Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Resource-based Ephemera

I think it would be interesting to add a set of Ephemera based on resources, as a neat little extra thing you can use those resources that are piling up in your inventory for. It would probably only apply to "rare" or "uncommon" materials, such as

• Argon Crystals
  • Voidgel Orbs
  • Oxium
  • Morphics
  • Certain mined and refined minerals, such as Trapezium Xenorhast, Marquise Thyst, Cabochon Embolos, etc.
  • Diluted Thermia
  • Spectral Debris

These Ephemera could range from having sharpened Argon Crystals orbit your frame, to unstabilized, liquid Morphics weaving its way around you. There might be more ideas I haven't thought of, but for now, there's potential in using extra resources to craft some new ephemeras, I feel. Thoughts?

• Like 11

I love this. I can already envision having legitimate (fun) arguments with my friends about whether morphics or gallium is better, and representing with the appropriate ephemera. Can you imagine the clout of having an oxium or hexenon ephemera?

I'd also be interested in conservation ephemera. Nothing too intrusive, but I'd love to have a spectral karkina friend swimming around me, maybe only while standing still.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

This is... interesting. I want to argue that Helminth is supposed to be sink for our resource pile, but more Ephemera is...

Screw it, I'm throwing in my support for this idea. I'm curious what DE could come up with this idea, especially with Orokin Cell. Or they could go the humor route and just make it rain the corresponding resources.

Edited by Gamma745
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Gamma745 said:

This is... interesting. I want to argue that Helminth is supposed to be sink for our resource pile, but more Ephemera is...

Screw it, I'm throwing in my support for this idea. I'm curious what DE could come up with this idea, especially with Orokin Cell. Or they could go the humor route and just make it rain the corresponding resources.

I agree that helminth is a good garbage disposal occasionally, but it just doesn't consume resources at the rate we acquire them XD Plus, more fashion is always a bonus; happy to hear people are interested!

• 1 month later...
On 2022-12-03 at 3:16 PM, Arinyl said:

FULL SUPPORT! That would be amazing, more ephemeras is always welcome
Also that would be another good way to get rid of resources for those rich people out there ahah

Honestly. I mean there's a point where resources just build into essentially a trash pile, why not put them to use for fashion? I mean, it IS the ultimate pursuit :P

• 5 months later...

After some time, I managed to compile an exhaustive list of resources which I believe would make good candidates to make ephemera out of. They are, alphabetically:

• Amarast/Star Amarast

• Anomaly Shard

• Argon Crystal

• Ariette Scale

• Asterite

• Auron/Auroxium Alloy

• Aya

• Azurite/Tear Azurite

• Breath of the Eidolon

• Cachobon Embolos/Embolos

• Coprite Alloy/Coprun

• Crimzian/Star Crimzian

• Crystal Fragments

• Cubic Diodes

• Dagonic/Purged Dagonic

• Devar/Eshar Devar

• Diluted Thermia

• Eidolon Shards

• Endo

• Faceted Tiametrite/Tiametrite

• Fass/Vome Residue

• Fresnels

• Gallium

• Goblite/Goblite Tears

• Heart Nyth/Nyth

• Heciphron/Purified Heciphron

• Hexenon

• Isos

• Kuva

• Lamentus

• Lua Thrax Plasm/Thrax Plasm

• Lucent Teroglobe

• Marquise Thyst/Thyst

• Marquise Veridos/Veridos

• Morphics

• Necrathene/Stellated Necrathene

• Nitain Extract

• Nullstones

• Omega Isotope

• Oxium

• Radian Sentirum/Sentirum

• Radiant Zodian/Zodian

• Rubedo

• Saggen Pearl

• Seriglass Shard

• Spectral Debris

• Trapezium Xenorhast/Xenorhast

• Venerdo Alloy/Venerol

• Void Traces

• Voidgel Orb

If there are any that anyone has felt I've missed or they would like to see added, please feel free to let me know and I'll add them to the list! Hoping this idea gains more traction, it really has potential in my eyes. Thanks!

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

This looks interesting. And to be honest, shouldn't be hard to make a single argon crystal or orokin cell orbit around you. Would also be cool to display your favorite reource.

Tellurium my beloved.❤️

Needless to say, i'm fully on board.

• Like 1