Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spy missions seem more 3 player based not 4

Ahkyo

I Try to be helpful in missions I do but in the end of a spy missions it ends with me doing nothing I only use Yareli and when ever I enter one of the vaults some one dashes in front of me to hack the console also this seems to be negative because players will enter a level not knowing how the spy rooms work esp. in lua  the only time I normally I can run a vault I wish they could add another function too it if not add like a minor award on the side. sigh as it is I feel I should just kill stuff or play on my phone cause the vaults will be rushed with out me being able to contribute anything....

Actually it works quite well with 4.  1 for each console (there's 3), 1 for running interference away from the spy consoles (there's the fourth).  

I can even accomplish this with 2 players (as I tend to unlock all the consoles without issue).  

10 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

Actually it works quite well with 4.  1 for each console (there's 3), 1 for running interference away from the spy consoles (there's the fourth).  

I can even accomplish this with 2 players (as I tend to unlock all the consoles without issue).  

but npcs wont run in vaults unless dragged in or most the time wont enter at that point your just killing not really beneficial to the mission 😑 again basically leeching as I was saying though add that function fight to gain attention and add a minor award as a side goal or something of that nature 

11 minutes ago, Ahkyo said:

but npcs wont run in vaults unless dragged in or most the time wont enter at that point your just killing not really beneficial to the mission 😑 again basically leeching as I was saying though add that function fight to gain attention and add a minor award as a side goal or something of that nature 

You mean like Syndicate NPCs?  I've stopped using them for a long while.  DE can't even get them to spawn consistently in Syndicate missions even at the beginning.  Why should I trust them now?  

As for Randoms...  Most of those I don't play with anymore as they tend to either leech or laze their way through the missions.  

I will either play with people I trust and know will play and not leech, or solo.  

Don't get me wrong, the game mechanics still works as I remember from 2013.  The players left playing the game right now and active aren't into cooperating or playing like a team.   There there for the extraction summary reinforcing special snowflake stars for them. 

Spies having only 3 vaults when the mission can be played with 4 player really is weird yeah.

It would be nice if DE add something that help the team so the 4th player wouldn't feel useless. Like having a security room that you could interfere with so you could make the vault having less security (like reducing the lasers, disabled the camera, opening some shorcuts) or something, idk.

10 minutes ago, MBaldelli said:

You mean like Syndicate NPCs?  I've stopped using them for a long while.  DE can't even get them to spawn consistently in Syndicate missions even at the beginning.  Why should I trust them now?  

As for Randoms...  Most of those I don't play with anymore as they tend to either leech or laze their way through the missions.  

I will either play with people I trust and know will play and not leech, or solo.  

Don't get me wrong, the game mechanics still works as I remember from 2013.  The players left playing the game right now and active aren't into cooperating or playing like a team.   There there for the extraction summary reinforcing special snowflake stars for them. 

I mean as for the npc's in the mission the default enemies they will not go into vault rooms so no incentive to kill  as for people leeching as I said add something to the side Like I have witnesses teams spend 5 minutes looking for a angel in new mission's your actually partly stating what I want to stop they are afking because people will rush do all the rooms and will leave them nothing to do or they haven't had to learn to do it... I just don't think players wanna afk to afk ,ye its basically cause every one doesn't have something to contribute in the mission 

After meditating on this a little more I think I might have an idea why - I think they were designed to be done in sequence. They aren't spread out equidistantly so the team can each depart for individual objectives, but rather linearly as you progress through the map - so I think the original thought might have been that all 4 players would tackle each objective in progression? Or maybe they just didn't want to build special mission maps for spy and were forced to make them linear like that.

Hmmm. Actually, it would be nice if there were 4 vaults all equidistant, it would only be bad for relic spy. Alternatively you could have like a megavault scenario where 4 players actually do have to all work at hacking through a single supervault, could be interesting, might be a pain to solo though.

One benefit of the current setup is that if people do have trouble with a vault help isn't too far behind.

14 hours ago, Toa_Ignika said:

It would be nice if DE add something that help the team so the 4th player wouldn't feel useless. Like having a security room that you could interfere with so you could make the vault having less security (like reducing the lasers, disabled the camera, opening some shorcuts) or something, idk.

13 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

It is a little strange, you'd expect there to be 4 vaults

God please no!  Doing something like this would be annoying for we solo players as we would have another objective to be done before completing the mission.  Plus another vault?  Rotations are A - A - B - C on most missions.  On Spy Missions the mission rewards are A - B - C when it comes to successfully hacking the consoles.  You want another A rotation reward for spy missions?  If you want rewards, strip mine the map.  Don't add to the grind.  We have plenty of grind in this game as it is.  

14 hours ago, Ahkyo said:

I just don't think players wanna afk to afk ,ye its basically cause every one doesn't have something to contribute in the mission 

Quite the opposite -- if they can laze their way to MR 30, L1 and L2 -- people will do it.  Incentive through participation isn't going to make them do it -- and the truth is you're going to cause the people that are doing the work to have to do more.  You're not solving the inherent problem of lazy players by adding to the removing them through open matchmaking (by cutting down the matchmaking system to 3 for this exception) -- the only way to do cut them out would be to exclude them from playing with people that want to participate in the mission. And that would be by solo, invitation and friends only.  

Because even with a closed/friends only group, I covered that rather well in the original response here: 

15 hours ago, MBaldelli said:

On 2022-06-04 at 9:30 PM, CrownOfShadows said:

After meditating on this a little more I think I might have an idea why - I think they were designed to be done in sequence. They aren't spread out equidistantly so the team can each depart for individual objectives, but rather linearly as you progress through the map

Makes sense

the evolution of warframe mobility has made distances irrelevant though, hence people do them simultaneously now

plus most players have learned that 2 tenno in a vault at the same time is a recipe for uncoordinated disaster, so split up

Archived