Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overguard enemies with a Damage Cap

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

I still love the design of Overguard enemies, but they do kind of stop players from using their warframes once the enemy scales high enough to start 1 shotting their shields, unless youre using frames with reliable invulnerabiliy abilities like Frost & Nehza to stay in the fight with. I think it creates a pretty discomforting playstyle that forces you into operator mode, or forces you to run and hide behind a rock like a scared mouse.

If thats the way DE wants the game to be played, that is fine, i just want to throw up an idea in the case that DE thinks its okay for the game to be played another way.

That idea is giving Overguard enemies a damage cap, that equates to a percentage of the player's shields and health. Say 25% shield and health per second, or do

(25% player total shield and health) x (Firerate) = Max damage

Essentially the same thing

What this does is allow the enemy to maintain its level of threat, but in a way that more fairly gives players the ability to react to the situation as Shield Gate does. Shield Gate works against normal enemies, as often times players with the right builds have enough energy to give themselves space to regain their shields and eliminate the enemy, whilst still playing as their Warframe. When it comes to Overguard enemies however, that solution of course no longer works if you need the abilitiy to affect the enemy directly. Meaning youll have to either stop playing as your warframe and use your operator to hopefully take the overguard enemy out before it one shots your operator, or you can run and pray to RNGesus that a stray bullet doesnt hit you as 1 often does.

Let me know your guy's thoughts about it

1 hour ago, Oggyswe said:

What levels on the enemies are we talking about? 

I should start mentioning that when i say "high levels" this refers to whatever level of enemies you start being unable to takedown the enemy fast enough before they 1 shot your shields.

This varies from player to player depending on where you are at in the game and the frame you use. An Mr 1 struggling with level 40 enemies, mr 30 struggling with level 300 enemies

The issue presents itself at some point as enemies scale. And it is one that you cant get pass without the methods mentioned. 

As i said, if its what DE intends for the enemies to do, fine, but if theyre okay with this change so that players arent unfairly kicked from their warframe as content scales, it would be a great change. It plays on the same grounds as shield gate and its reasoning for its creation.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

I should start mentioning that when i say "high levels" this refers to whatever level of enemies you start being unable to takedown the enemy fast enough before they 1 shot your shields.

This varies from player to player depending on where you are at in the game and the frame you use. An Mr 1 struggling with level 40 enemies, mr 30 struggling with level 300 enemies

The issue presents itself at some point as enemies scale. And it is one that you cant get pass without the methods mentioned. 

As i said, if its what DE intends for the enemies to do, fine, but if theyre okay with this change so that players arent unfairly kicked from their warframe as content scales, it would be a great change. It plays on the same grounds as shield gate and its reasoning for its creation.

Well DE do not balance for endless mission levels never have never will so if its past starshart levels its not a issue for the game. 

1 hour ago, Oggyswe said:

Well DE do not balance for endless mission levels never have never will so if its past starshart levels its not a issue for the game. 

17 hours ago, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

If thats the way DE wants the game to be played, that is fine, i just want to throw up an idea in the case that DE thinks its okay for the game to be played another way.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022-08-19 at 11:57 PM, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

That idea is giving Overguard enemies a damage cap, that equates to a percentage of the player's shields and health. Say 25% shield and health per second, or do

(25% player total shield and health) x (Firerate) = Max damage

Making a damage based formula is fine. But I often skip on health/shield/armor mods if I am doing a long farm run. The more skill/knowledge a player has the less health/shield/armor the player needs.  So I do not think having it based on shields, health or armor is a good idea. It basically lets me mod higher dps through warframe modding. Which I think is limited to maybe 2 sets and one more mod at the time.

Archived