The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can You Bring Back Vandal?

Jinpu

That's all well and good but when the 'shinies' are outright better than everything else it's a bit unfair, don't you think?

Except, depending on playstyle, the Gorgon, Boltor, HEK and I'm sure other weapons can perfectly compete with the vandal.

There will be other "event/exclusive" weapons. They will probably always be similar to the standard weapons with minor variations.

It's kind of nice for there to be rare items as long as they aren't game changers. People occasionally missing one of them won't hurt badly. Still it isn't likely that they will have them even as fast as every month. So don't forget to log in or at least check the forums regularly.

I was so happy. i made a second account that day to buy the new vandal on that as well. I'm not sure what else to say to you other than ... they said it was that weekend ONLY. They made it pretty clear in the announcement that it was open beta weekend EXCLUSIVE.

https://warframe.com...-february-15-19

I'll quote.

PLUS, all players taking part in our Open Beta Weekend will have the chance to grab the EXCLUSIVE Braton Vandal weapon. Available this weekend only at the in-game market.

They already left it on longer than the weekend.. so you had plenty of chances to buy it.. why didn't you?

Edited by xenapan

I actually had it and did not like it so I sold it. Now I want one for lower level frame.... If devs bring it back, that will be great. If devs don't it wont bother me... Don't get all worked up about it... Jesus... lol

Why is this forum full of self righteous, know it all douchebags?

Edited by Jinpu

The Vandal should never come back ever again. It's a Limited Edition Weapon and should stay that way. Otherwise it would lose all purpose and meaning. I had to sell my Akbolto for it.

"You did WHAT!?!"

Who could ever sell an Akbolto... Mine is beloved, the only handgun I trust to defend me in all situations. Those things have gotten me through some ridiculous S#&$...

Also, the Braton Vandal is quite well balanced compared to the standard Braton. One has higher damage per shot, the other RoF. Choose your poison. Although I have not ranked my Vandal to 30 yet, my standard Braton eats nearly everything except for high armor targets for lunch and dinner. Still love my Boltor more though. =D

Edited by Alaric_Kerensky

As many have mentioned before me. its a open beta weekend Exclusive and should not come back in any other form again. That said if you look at "LOL's" track record they do have a habit of bringing back limited editions skin around holidays as christmas and the likes.

Maybe they will bring it back some day, but as of now its a clear "NO" to bring it back just because someone missed out during ther "Open Beta" weekend which everyone had access to.

Shatiya

There is no reason for even giving you an exclusive weapon.

The weapon was available for the whole weekend.

Lesson learned from this:

Check out the forums, read the patch notes, become interested in the future of Warframe.

I can see them releasing it again at some other time way into the future. Like another exclusive weekend deal, or maybe a special event that lasts a very limited time maybe a year from now. I'd be fine with that. I have it myself, and don't mind others getting it too. But yeah, it needs to stay rare and stay exclusive.

btw, the normal Braton is perfectly fine too. Vandal isn't "better" - people just think that because it's shiny and exclusive. Though it has higher damage, it also has a lower rate of fire. That's the trade off. As someone else said in another thread somewhere, it's a "side-grade" of the Braton, NOT an "upgrade".