Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The sky is really the limit

cute_moth.npc

The sky is the limit! 

That's the problem ;_;

You reach the limit with a parkour mod or two, 

It resets and then drops you down in front of enemies 

The limit is very limiting!

In the future when there are map reworks or new maps added can we get some more sky or just a hard skybox with no reset like some maps have if more sky isn't possible? It would be great to jump into the air without fear of the invisible line. 

Thanks! To The Moon Gme GIF by Partiful!

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Why should this be changed?

Because it is aggravating to jump into the air perfectly fine for movement and attacks on some maps while on others it will reset you and there's no way to even see where the limit is?

It's not like falling into a hole and being punished for falling into a hole which is a part of the gameplay loop you're obviously supposed to avoid, it's something that is limiting because of some map designs that don't match up with the rest of the game. It works perfectly fine on most maps or others have physical ceilings, while on others it's literally just a weirdly out of place constraint. 

Why should it not be changed? ^^;

3 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Why should it not be changed? ^^;

Well, as far as I'm concerned the issue you've raised isn't that big a deal. As someone who regularly uses Titania and Zephyr I rarely have issues with the skybox. The bigger the vertical skybox the bigger the horizontal boundaries have to be as well. Sounds like it'd be a lot of work. 

I mean... it certainly wouldn't make the game worse by doing this. I just don't know if it would make much of a difference to 99% of the population if it were/weren't changed.

13 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Well, as far as I'm concerned the issue you've raised isn't that big a deal. As someone who regularly uses Titania and Zephyr I rarely have issues with the skybox. The bigger the vertical skybox the bigger the horizontal boundaries have to be as well. Sounds like it'd be a lot of work. 

I mean... it certainly wouldn't make the game worse by doing this. I just don't know if it would make much of a difference to 99% of the population if it were/weren't changed.

There's nothing wrong with asking for them to look at adjusting these things in their reworks which is what I asked for, or considering them in new maps is reasonable?

Some of that is pretty low effort, I know from a game design perspective that a flight ceiling is realistic otherwise players can either have an unrealistic tactical advantage or just reach viewing angles when they can see unfinished parts of the map or the void below. That means that raising the sky isn't necessarily realistic for any map if the outside of the map has to get reworked. If they felt like raising the sky on some maps was like that they can add a hard skybox like they did for the Cerberus, Pluto defense map - it has a really low ceiling but when you reach it you just stop. Adding a boundry to some flat skyboxes is not some kind of intense feat like asking them to rework the damage system.

Boundary zones get complained about more often than you think? There are issues with weirdly low ones like in Grineer foundry levels too that could stand to be looked at when those maps get a review!

It would be great to get skyboxes fixed up.  Whenever I jump out of bounds because of one, it just feels slapdash and unpolished.   The game tells you you're a bionic space wizard that can leap tall buildings and...

Jean Yoon Reaction GIF by Kim's Convenience

...oh, I guess not.

It seems like the new corpus tiles are much better about this, so I'm guessing this is on the list of things they'll get around to as they remaster more.  In the meantime, some hard skybox patches would be better than what we've got.   I haven't a clue how hard that is though.

Archived