The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eximus update shows which frames need tweaking.

The eximus changes show that several frames have serious kit problems. Like Equinox for example. You know something is wrong when people subsume HALF of a Warframe off for survivability. Well now, the eximus are immune to her 2 along with her very common 3 and silence/gloom setups. And this is on a frame who already is relying on 2 channeling abilities for survival (which also happen to be the two channeling abilities designed to be used for extended periods of time.)

There are many other squishy warframes that are hurt by eximus changes (mostly due to being squishy or relying on cc for their kits) like Oberon (who also needs some serious ability tweaking) or Baruuk (who has 2 cc abilities and his literal main ability on his kit which for some reason couldn't attack eximus with the damage waves [no idea if they fixed that]). Another example is nidus who uses cc to group enemies and build stacks and now the eximus will just ignore it and destroy through his stacks (especially in higher level missions) while he is trying to recover them.

I'm also seriously wondering how all the new frames like Yareli and Caliban are doing against the eximus (especially Yareli because she was midtier before but now she literally has only 1 ability that affects eximus.) 

I don't have a problem with eximus but it's annoying when the main option for survival  is "spam your squishy warframe's cc ability with brief respite" and now there are enemies who will keep blasting you. Older frames should also get tweaking on survivability as well as some of their kits probably need help for some stronger challenges. It's also hilarious that three meta Warframes (Rhino, Wukong, and Mag) all have their cc work against eximus still (Rhino's 4, Wukong with augument, and Mag's bubble and one of her auguments). 

actually almost all warframes need tweaks. in a group, some things are balanced and i can also camp naked for an hour in arbitration. but solo i'm constantly healing and hiding while playing with weird warframe and sausage weapons. against ranged enemies you can't even use mele without constant healing. the damage even breaks through 700+ armor.
I know the tricks and I have gear. only when I play with noobs, then I'm constantly reviving. even if warframe survives, then surely the pets will always be lying in the dirt.

4 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

actually almost all warframes need tweaks. in a group, some things are balanced and i can also camp naked for an hour in arbitration. but solo i'm constantly healing and hiding while playing with weird warframe and sausage weapons. against ranged enemies you can't even use mele without constant healing. the damage even breaks through 700+ armor.
I know the tricks and I have gear. only when I play with noobs, then I'm constantly reviving. even if warframe survives, then surely the pets will always be lying in the dirt.

As I said, most survivability is ability spam, which is a problem if said ability spam is cc instead of dmg. Take Equinox for example, she can only cast rest when there are enemies awake, once they are all asleep, she has nothing to spam to survive eximus projectiles. That is just one example. If DE would have let us keep Marked for Death or added something else to helminth as a universal dps setup, maybe there wouldn't be as many problems when a big tanky eximus shows up to ruin my day.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

As I said, most survivability is ability spam, which is a problem if said ability spam is cc instead of dmg. Take Equinox for example, she can only cast rest when there are enemies awake, once they are all asleep, she has nothing to spam to survive eximus projectiles. That is just one example. If DE would have let us keep Marked for Death or added something else to helminth as a universal dps setup, maybe there wouldn't be as many problems when a big tanky eximus shows up to ruin my day.

It was already apparent which frames needed reworks when they have several auguments required for their own default kit to function properly. DE should probably make some of these auguments available by default instead of making us lose a ton of mod slots.

Eximus are making it even more obvious when these already augument modded and even helminth kits are failing against them.

Some certain builds may need tweaking, but for Equinox a day build focused on 3+4 where #1 is replaced with gloom or silence is a massive killer since it completely shuts down and annihilates eximus and overguard across a whole map. Eximus just dont spawn often enough to shut down Equinox from building up damage for her #4, and reaching the levels of damage needed to instantly strip overguard on every eximus in range doesnt take long. And silence just removes all abilities across the map with the same build since it is focused on range most likely. Meaning no eximus skills, no thrax beams or scythe dancing and so on.

7 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Some certain builds may need tweaking, but for Equinox a day build focused on 3+4 where #1 is replaced with gloom or silence is a massive killer since it completely shuts down and annihilates eximus and overguard across a whole map. Eximus just dont spawn often enough to shut down Equinox from building up damage for her #4, and reaching the levels of damage needed to instantly strip overguard on every eximus in range doesnt take long. And silence just removes all abilities across the map with the same build since it is focused on range most likely. Meaning no eximus skills, no thrax beams or scythe dancing and so on.

Yes but that's if you run day form, I'm not saying it's impossible to counter the new update, it's just that most builds on frames were thrown out of balance. Your suggestion still doesn't fix that Equinox is holding down 3 channeling abilities with only endgame arcanes to keep up her energy bar. The fact you need that much energy to survive as equinox while removing half her kit proves she needs some help.

Just now, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Yes but that's if you run day form, I'm not saying it's impossible to counter the new update, it's just that most builds on frames were thrown out of balance. Your suggestion still doesn't fix that Equinox is holding down 3 channeling abilities with only endgame arcanes to keep up her energy bar. The fact you need that much energy to survive as equinox while removing half her kit proves she needs some help.

Not to mention that doesn't help for other frames like Oberon.

DE should expand their list of abilities which can be subsumed by Helminth, specifically letting us choose one of two abilities per frame to add. Make the next abilities be more defensively focused.

