Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra's Sentience(Zariman spoilers, I guess)

Yasha-7HS

While many people very much enjoy the way Umbra's sentience works, I'd like to make a simple proposition.

Allow me to toggle Sentience so that I can actually use the abilities I channel after going into Operator, and so that buffs are not randomly removed from my kit for no good reason. This has been an issue since the frame was released, and only gets more apparent as I have to swap into Operator as a mandatory requisite to complete missions.

Parasitic Link from Nidus gets purged, as well as buffs like Furious Javelin making synergies and builds less effective on a frame designed for them for no reason. As such, I'd rather have the ability to disable Sentience entirely so that it doesn't get changed for people who use it as a free specter, while I can simply use my kit unrestrained by bugs.

Making it a mod is unfavorable, a toggle or even accessory choice to disable this would be ideal.

Spoiler
Yes, I do know you can just use regular Excalibur instead. It would be nice if I could use the base stats of the other Excalibur I own, too.

• 3 months later...

What I would do (and eventually intend to make a post about) is have a complete overhaul of his AI. I've theorized that he is running not on the specter AI but the kubrow one, and after much testing I'm about 60/40% sure I'm right. For one thing he can only use 3 out of 4 activated abilities, and like a kubrow, will turn off any that he can use pretty much immediately once he thinks (for no reason) that there are no enemies around. I have some ideas on several fixes, the most pressing one being his AI as well as a few ability fixes. He shouldn't be sharing it with anything really, specter or not, he should have his own separate AI framework entirely.

1. Yes, being able to toggle this would be really nice.

2. What annoys me so much is that he can't be ordered to wait/follow, like an actual specter can. Speaking as a mostly-solo player, that's most of the usefulness of an AI ally, being able to tell them to stay at Point A while you go to Point B, and any other situation where you need to be in two places at once.

• 3 months later...

I am making a more recent reply to this thread to remind that the issue was not fully addressed by allowing Exalted Blade to carry over after switching back. As the ability still removes buffs from the frame. 

A toggle to enable or disable this passive would work best against this issue. This is not to detract from the valid critique against the AI itself, either. But those deserve their own thread as that is a wider issue with all friendly AI. 

Archived