stamina, a focus and continuity to have him hit harder and cloak longer, and the last slot usually has either a mod I'm testing out, or something that relates to what missions I'm running. For an aura I usually use the rifle amp, for def missions with infested I may switch to a melee build.

Ash is more of an aggressive stealth type Warframe. He has the cloaking skill that allows you to get away form danger and also causes stun to surrounding enemies. Teleport also can save you big time.

The only thing that doesn't go well in the end is his 4th skill Blade Storm which can kill you if you aren't careful especially if you use it against Toxic Infested.

The main thing that makes Ash shine is his 1st skill Shuriken. If you mod your ash for enough Power Strength, this skill dishes out serious damage especially since it ignores armor wit its Serrated Blade Attribute. And it is very quick to activate making Ash pretty quick on dispatching troublesome foes.

Playing as Ash requires that you take things slow and observe the situation carefully.

"Are there too many enemies far enough for me to spam Shuriken to dispatch?"

"Should I Smokebomb now that I'm surrounded or use it whenever I see my teammates in trouble with a Heavy Grinneer that I can defeat with a stealthy melee attack?"

"Can I reach my teammate fast enough by Teleporting to them?"

Ash is a fun character to play with and is a lot more durable than his more trickery counterpart Loki. Remember this, as an Ash, you play like a ninja: Dispatch afar, stun and surprise strike with Smokebomb, and use that Teleport to get away or avoid sticky situations in a pinch. And if you feel like Blade Storm works for you, you can keep it, but keep in mind there is a limit to how many enemies you can attack with it even if you mod it for power.

Ash is an offensive stealth unit.

That's some good advice FoxFX. He is right, if you bladestorm into a toxic cloud, you can easily shred yourself, since you are not immune to that effect during. Smoke cloud has offensive and defensive uses, and is the skill I use most. Personally I find teleport a bit tricky to use. One thing to remember about blade storm is that the radius of the effect is based on the initial target's position, not yours. That makes it very unique among 4th skills, and with a stretch mod, you can make pretty excellent use of it.

Since Ash lacks spam able area skills for taking out mobbing infestation, it's usually a good idea to give him a good area of effect melee. I often use orthos with him for infestation. The other good option is the use smoke screen and make quick work of them while your damage is amped.

Edited by Remitevji