Imagine getting Revenant's Mesmer Skin, or Nezha's Warding Halo. Boom, suddenly every frame's a giga tank.

15 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

DE should expand their list of abilities which can be subsumed by Helminth, specifically letting us choose one of two abilities per frame to add. Make the next abilities be more defensively focused.

Imagine getting Revenant's Mesmer Skin, or Nezha's Warding Halo. Boom, suddenly every frame's a giga tank.

Probably not something that strong but something that can give a couple thousand armor like Wukong is nice

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XBOX)Upl0rdYT:

It was already apparent which frames needed reworks when they have several

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XBOX)Upl0rdYT:

It was already apparent which frames needed reworks when they have several auguments required for their own default kit to function properly. DE should probably make some of these auguments available by default instead of making us lose a ton of mod slots.

Eximus are making it even more obvious when these already augument modded and even helminth kits are failing against them.

required for their own default kit to function properly. DE should probably make some of these auguments available by default instead of making us lose a ton of mod slots.

actually i would do augments for almost all skills and these mods should work like the railjack! several tabs extra for it and not as weird as now. then you can adjust the skills for the style of play. example would be classic rpg with focus on group play.
I've often thought about the idea of augments for almost all skills in the past. there should even be several augments for a skill. and devs can make the mods very hard to get. then even vets would be busy for months!

but i think devs don't want to care about balance at all. it's easier to design new warframe and any pointless weapons.

the augments can also improve the gameplay. because I don't just want cc, dmg or tank. I want sensible play! and no strange things like octavia: "keep 4 skills pointless on cd, jump and crouch like crazy and try to collect loot and do damage!". and this is supposed to be serious......?

and finally a few examples for beginners. because if you compare concrete examples, then you also realize that certain warframes don't make any sense at all at the moment.

1. wisp
helminth was implemented and now you can build something like wisp wit aoe weapon and reload skill from chroma. plus crit arcane with self damage aura and with their 3 buffs everything is in the dirt and not even armor ignore skill (like ash shuriken as an example) is needed here. on sp you can blow everything away for hours.
what dps warframes can compete with that? (I don't count senseless overkill damage) and don't forget that team runs around with 3 top buffs and melts everything down.

2. nekros
max range + high duration. 3rd skill consumes life, so activate and forget. ball skill from octavia. aoe heal arcane.
now we have cc, 1500+ armor, heaps of loot, team is constantly healed. I'm mobile and don't block respawn like khora's cc build.
if someone annoys us after an hour of sp camping, then the 4th skill will be activated. his pets cannot be killed.
why do we need another loot frame, trinity or whatever?

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Pizzarugi:

then certain warframes are needed even less. and now wukong not only has armor ignore skill for his 4th as an example. now his 3rd skill is replaced with a top skill. because why 1500 armor if i can heal myself fully with 2th and i'm probably in cover after that.

so I think the idea with augments is better. because warframes should be more than a skin.

53 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

You actually dont need the arcanes for it. I run a silence day build with basic energy, neutral duration and 175% efficiency. That build isnt optimized. My Gloom day build runs 40% duration and 190% efficiency instead with flow(primed). Avenger+Grace in the silence build, Avenger+Guardian in the other. Normal energy orbs are enough to keep them going since the drain is based on enemies effected, so in less dense missions you use less energy, while in more dense missions you use more energy but the map is filled with orbs.

2 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

so I think the idea with augments is better. because warframes should be more than a skin.

If your frame needs to waste a mod slot on an augment to be good, then it should be rolled into the skill. Augments should tweak skills, not be a crutch.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Pizzarugi:

If your frame needs to waste a mod slot on an augment to be good, then it should be rolled into the skill. Augments should tweak skills, not be a crutch.

somehow you didn't even come close to understanding the meaning and are talking about something completely different.
and if you mean that a warframe is unplayable without mods then... omg! and where should the game be played and what is the goal?
end of discussion. it could hardly be more pointless. then i can babble senselessly with a wall about the meaning of life.

1 hour ago, Battle.Mage said:

somehow you didn't even come close to understanding the meaning and are talking about something completely different.
and if you mean that a warframe is unplayable without mods then... omg! and where should the game be played and what is the goal?
end of discussion. it could hardly be more pointless. then i can babble senselessly with a wall about the meaning of life.

I was using Equinox as an example. Literally her 3rd and 4th abilities almost always have their auguments used. Her 4th augument is literally essential to her kit (it should be a thing by default on a frame designed to switch between 2 forms constantly.) Her 3rd augument is required for her ability to be good on night form (and even then, you need to be a bullet sponge for it to work). Those two auguments make up most setups for Equinox and are almost required to actually use her. Try using Equinox without her 1st, 3rd, or 4th auguments and tell me if you see a design problem.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Upl0rdYT:

I was using Equinox as an example. Literally her 3rd and 4th abilities almost always have their auguments used. Her 4th augument is literally essential to her kit (it should be a thing by default on a frame designed to switch between 2 forms constantly.) Her 3rd augument is required for her ability to be good on night form (and even then, you need to be a bullet sponge for it to work). Those two auguments make up most setups for Equinox and are almost required to actually use her. Try using Equinox without her 1st, 3rd, or 4th auguments and tell me if you see a design problem.

no idea why you quoted that. this is not for you and this thing is already on ignore.

Archived